• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

They could get Caicedo and Vlahovic for the price of Rice I reckon. As good as Rice is that would make them better.

the way they’ve spent $$$ under Arteta though it wouldn’t surprise me if they dropped another 100+ this window on a couple of other players.
It’s all business I guess
But I agree
Make the squad better with small tweaks
they Will lose a couple of midfielders too now which makes the squad issue more key IMO

Partey and Xhaka will be gone so they need DMs. They've no depth at CB, as soon as Saliba was injured they had to bring in Holding.
They actually have the polish lad
But their issue was they didn’t get the key gaols
Defensively they we’re generally good
I think their full backs are an issue more than CBs

There are some great female pundits
But Eni Aluko is awful
She is wrong in her comments so many times because I think she speaks before thinking.
I really rate Emma Hayes as up there with the very best and comparing the two is like chalk and cheese
Agree with that.
My problem lies with women commentators/co-commentators during games, no place for them in the men's game imo. Plenty of women's football nowadays for them to screech over.

Rice is absolute quality IMO
But for £100m… I’d get two £50m players that elevate the whole team
Rice can’t do it on his own but he can do a lot
What I don’t get is they are after DMs and CBS
They need a striker imo
I get that comparing transfer fees is really about comparing buying out players' contracts (the difference between buying a player with 1 year left vs. 3 years left) and not just ability, but RM getting Bellingham for roughly the same price as Rice just goes to show how skewed things are.
With that said, I don't think Rice will be bad for them... he might end up doing really good things which is unfortunate. Whether it's worth that much is up in the air but I think Rice could be decent enough to not make that transfer fee too wasteful in the end.

I get that comparing transfer fees is really about comparing buying out players' contracts (the difference between buying a player with 1 year left vs. 3 years left) and not just ability, but RM getting Bellingham for roughly the same price as Rice just goes to show how skewed things are.
With that said, I don't think Rice will be bad for them... he might end up doing really good things which is unfortunate. Whether it's worth that much is up in the air but I think Rice could be decent enough to not make that transfer fee too wasteful in the end.
I think rices fee has value if he stays fit. He will make them a small amount better.
He is quality
But I think there is better value if they spread the risk and acquired two players
Last year Xhaka was excellent and partey was a fan favourite. They were better strong in that area. Just seems to me to be the wrong focus

I think rices fee has value if he stays fit. He will make them a small amount better.
He is quality
But I think there is better value if they spread the risk and acquired two players
Last year Xhaka was excellent and partey was a fan favourite. They were better strong in that area. Just seems to me to be the wrong focus
I would've been disappointed if Arsenal ended up with Richarlison instead of us, even with the hindsight of this past season. I mostly lay the blame for that at Conte though. His "looking at the bench, then looking back at the pitch" excuse was fine for his first season here but not after last summer where I thought we did a decent job of strengthening the squad.

Well, let's see how this all plays out once the season gets going. I am a bit surprised they let Xhaka go but maybe at 30, all parties thought a move was the best option. As for Partey... I don't really know what to say considering all the rumors surrounding him off the pitch.

I would've been disappointed if Arsenal ended up with Richarlison instead of us, even with the hindsight of this past season. I mostly lay the blame for that at Conte though. His "looking at the bench, then looking back at the pitch" excuse was fine for his first season here but not after last summer where I thought we did a decent job of strengthening the squad.

Well, let's see how this all plays out once the season gets going. I am a bit surprised they let Xhaka go but maybe at 30, all parties thought a move was the best option. As for Partey... I don't really know what to say considering all the rumors surrounding him off the pitch.
As I said to my mate just now
We making wholesale changes whereas others are making tweaks
We need quantity with some quality first and foremost

Neither of these are actually done yet, however....

£100m plus for Rice? He's a good player but the Goons must be desperate.

It makes £40m for Maddison (who is only 2 years older) look an absolute steal.
That's what you do when you really want to win something. Final pieces of the puzzle urgently needed to complete the team before age catches up.

Liverpool paid over the top for both Van Dijk and Becker and look what happened.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

That's what you do when you really want to win something. Final pieces of the puzzle urgently needed to complete the team before age catches up.

Liverpool paid over the top for both Van Dijk and Becker and look what happened.

Arsenal didn't finish 2nd because they didn't have a good CM though - probably where they were strongest last season. Rice is an upgrade on Partey, but they need CBs and a striker -- and more players who won't bottle it (probably the biggest box Rice ticks.)

Arsenal didn't finish 2nd because they didn't have a good CM though - probably where they were strongest last season. Rice is an upgrade on Partey, but they need CBs and a striker -- and more players who won't bottle it (probably the biggest box Rice ticks.)

maybe CBs but Rice can be a huge upgrade on Xhaka. Scores goals and relieves some of the creative burden from Odegaard.

Agree with that.
My problem lies with women commentators/co-commentators during games, no place for them in the men's game imo. Plenty of women's football nowadays for them to screech over.

Really? the 1970s (and 80s and 90s and...) wants their misogyny back.
Maybe we women fans don't have any place in the men's game either and we should leave it so you can get back to the "get your t*ts out for the lads" chants that so charmingly graced the terraces back in the day.

Agree with that.

Ignoring slightly the tone of the post, I think there's a justifiable point relating to this about balance of commentary teams. Are commentators in women's games generally just women, or are there male commentators? I dont watch women's football so have no idea

Back