• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Same as Capoue, no superstar but a perfectly competent footballer.

Capoue had a brilliant start for us, would have been a star for us had he not taken that early injury ar Arsenal I think it was or soon after. He still went on to be decent. I would add Foyth to that, I still scratch my head at us letting him go after going out our way to bring him in and settle from SA, only to watch him to go on to be a high class operator in his role elsewhere.

Capoue had a brilliant start for us, would have been a star for us had he not taken that early injury ar Arsenal I think it was or soon after. He still went on to be decent. I would add Foyth to that, I still scratch my head at us letting him go after going out our way to bring him in and settle from SA, only to watch him to go on to be a high class operator in his role elsewhere.

He seems a solid full back now, did he ever play full back for us?

He seems a solid full back now, did he ever play full back for us?

A couple of times if memory serves, but could well be wrong. I remember he gave a couple of pens away as a raw young player and for that reason everyone went early in judgement.

Big, strong, quick and very good on the ball now. Barce in talks to negotiate a E60m deal for him this summer apparently

A couple of times if memory serves, but could well be wrong. I remember he gave a couple of pens away as a raw young player and for that reason everyone went early in judgement.

Big, strong, quick and very good on the ball now. Barce in talks to negotiate a E60m deal for him this summer apparently

Like you rightly said about Capoue before the injury at Woolwich, the same happened to Foyth.

He was starting games at right back in pre season and then iirc he got badly injured in the season opener at home to Villa.

Stambouli was looking half decent and was then bombed out after giving away a pen at Palace.

Like you rightly said about Capoue before the injury at Woolwich, the same happened to Foyth.

He was starting games at right back in pre season and then iirc he got badly injured in the season opener at home to Villa.

Stambouli was looking half decent and was then bombed out after giving away a pen at Palace.

Curse of the penalties...

He played full back vs Bournemouth and got sent off
He has played there 2/3 times
we never ever stuck with him

Capoue was a good player that didn't take his chance at spurs, I don't know where he was mentally when he came to England but perhaps the move was too much too soon. He went on to be a very competent player ... and obviously the twitterazi were on him with their usual drivel coining the name "crappoo" which was one of the first time got me thinking how stupid "fans" are.

Should have got more time and a run in the team ... he could have done a job for us.

Foyth had the tekkers but not the strength .... again perhaps a move too soon for him.

Mismanagement

Capoue was a good player that didn't take his chance at spurs, I don't know where he was mentally when he came to England but perhaps the move was too much too soon. He went on to be a very competent player ... and obviously the twitterazi were on him with their usual drivel coining the name "crappoo" which was one of the first time got me thinking how stupid "fans" are.

Should have got more time and a run in the team ... he could have done a job for us.

Foyth had the tekkers but not the strength .... again perhaps a move too soon for him.

Mismanagement
Maybe in the odd case there is an element of mismanagement. But players we sign that tend to be flops, go onto succeed abroad. I dont recall many of our flops going on to be a big hit in the Premier League. The pace and physical demands in this league mean you have to be a certain type of player to succeed, if you don't it doesn't mean you aren't a good player and can't go on to do well in a different part of Europe....

Maybe in the odd case there is an element of mismanagement. But players we sign that tend to be flops, go onto succeed abroad. I dont recall many of our flops going on to be a big hit in the Premier League. The pace and physical demands in this league mean you have to be a certain type of player to succeed, if you don't it doesn't mean you aren't a good player and can't go on to do well in a different part of Europe....

In some cases true, in others 10-15 games is never a great enough time to know. The whole season to adapt theory exists for a reason and without looking we have probably a bigger turnover of players from abroad without having a real look at them than anyone. Maybe being close to Spurs you feel the wastage exists more but I certainly think we have gone early on judgements on players who could have done highly capable jobs and replaced them, to replace them to replace them...

Fans don't help, I certainly didn't with Royal and he has proved me wrong but as a club we have gone 3 deep to replace him and thankfully seem to have be proved wrong and its worked out, doesn't always though and that's more luck than design or judgement.

The Spurs groan is certainly a thing and the barometer on players is often set from that early doors IMO

I always thought that Foyth was a very promising player, giving away two penaltys in his first game? made him a whipping boy for some of our fans and he never really got the chance to recover from that abuse. Glad to see he has gone on and shown how good he is as a player.

That just says he was willing to fight for his place, not much about expectations to be number 1, we had only just signed a 25m RB in Aurier so unlikely he would have been seen as #1.

But it's a great example of my initial point though, decent young RB spend a fortune on a new RB who we eventually was paid to leave and since gone through over 100m in RBs to settle and realise the original was probably the best.

We must have 200m of FBs and WBs on the books or near it currently

Back