• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Did Cancelo sleep with Pep’s wife or something? He was the best full back in the world st the beginning of the season. Must be his attitude.

Shame we couldn't have got a bid from him in January and released him from what appeared to be a genuine misunderstanding of the loan rules and regs.

Hope it goes well if he goes out there but it does seem a drop down to be viable for Atletico and then heading there at 31...
He wasn't really viable for them, he only played twice.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Arsenal also going in for Jurrien Timber... not sure which CBs that will leave us with.
If Eric Dier starts a game in August, I will screech at the top of my lungs.

Is Timber the only CB available then? There will be plenty of options!
In this neck of the woods? Yes.

I think our strategy for transfers should be to get younger players with high potential as they will be cheaper than an established 26+ year old player. I don't think Timber is the next Davinson as he is fairly highly-rated.
A bunch of us brought up Badiashile well before Chelsea signed him, and I mentioned Timber before the WC started so it's not like we're talking about completely unknown players here. If I know about them, then a scout at a top-level club should know about them and then some.

Shame we couldn't have got a bid from him in January and released him from what appeared to be a genuine misunderstanding of the loan rules and regs.

Hope it goes well if he goes out there but it does seem a drop down to be viable for Atletico and then heading there at 31...
I think you'll be surprised by the level of player that are going to jump ship to Saudi.

Last edited:
In this neck of the woods? Yes.

I think our strategy for transfers should be to get younger players with high potential as they will be cheaper than an established 26+ year old player. I don't think Timber is the next Davinson as he is fairly highly-rated.
A bunch of us brought up Badiashile well before Chelsea signed him, and I mentioned Timber before the WC started so it's not like we're talking about completely unknown players here. If I know about them, then a scout at a top-level club should know about them and then some.

I'm not questioning whether Timber is or isnt any good, and I agree with you comment about what our transfer strategy should be.

I just can't imagine that Timber is the only decent, early 20s CB. I don't watch each and every football match weekly so I cant give you a list of others, but there will be others

Neves is the obvious early shout, makes sense for aging veterans / stars but who am I to judge people's decisions.

Neves is obviously a Mendes (Agent) thing. You obviously have Ronaldo over there and also Nuno Santo just won the league there. Mendes has found a new cash cow for himself and his portfolio of Portuguese clients. Watch some more Portuguese players follow Neves.

Neves is obviously a Mendes (Agent) thing. You obviously have Ronaldo over there and also Nuno Santo just won the league there. Mendes has found a new cash cow for himself and his portfolio of Portuguese clients. Watch some more Portuguese players follow Neves.

I'm sure some will follow him but I can't see them being able to do what they did with golf, where the effectively tried to buy the sport and have largely succeeded.

You need so many more players to have a competitive competition and players have a short shelf-life at the real top level compared to golf that not many genuinely top class players are really going to write off their peak years. And that's before you get to the problem with temperature/playing conditions and the cultural differences that players/families would face moving there

Just read that Steven Gerrard has turned down a fat contract to go and manage there

I'm sure some will follow him but I can't see them being able to do what they did with golf, where the effectively tried to buy the sport and have largely succeeded.

You need so many more players to have a competitive competition and players have a short shelf-life at the real top level compared to golf that not many genuinely top class players are really going to write off their peak years. And that's before you get to the problem with temperature/playing conditions and the cultural differences that players/families would face moving there

Just read that Steven Gerrard has turned down a fat contract to go and manage there

Yeah, The odds are stacked against it working like you say but you can bet if they build it up enough then FIFA will love it and they will expand the Club World Cup (or whatever its called) and you'll get a couple of star studded Saudi teams playing the likes of City and Real Madrid each year

Three years living large in the sun to set up your family for life, or three years in Birmingham in the rain avoiding relegation to set up your family for life. Tough decision.

Fixed it for you.

30 years ago, Klinsmann said that he earned so much money in his career that he wouldn't be able to spend of all it in his lifetime and he doubted his children would be able to. And, let's face it, they weren't paid that much compared to today's players. Remember the uproar when Ravanelli got himself a 42,000£/w contract à Middlesbrough?

Fixed it for you.

30 years ago, Klinsmann said that he earned so much money in his career that he wouldn't be able to spend of all it in his lifetime and he doubted his children would be able to. And, let's face it, they weren't paid that much compared to today's players. Remember the uproar when Ravanelli got himself a 42,000£/w contract à Middlesbrough?

A lot of players don't have to worry about spending all their money, they know plenty of people who will help them dispose of it.

Back