• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Never understood signing these players that we have apparently been watching for a long time even though we have had a switch of managers with different styles. Club signing?

Never understood signing these players that we have apparently been watching for a long time even though we have had a switch of managers with different styles. Club signing?

Or it could be that we are watching the top players in each position and always have a prospective list of targets from which the manager may decide which he’s interested in.

Or it could be that we are watching the top players in each position and always have a prospective list of targets from which the manager may decide which he’s interested in.
You're saying the same thing. They are club targets whose abilities have been appraised over time. New manager comes in and we have a ready made list of players who we have been watching and whose attributes we are aware of.

The days of a manager coming and buying purely their own players is long gone and especially at Spurs where we have used the committee or DoF model for years to mitigate the risk involved in making purchases.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

To be fair Vertoghen was a club signing (signed when we were manageress between Redknapp and AVB) and he was one of the best signings we've made over the past few decades.

We also signed Lloris and Dembele that window, technically after AVB had started, but realistically without much input for him

I'm never sure who guided that window - was it Pleat, or was it perhaps Michael Edwards' data (he left for Liverpool 6-9 months prior, but possibly)?

I think clubs signings happen at an age and absolutely prospect stage which makes sense for the club and as I said before, so they should based on the fact managers have a turnover in the PL and clubs should look after long term interests. But with these links, I think we might hold the data to present to the manager but there is also a twinge of them hashing up 2+2 stories IMO, especially when its high profile players who would likely be pushing as starters

You're saying the same thing. They are club targets whose abilities have been appraised over time. New manager comes in and we have a ready made list of players who we have been watching and whose attributes we are aware of.

The days of a manager coming and buying purely their own players is long gone and especially at Spurs where we have used the committee or DoF model for years to mitigate the risk involved in making purchases.

But my take was that by club targets it meant that the club decided who we bought. Whereas I think they’re simply taking the logical step of keeping tabs on the best players and then when a manager comes in, they get to choose from that pool or suggest someone new. We had Paratici in as DoF it can’t be a huge shock if he outlined potential targets in his role during his time at our club.

But my take was that by club targets it meant that the club decided who we bought. Whereas I think they’re simply taking the logical step of keeping tabs on the best players and then when a manager comes in, they get to choose from that pool or suggest someone new. We had Paratici in as DoF it can’t be a huge shock if he outlined potential targets in his role during his time at our club.

It's going to be a mixture of things. Sometimes the scouted players is going to be presented and match well with the coaches expectations and sometimes not. We know the club has bought players with no manager present (Vertoghen, Dembele) and players the manager did not want Nkoudou, Sissoko, Rodon, Spence etc.

So the mention of club signings is not a stretch. It's clearly something we do at times when we believe said purchase makes sense.

To be completely fair that is precisely what is expected of a fully functioning DoF system. All signings would be club signings with the coach's style obviously taken into account but still they would in essence be "club signings".

Back