• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Eze is a very very good player who is about to explode. A year or so and we won't be able to sign him, he is finding his feet.
I really liked Eze at QPR and was on here saying that we should sign him (might've even been the first to comment on him?). However I've not been particularly impressed by his progression at Palace. At present he is nowhere near as good as Maddison. He does have some great aspects but needs to speed up his game somewhat to go to the next level IMO. I think Olise (another I was advocating as a signing when he was still at Reading) is the better player of the two at Palace.

I really liked Eze at QPR and was on here saying that we should sign him (might've even been the first to comment on him?). However I've not been particularly impressed by his progression at Palace. At present he is nowhere near as good as Maddison. He does have some great aspects but needs to speed up his game somewhat to go to the next level IMO. I think Olise (another I was advocating as a signing when he was still at Reading) is the better player of the two at Palace.

Should have taken them both years ago just like we should have signed Maddison for £400k from coventry.

We seriously lost our way with identifying and signing the best young domestic talent over the last 5 to 10 years.

Separately is Eze really a viable Maddison alternative. Is he really the playmaker type we are looking for?

Should have taken them both years ago just like we should have signed Maddison for £400k from coventry.

We seriously lost our way with identifying and signing the best young domestic talent over the last 5 to 10 years.

Separately is Eze really a viable Maddison alternative. Is he really the playmaker type we are looking for?
They are very different players now imo
Eze isn’t a player make now, that’s Olise
Maddison is halfway between the two IMO

To expand further on my own post. At present I probably would'nt look at any of Maddison (as good as I think he is), Eze or even Olise to come in as our creative spark. I'd instead look to Southampton and try to get Carlos Alcarez. I reckon he'd be gettable for a max of £20m, would suit Postecoglou's tactics and could explode into an incredible player (he tore Arsenal to shreds in the first half of their 3-3 game this season).

Doing this should then leave enough funds to bring in Reya and a reasonable centre back (say Elvedi type level) as well as completing the deals for Porro and Kulu, assuming we manage to find buyers for some of our deadwood and can bring in at least £30m or so income from sales.

A good summer for me would be something like (on top of Porro and Kulu):
Reya
Elvedi (or Ibanez or revisiting a deal for Pau Torres might be worth it as a player that might fit a Postecoglou team?)
Salisu
Alcarez
A player like Alex Scott on top of those would be the icing on the cake (as I think he could be an excellent player in a year or two to play as one of two number 8 types).

That would set our team up for an improved season next year with the possibility of exploding a year or two afterwards (though we'd need to find a replacement for both Kane and likely Son a year later which will be very hard indeed).

If getting those players above then: Lloris, Tanganga, Regulion, Lo Celso and two of three out of Sanchez, Rodon and Dier would be the players I would sell/release. Ndombele can also go if we can generate any funds from a sale. Otherwise, we might as well keep him and see if he is any better playing for a front foot manager (as he was signed under and initially did quite well under).

I would also be tempted to sell Harry Kane this summer to generate funds and try to bring somebody in to replace him with maybe 50 or 60% of the funds generated from his sale. I know that the player coming in won't be anywhere near as good as Harry is but we otherwise have to try to replace him next summer without the funds he'll bring in to do so and it might also make sense to go through the transition now instead of a year's time. I'd probably go for somebody like Rasmus Hojlund as an option if we sold Kane. Richarlison would probably then be the first choice striker anyway I suppose if Harry went and that could allow time for a player like that to bed in.

I think we have to ensure we're looking medium to long term only this summer. The chairman needs to accept that we may well have another season outside of Europe (European qualification would be a mere bonus) but we're trying to build for something better than scraping 4th or 5th place in the years after that.

Last edited:
To expand further on my own post. At present I probably would'nt look at any of Maddison (as good as I think he is), Eze or even Olise to come in as our creative spark. I'd instead look to Southampton and try to get Carlos Alcarez. I reckon he'd be gettable for a max of £20m, would suit Postecoglou's tactics and could explode into an incredible player (he tore Arsenal to shreds in the first half of their 3-3 game this season).

Doing this should then leave enough funds to bring in Reya and a reasonable centre back (say Elvedi type level) as well as completing the deals for Porro and Kulu, assuming we manage to find buyers for some of our deadwood and can bring in at least £30m or so income from sales.

A good summer for me would be something like (on top of Porro and Kulu):
Reya
Elvedi (or Ibanez or revisiting a deal for Pau Torres might be worth it as a player that might fit a Postecoglou team?)
Salisu
Alcarez
A player like Alex Scott on top of those would be the icing on the cake (as I think he could be an excellent player in a year or two to play as one of two number 8 types).

That would set our team up for an improved season next year with the possibility of exploding a year or two afterwards (though we'd need to find a replacement for both Kane and likely Son a year later which will be very hard indeed).

If getting those players above then: Lloris, Tanganga, Regulion, Lo Celso and two of three out of Sanchez, Rodon and Dier would be the players I would sell/release. Ndombele can also go if we can generate any funds from a sale. Otherwise, we might as well keep him and see if he is any better playing for a front foot manager (as he was signed under and initially did quite well under).

I would also be tempted to sell Harry Kane this summer to generate funds and try to bring somebody in to replace him with maybe 50 or 60% of the funds generated from his sale. I know that the player coming in won't be anywhere near as good as Harry is but we otherwise have to try to replace him next summer without the funds he'll bring in to do so and it might also make sense to go through the transition now instead of a year's time. I'd probably go for somebody like Rasmus Hojlund as an option if we sold Kane. Richarlison would probably then be the first choice striker anyway I suppose if Harry went and that could allow time for a player like that to bed in.

I think we have to ensure we're looking medium to long term only this summer. The chairman needs to accept that we may well have another season outside of Europe (European qualification would be a mere bonus) but we're trying to build for something better than scraping 4th or 5th place in the years after that.

I agree with alot of this, I remember at the time on another thread we both touted Alcarez as potential and gettable. Eze and Olise' of the world would have been doable back in their original moves but they are going to be set up for huge moves and I don't think its an area where we particularly need 50/60m of investment....yet

I also agree on Kane, not that I am saying, sell, sell him now, but its def twist time for me on the basis I don't believe he is going to sign on and I don't see the long term benefit of keeping a player that good for another year outside the top 4, which is likely, only for him to leave on a free, for me its time to sell and reinvent and invest, that time is going to come eventually regardless

I agree with alot of this, I remember at the time on another thread we both touted Alcarez as potential and gettable. Eze and Olise' of the world would have been doable back in their original moves but they are going to be set up for huge moves and I don't think its an area where we particularly need 50/60m of investment....yet

I also agree on Kane, not that I am saying, sell, sell him now, but its def twist time for me on the basis I don't believe he is going to sign on and I don't see the long term benefit of keeping a player that good for another year outside the top 4, which is likely, only for him to leave on a free, for me its time to sell and reinvent and invest, that time is going to come eventually regardless
I actually don’t think Olise or eze will get the big moves as their fees will be higher than overseas equivalent

Why statto? The stats for maddison now blow Eze out of the water ... he dawdles far too long in the ball with little in terms of assisting or scoring ... honestly reminds me of a player like winks all steam with no product.

Well to start with he is a couple of years younger, his form last season was as good as any player ( including Maddison) and he looks like he is aware that he should not be wasting his talent, he has not always. But Stop! Hammer time as they say they are like arseholes ( everyone has got one).

Well to start with he is a couple of years younger, his form last season was as good as any player ( including Maddison) and he looks like he is aware that he should not be wasting his talent, he has not always. But Stop! Hammer time as they say they are like arseholes ( everyone has got one).

Different players. We need a Maddison type.

We've been linked with Connor Gallagher. He was quite good once, but haven't seen anything from him in ages.

Works hard , not good enough with the ball.

Honestly some of the bang average players we’ve been linked with is concerning.

Very good player, lots of talent, not sure where he would fit with Spurs, seems to play in the hole behind the front and have freedom, or at least did at Palace.

Back