• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Middle aged men who hate women in general (and quite possibly also their wives) have had football, their safe space from ladyfolk invaded by bloody women. First they let them drive, then vote and now seem to think they can have an opinion on what Sounness clearly said was a man's game. The fudging gall....
The same people probably used to say the same about black people.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Really? the 1970s (and 80s and 90s and...) wants their misogyny back.
Maybe we women fans don't have any place in the men's game either and we should leave it so you can get back to the "get your t*ts out for the lads" chants that so charmingly graced the terraces back in the day.
It's not really what I meant and it's being taken out of proportion. Ive never been one to chant such things it's just I'm used to male commentators doing the men's games. Some people may love hearing women commentate, it's just not for me nothing more than that.

Which one are you?
Ha ha neither really.
A few female pundits are decent but that's not my point. As I've replied in other posts it's just that I've grown up watching football hearing male commentators and that's how I prefer it.

Why?
Just the fact I don't like hearing female voices commentate on games I watch? I've watched football for over 40 years and it's what I'm accustomed to, that being men commentating on men's football.
Each to their own, I'm sure there's things you don't like that I do.

You didn’t say you didn’t like it, you said women commentators don’t belong in men’s football.

I personally am used to mens commentary on the game and prefer it, even though most commentators are annoying.

My children will grow up with this mixed co commentators teams and will be used to that. And that will be their norm.

I think it's fantastic but not for me and my old ways

You didn’t say you didn’t like it, you said women commentators don’t belong in men’s football.
Ok, worded wrong.
I don't thing it suits the mens' game purely because I'm used to hearing men commentating.
On a side note when I've watched Wimbledon tennis down the years I've never had an issue with Sue Barker, Ginny Wade or whoever is commentating as it's what I am used to.

Ok, worded wrong.
I don't thing it suits the mens' game purely because I'm used to hearing men commentating.
On a side note when I've watched Wimbledon tennis down the years I've never had an issue with Sue Barker, Ginny Wade or whoever is commentating as it's what I am used to.

Eleanor Oldroyd has been commentating on football for the BBC since 1991

I personally am used to mens commentary on the game and prefer it, even though most commentators are annoying.

My children will grow up with this mixed co commentators teams and will be used to that. And that will be their norm.

I think it's fantastic but not for me and my old ways

The female commentators during the Ashes are levels above what I've heard from female football commentators. I think the quality of female commentators hasn't yet developed in football. Nothing to do with bias or misogyny.

The female commentators during the Ashes are levels above what I've heard from female football commentators. I think the quality of female commentators hasn't yet developed in football. Nothing to do with bias or misogyny.
It's more the high pitched squeeky voices that buggers me, not their knowledge. Same goes with men. Have a few male commentators in Norway that scream like little girls, (and for fellow Norwegians here, yes it's Alsaker and Wikestad). I can't stand it! Get earbleed.

Tapsoba would be a quality signing, always stood out on TV; strong, good in the air and comfortable on the ball.

Almost too good compared to some of the poor defenders we've had recently, but the type of quality we should be after.

Back