• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Its a tactic that works, you basically create a network that then turns into a reliance and then you have leverage in the future. They knew the Russians were laundering money in the UK banking system, they knew that the money that certain figures had was from from illegal activities BUT if it props up industry then you end up having to weigh up the pros and cons. Do you sanction them knowing them pulling their money out will cause the collapse of deals and industry that will see 1000s of jobs go? Took a war for us to deal with Russia and that was probably as much international optics than anything.

There was talk of UK horse racing acting on the Sheikh Mohammed situation on kidnapping his own daughter and his wife etc but his money and operations here employ 1000s of people and he has diplomatic relations with the Royals, knowing if they acted he would pull the plug would cause a multi million pound hole in the industry which would see it collapse they did nothing. Money is power

"If you don't I will pull out my money"...........best bargaining tool anyone can have in this modern world, proven to work

We, London really, have a way with dirty money. We know better than anyone how to 'civilise' ill-gotten gains. Because the Brits more or less invented global exploitation using formal, legal structures at home to normalise underhand activities. Whether the East India Company dealing Opium to get leverage over China, or the British Army exploiting people, we have hundreds of years of experience using our old boy's networks to formally turn wrong into a healthy clean bank balance!

We, London really, have a way with dirty money. We know better than anyone how to 'civilise' ill-gotten gains. Because the Brits more or less invented global exploitation using formal, legal structures at home to normalise underhand activities. Whether the East India Company dealing Opium to get leverage over China, or the British Army exploiting people, we have hundreds of years of experience using our old boy's networks to formally turn wrong into a healthy clean bank balance!

Yep and there is also a dark network of this kind of strategy turning into passports, political mates and being honoured by the Royals. Harder to crack down on your mates.

Not sure I buy last bit but ->

Chief Sports Writer for the Northern Echo - covers Saudi Sportswashing Machine. https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/s...achine-united-james-maddison-transfer-battle/

“there is a growing sense that Maddison is edging towards an alternative move to Tottenham, with sources claiming the England star will opt for Spurs as his first choice ahead of Saudi Sportswashing Machine. While the Magpies can offer Champions League football next season, with Tottenham not involved in European action at all, there are alternative considerations at play that could make it hard for Saudi Sportswashing Machine to pull off a deal. Maddison is understood to prefer a move to London ahead of a switch to the North-East for personal and family reasons, and with Saudi Sportswashing Machine reluctant to demolish their current wage structure this summer, Tottenham are also set to offer him a more lucrative weekly wage packet than the offer that would be on the table at St James’ Park.”

Chief Sports Writer for the Northern Echo - covers Saudi Sportswashing Machine. https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/s...achine-united-james-maddison-transfer-battle/

“there is a growing sense that Maddison is edging towards an alternative move to Tottenham, with sources claiming the England star will opt for Spurs as his first choice ahead of Saudi Sportswashing Machine. While the Magpies can offer Champions League football next season, with Tottenham not involved in European action at all, there are alternative considerations at play that could make it hard for Saudi Sportswashing Machine to pull off a deal. Maddison is understood to prefer a move to London ahead of a switch to the North-East for personal and family reasons, and with Saudi Sportswashing Machine reluctant to demolish their current wage structure this summer, Tottenham are also set to offer him a more lucrative weekly wage packet than the offer that would be on the table at St James’ Park.”
Just a local rag trying to rationalize why he’d prefer Spurs over Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Doesn’t their current wage structure include paying Gumeries 160k a week? Very much doubt we’re offering Maddison more than that!

Just a local rag trying to rationalize why he’d prefer Spurs over Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Doesn’t their current wage structure include paying Gumeries 160k a week? Very much doubt we’re offering Maddison more than that!
He also said they may get Kulu a week or so ago

I was talking to a Wolves fan about Kilman the other day. He reckons their defence has been a bit of a shambles - both Kilman and Collins were shaky, whilst they loaned out the guy who had been holding the outfit together (Coady) for non-footballing reasons. I used to rate Collins at Burnley.

I was talking to a Wolves fan about Kilman the other day. He reckons their defence has been a bit of a shambles - both Kilman and Collins were shaky, whilst they loaned out the guy who had been holding the outfit together (Coady) for non-footballing reasons. I used to rate Collins at Burnley.
Both him and Kilman are very good IMO
Their issue was what was in front of them and tactics

So I've just read that the people who own Saudi Sportswashing Machine also part own Chelsea via Clearlake Investment group and they also own 4 Saudi clubs, who'll be buying Chelsea players this summer.

All seems above board
Yes I was disappointed to hear that today as well.
Boehly had spent a huge amount of money, atrociously, and Cheatski were surely set to spiral downwards as they reaped what they sowed... they had 50 first teamers but no striker.
Next thing you know, they found a magic buyer who wants to buy all of their team for decent money and solve their huge problems... what a massive coincidence.
F**k Cheatski. Just when I thought they could stoop no lower.

Boehly had spent a huge amount of money, atrociously, and Cheatski were surely set to spiral downwards as they reaped what they sowed... they had 50 first teamers but no striker.
Next thing you know, they found a magic buyer who wants to buy all of their team for decent money and solve their huge problems... what a massive coincidence.

After the nuclear apocalypse, only roosterroaches and Chelski will remain.

He can not comment on it, you don't comment on office gossip

Southgate is the definition of a mediocre manager, yes he has improved the dressing room and engagement with the team but his favorites model of selection (Maguire & Sterling) and his absolute lack of tactical ability, how to affect games means England will be England, easy walk through qualifiers, get through group stage, with a little luck get deep in tournament and then go out meekly after failing to dominate an opponent.

The best defense of this guy is "he's a nice guy", so was Nuno ..
If only England put you in charge eh?…. We’d have 2 World Cups and European championships by now!

We should be able to offer him a more lucrative wage seeing as how our turnover is far higher than NUFCs…. It will likely take them about 2 to 3 years to catch up with out turnover via inflated in-house commercial deals.

Why on earth did you expect anything else? Both Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine will get around FFP rules in this way, I suspect Emirates Marketing Project will join them as well.

Does he play football manager too?

Back