• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Saudi clubs buying Ziyech and Ruben Neves? Pretty poor when players of their ages are sacrificing their careers for $$$. Similar to when people like Axel Witsel went to China at the peak of their careers.

The Saudis tried to buy golf and succeeded. Hard to see it working with football given the number of players needed and temperature in Suadi

Had no idea about that, surely far too many bunkers to make it playable?
Back on topic though, football is becoming a joke with clubs and players whoring themselves.

Saudi clubs buying Ziyech and Ruben Neves? Pretty poor when players of their ages are sacrificing their careers for $$$. Similar to when people like Axel Witsel went to China at the peak of their careers.

The Saudis tried to buy golf and succeeded. Hard to see it working with football given the number of players needed and temperature in Suadi
For a lot of footballers it is just a job. Also I suspect that Saudi has some pull for Muslim footballers (and there are lots of those). That’s why I suspect Saudi will establish itself far more as a destination for players than China did.

Yeh I get that but as someone highly respected I personally don't think saying the players all do it regardless is generally a soundbite worth making. We all know it happens, not sure it needs to be confirmed by the England manager jokingly or otherwise, it's kinda unhelpful
If we all know it happens then surely it doesn’t matter if somebody ‘confirms’ it?

If we all know it happens then surely it doesn’t matter if somebody ‘confirms’ it?

It doesn't and its not a major complaint, I just personally think as optics the England manager shouldn't be coming out saying he can't stop players tapping each other up.

Yeh maybe, I probably prefer the national manager to discourage it or at least create the illusion he is but like I say its not that big a deal, was a passing comment

It's basic professionalism, amazing that it's so hard for the figurehead of the national team to understand that.

It's basic professionalism, amazing that it's so hard for the figurehead of the national team to understand that.

You send your players on international duty in good faith, I just don't think the comment at worse is very helpful. Especially as he has moaned about managing in a window before and how it was an unhelpful distraction, can't have it all ways.

You send your players on international duty in good faith, I just don't think the comment at worse is very helpful. Especially as he has moaned about managing in a window before and how it was an unhelpful distraction, can't have it all ways.
WTF is he going to do?…. Ban the players from talking to each other?

There were massive club based cliques in the England team and squad for a few managers prior to Southgate and it told when it came to the performances, Southgate finally has England them operating as a decent, close-knit team.

WTF is he going to do?…. Ban the players from talking to each other?

There were massive club based cliques in the England team and squad for a few managers prior to Southgate and it told when it came to the performances, Southgate finally has England them operating as a decent, close-knit team.

He can not comment on it, you don't comment on office gossip

Southgate is the definition of a mediocre manager, yes he has improved the dressing room and engagement with the team but his favorites model of selection (Maguire & Sterling) and his absolute lack of tactical ability, how to affect games means England will be England, easy walk through qualifiers, get through group stage, with a little luck get deep in tournament and then go out meekly after failing to dominate an opponent.

The best defense of this guy is "he's a nice guy", so was Nuno ..

Had no idea about that, surely far too many bunkers to make it playable?
Back on topic though, football is becoming a joke with clubs and players whoring themselves.
The joke with football is what’s happening with Chelsea
They are owned by so many parties
One of them is Clearlake capital
Who are in turn mainly “funded” by the Saudi Government
Who also own Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Chelsea need to offload players so….
They are being sold to Saudi government owned teams
That clears some finance issues as one side and elevates the status on another
It’s wooden dollars

The joke with football is what’s happening with Chelsea
They are owned by so many parties
One of them is Clearlake capital
Who are in turn mainly “funded” by the Saudi Government
Who also own Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Chelsea need to offload players so….
They are being sold to Saudi government owned teams
That clears some finance issues as one side and elevates the status on another
It’s wooden dollars

If the PL had some ethics they’d ban petro dollar owners.

What happened with Newscastle was suspect too. The PL didn’t approve the new owners. Then goodness knows what happened behind closed doors, but it was approved suddenly and pushed through before anyone could make a fuss. That Saudi Arabia buy billions of our arms and invest heavily into our country was no doubt used as leverage. You can’t take billions for the latest fighter jets or ask them to bail out a faltering bank when it suits you, then deny them a mere football club.

If the PL had some ethics they’d ban petro dollar owners.

What happened with Newscastle was suspect too. The PL didn’t approve the new owners. Then goodness knows what happened behind closed doors, but it was approved suddenly and pushed through before anyone could make a fuss. That Saudi Arabia buy billions of our arms and invest heavily into our country was no doubt used as leverage. You can’t take billions for the latest fighter jets or ask them to bail out a faltering bank when it suits you, then deny them a mere football club.

Its a tactic that works, you basically create a network that then turns into a reliance and then you have leverage in the future. They knew the Russians were laundering money in the UK banking system, they knew that the money that certain figures had was from from illegal activities BUT if it props up industry then you end up having to weigh up the pros and cons. Do you sanction them knowing them pulling their money out will cause the collapse of deals and industry that will see 1000s of jobs go? Took a war for us to deal with Russia and that was probably as much international optics than anything.

There was talk of UK horse racing acting on the Sheikh Mohammed situation on kidnapping his own daughter and his wife etc but his money and operations here employ 1000s of people and he has diplomatic relations with the Royals, knowing if they acted he would pull the plug would cause a multi million pound hole in the industry which would see it collapse they did nothing. Money is power

"If you don't I will pull out my money"...........best bargaining tool anyone can have in this modern world, proven to work

He can not comment on it, you don't comment on office gossip

Southgate is the definition of a mediocre manager, yes he has improved the dressing room and engagement with the team but his favorites model of selection (Maguire & Sterling) and his absolute lack of tactical ability, how to affect games means England will be England, easy walk through qualifiers, get through group stage, with a little luck get deep in tournament and then go out meekly after failing to dominate an opponent.

The best defense of this guy is "he's a nice guy", so was Nuno ..

I think he has a duty to the clubs they effectively borrow the players from to say "Its not helpful, its distracting and we actively discourage it, its hard but we try and create an England culture", and thats not saying you tell players not to talk, its just a general framework like anything else you set out as standards to the players that you have no real control on. The throwing your hands up in the air to say "I can't do jack" is not great but alas, no one died.

Anyway we move on haha

Back