• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Haha, He is right, Foyth played well in that preseason and a lot of us on here were excited about his potential to be our right back that season.
I dont think he was ready in hindsight but he has gone on to do really well in Spain

I always liked the look of Foyth, but he never really got a sustained period of time playing, like so many other young players we've signed over the years - i don't know why we've even bothered signing some of these players when we've had managers who's never used them. :p

I always liked the look of Foyth, but he never really got a sustained period of time playing, like so many other young players we've signed over the years - i don't know why we've even bothered signing some of these players when we've had managers who's never used them. :p

I was going to say earlier that it hasn't helped with manager change overs especially with the last couple who have been about as youth friendly as a Jungle Gym in the Yemen

That just says he was willing to fight for his place, not much about expectations to be number 1, we had only just signed a 25m RB in Aurier so unlikely he would have been seen as #1.

But it's a great example of my initial point though, decent young RB spend a fortune on a new RB who we eventually was paid to leave and since gone through over 100m in RBs to settle and realise the original was probably the best.

We must have 200m of FBs and WBs on the books or near it currently

Aurier had been there 2 seasons and hadn't been doing great (his 3rd season was his best). Foyth had just starred at RB for Argentina in the Copa America. So it was pretty neck-and-neck at least.

It's hopefully a good lesson to keep faith with the likes of Sarr and Gil etc. now

If he was asked the question...

Yeh I get that but as someone highly respected I personally don't think saying the players all do it regardless is generally a soundbite worth making. We all know it happens, not sure it needs to be confirmed by the England manager jokingly or otherwise, it's kinda unhelpful

Exactly the sort of signing I expect us to make. Not a household name, under the radar etc

I don't think its as under the radar as imagined, I seem to remember Chelsea going hard for him in the Jan Blitz and having a fair bit of money knocked back for him. Obviously might not have been any truth in it but he has def been linked with big moves

Don't think there's any chance of us signing another LWF - it's probably the position we are strongest of all in with Son, Richarlison and Gil

So I've just read that the people who own Saudi Sportswashing Machine also part own Chelsea via Clearlake Investment group and they also own 4 Saudi clubs, who'll be buying Chelsea players this summer.

All seems above board

Utterly ridiculous.

I might be naive but it's one reason I can't get on board with the "if you can't beat them" idea

So I've just read that the people who own Saudi Sportswashing Machine also part own Chelsea via Clearlake Investment group and they also own 4 Saudi clubs, who'll be buying Chelsea players this summer.

All seems above board
They own most of Chelsea through Clearlake
But it’s an investment is it’s fine :mad:

Saudi clubs buying Ziyech and Ruben Neves? Pretty poor when players of their ages are sacrificing their careers for $$$. Similar to when people like Axel Witsel went to China at the peak of their careers.

The Saudis tried to buy golf and succeeded. Hard to see it working with football given the number of players needed and temperature in Suadi

Back