• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

With bonuses kane is on £300k a week. We pay a big chunk in bonuses.
That still isn't to the same level as the top earners. Casimero is on that as his basic. Haaland is on 375pw basic before bonuses.

And tbh this is the first time I've seen a claim of
300k for Kane, I've always seen it reported from various sources including Sportac as 200k including bonuses. [emoji848]

I think you might have gotten your Kane figures a little confused. [emoji848]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I said nothing about whether he was worth the wage or not. To us yes he is.

My original point was disputing the fact that richarlison and ndombele were on small wages.
They aren't on small wages, but we do pay relatively less than our peers in the PL.

That still isn't to the same level as the top earners. Casimero is on that as his basic. Haaland is on 375pw basic before bonuses.

300k for Kane, I've always seen it reported from various sources including Sportac as 200k including bonuses. [emoji848]

Again
It’s an website with speculation as to what someone earns
I can find sites that say real wages for haaland are higher than what you have said
I can also find two articles from the BBC that had two different transfer fees on the same day for Macalister
In reality… it’s mainly speculation and guess work

Again
It’s an website with speculation as to what someone earns
I can find sites that say real wages for haaland are higher than what you have said
I can also find two articles from the BBC that had two different transfer fees on the same day for Macalister
In reality… it’s mainly speculation and guess work
Definitely. Just I've never seen Kane speculated as being at 300k PW.

I mainly just use the annual wage bills which although do not breakdown individual earnings do show the entire wage bill and ours is always significantly less than our peers hence I can state with certainty that on average we do not pay the same wages as the likes of Liverpool, United and Chelsea.

Even Arsenal until recently paid significantly more. I can't quite remember the last set of official figures so I can't recall if theirs was still higher than our own.

Anyone read any new transfer news today!? Haven't seen much other than the Raya/Maddison stuff. Would be interesting to know if Ange had his eyes on anyone we aren't aware of. There must have been players he considered at Celtic but couldn't attract due to wages, the league etc. I wonder if he recommended a few new targets or if we just showed him our list and he just reviewed and approved certain ones

Definitely. Just I've never seen Kane speculated as being at 300k PW.

I mainly just use the annual wage bills which although do not breakdown individual earnings do show the entire wage bill and ours is always significantly less than our peers hence I can state with certainty that on average we do not pay the same wages as the likes of Liverpool, United and Chelsea.

Even Arsenal until recently paid significantly more. I can't quite remember the last set of official figures so I can't recall if theirs was still higher than our own.

Arsenals was about £10m more
And the delta doubled to the next side
We don’t pay as much as those teams buy a lot of those teams are trying to get players wages down

here is one table but this is clearly speculative as it’s reduced arsenals wage bill by about £30m from the previous season

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...Sportswashing Machine-man-utd-city-liverpool/

Last edited:
A) Does anyone here actually know whether we tried to get him? As in, offered him a pre-contract for free agency?
B) Is the implication here that because we don't go for someone, they're not good enough?

At the end of the day, he might not be good enough. I'm not claiming he's the solution to all our problems but we did need an LCB and for me, he at least ticked the 'squad option' box... would've been better than having Lenglet IMO. Almost all transfers are a gamble. I would say if we had the power to get Gvardiol, that would be a mostly-sure thing but still some element of doubt as it's a new league.

In paragraph A should "whether" be replaced by "anything"?

Sportrac says his base is £200k a week (at the top). With bonuses £15m a year.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...enham-reportedly-agree-to-6-year-90m-contract

The answer to both is no
We don’t know if we went for him
We don’t know if he would suits anges plans
What we do know is he a decent to potentially very very good player on a free is it looks like a no brainer
We also don’t know any details of what he wanted to judge that side

All this.

I love the debates about targets and hearing people's opinions on players, it's the reason I come on here. My exception is not taken on that, it's people proclaiming we missed out as a statement of fact in order to moan on about whatever the moan is that week.

Of course there's a whole other world that we never see when it comes to agents and transfers. We can make some guesses, and we'd probably be more accurate than most of the trash ITKs out there, but I don't think we had much to lose so we should've been pushing hard for Ndicka (or pulling, I dunno).

And yes, this is all just discussion and debates. That's why I come here too, it's not an echo chamber and everyone seems to have differing (but not necessarily conflicting or wrong) opinions.

I would take Eze over Maddison every day.

Why statto? The stats for maddison now blow Eze out of the water ... he dawdles far too long in the ball with little in terms of assisting or scoring ... honestly reminds me of a player like winks all steam with no product.

Why statto? The stats for maddison now blow Eze out of the water ... he dawdles far too long in the ball with little in terms of assisting or scoring ... honestly reminds me of a player like winks all steam with no product.

Eze is a very very good player who is about to explode. A year or so and we won't be able to sign him, he is finding his feet.

Back