• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Really? the 1970s (and 80s and 90s and...) wants their misogyny back.
Maybe we women fans don't have any place in the men's game either and we should leave it so you can get back to the "get your t*ts out for the lads" chants that so charmingly graced the terraces back in the day.
Martin Jol. Slavia Prague away. Good times.

Rice is absolute quality IMO
But for £100m… I’d get two £50m players that elevate the whole team
Rice can’t do it on his own but he can do a lot
What I don’t get is they are after DMs and CBS
They need a striker imo
Xhaka is leaving and they seem to be trying to be less reliant on Partey. CM does make sense. The majority of Arsenal fans I know all wanted to beef up midfield before striker and this was said at the end of last season before any transfer links. They feel like they get enough goals from throughout the side that the striker wasn't the most pressing concern. I imagine they are going to give Jesus this season to see if he can step up and if not they will then go for a striker.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Really? the 1970s (and 80s and 90s and...) wants their misogyny back.
Maybe we women fans don't have any place in the men's game either and we should leave it so you can get back to the "get your t*ts out for the lads" chants that so charmingly graced the terraces back in the day.
What are you doing posting at this time? Shouldn't you be in the kitchen making breakfast?

Xhaka is leaving and they seem to be trying to be less reliant on Partey. CM does make sense. The majority of Arsenal fans I know all wanted to beef up midfield before striker and this was said at the end of last season before any transfer links. They feel like they get enough goals from throughout the side that the striker wasn't the most pressing concern. I imagine they are going to give Jesus this season to see if he can step up and if not they will then go for a striker.

They were linked with rice in January so the links have been there a long time
Rice is a great addition for any side
But city won the league because they put teams away when needed. Arsenal didn’t
Rice IMO doesn’t fix that
Haivertz could be interesting though
That feels like they are going to be even more attacking and ride will be doing two jobs which he is one of the few players I think can do that

They were linked with rice in January so the links have been there a long time
Rice is a great addition for any side
But city won the league because they put teams away when needed. Arsenal didn’t
Rice IMO doesn’t fix that
Haivertz could be interesting though
That feels like they are going to be even more attacking and ride will be doing two jobs which he is one of the few players I think can do that
I like you thought that a striker would be their priority, but I can only tell you what my Arsenal supporting friends have been telling me. They all to a tee have been focusing on the midfield and then a CB to replace Gabriel to support Saliba. Striker is just way further down on their priority list and what can I say, I watch much less of Arsenal than they do, so they probably have a reasonable understanding of what they need.

I like you thought that a striker would be their priority, but I can only tell you what my Arsenal supporting friends have been telling me. They all to a tee have been focusing on the midfield and then a CB to replace Gabriel to support Saliba. Striker is just way further down on their priority list and what can I say, I watch much less of Arsenal than they do, so they probably have a reasonable understanding of what they need.

Arteta is copying Pep, what he doesn't understand is the entire team plus squad needs to be elite, and even then Haaland (Kane would have had similar impact) has shown (treble) that fannying around with "kinda strikers" isn't the best idea.

Glad we got Guglielmo in but if Loris is leaving shouldn't we be looking for another young keeper as back up? Or is there one from the youth squad? Or is Forster still good enough?

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

Obviously the Emery effect helps, but thought we might in for him too.

Saw that too. Villa have been building very intelligently over the last few years - some decent transfers.

There's the top 7 in the PL now with Saudi Sportswashing Machine joining the previous big 6...but then Villa and Brighton feel like they're inching away from the rest and closer to that group of 7

Arteta is copying Pep, what he doesn't understand is the entire team plus squad needs to be elite, and even then Haaland (Kane would have had similar impact) has shown (treble) that fannying around with "kinda strikers" isn't the best idea.
I don’t think you need the whole team elite
But you do need key players though the spine who are
I think arsenals keeper is very good but has weaknesses
Their CBS have a weakness with Gabriel
Rice is a step up
I’d not see Jesus being world class

That’s the match up difference with city

I don’t think you need the whole team elite
But you do need key players though the spine who are
I think arsenals keeper is very good but has weaknesses
Their CBS have a weakness with Gabriel
Rice is a step up
I’d not see Jesus being world class

That’s the match up difference with city
I'm not sure if your striker needs to be absolutely world class to win the league. It certainly helps of course and like you I don't think Jesus is ultimately good enough but if he can get to level just below WC and the rest of the team keep scoring and creating as they do, it might not matter.

I'm not sure if your striker needs to be absolutely world class to win the league. It certainly helps of course and like you I don't think Jesus is ultimately good enough but if he can get to level just below WC and the rest of the team keep scoring and creating as they do, it might not matter.

It won’t matter to improve them
But to get above city you need that imo

Back