• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Maybe, just maybe he isn’t all that? Out of all the clubs he could have gone to, he goes to Roma? Liverpool, PSG, Barcelona are all after cb’s yet non of them decided to go for this superstar on a free and a low wage? Makes you wonder doesn’t it?

And people are using their own preferences to apply to Spurs, I get people are disappointed that this lads gone to Roma because they liked him but I'm reading stuff like we have been actively in for him and been kazumped at the last minute.

And people are using their own preferences to apply to Spurs, I get people are disappointed that this lads gone to Roma because they liked him but I'm reading stuff like we have been actively in for him and been kazumped at the last minute.
I’d hope we enquired
Maybe we didn’t value his salary at what he wanted
And maybe we have other preferences too

I’d hope we enquired
Maybe we didn’t value his salary at what he wanted
And maybe we have other preferences too

Yeh but there is nothing anywhere that suggests we did. There always seems to be a focus in on certain players like there is no world of football outside them, it's why people mentioned Coutinho, Dybala and Eriksen every transfer window for the last 5 years and then express displeasure when low and behold deals don't come off for them.

Big old world of football out there....

Yeh but there is nothing anywhere that suggests we did. There always seems to be a focus in on certain players like there is no world of football outside them, it's why people mentioned Coutinho, Dybala and Eriksen every transfer window for the last 5 years and then express displeasure when low and behold deals don't come off for them.

Big old world of football out there....
And then they use it as an excuse in their pathetic arguments about Levy.

Does anyone really know when the Ndicka deal happened? For all we know, he decided to go to Roma months ago. IMO, this is a pretty big failure on the club's part. If they have some other target that they go for, then that's fine and a valid excuse, but I don't have much faith in our transfer team at the moment.

Does anyone really know when the Ndicka deal happened? For all we know, he decided to go to Roma months ago. IMO, this is a pretty big failure on the club's part. If they have some other target that they go for, then that's fine and a valid excuse, but I don't have much faith in our transfer team at the moment.
So not going for a player we obviously didn’t think would fit our team is a failure? I’m sure if you lot were in charge we would be doing a Chelsea and signing 600 players.

Roma just reached a Euro final and qualified for Europe via the league.
It's not a missed opportunity. It was unlikely to be an option.

We are not at that table anymore. We are at the Victor Nelson type table and need to get back to the Roma table next season. Smart signings that are a bit less high profile is what we need.

Nelson from a lower league stepping up.
Raya stepping up in the PL.
Etc.

Pre contract in jan. We were at the table then.

So not going for a player we obviously didn’t think would fit our team is a failure? I’m sure if you lot were in charge we would be doing a Chelsea and signing 600 players.
the-big-lebowski-thats-like-your-opinion-man.gif

Just as I stated I had an opinion too. But how is it obvious that Ndicka wouldn't fit our team? What evidence do you have from the club that that is the case?
As for the Chelsea approach, that's more or less the Football Manager shotgun strategy of scooping up every prospect and hoping one or two of them come good per position. But again, we're just talking about one player here... not 600.

the-big-lebowski-thats-like-your-opinion-man.gif

Just as I stated I had an opinion too. But how is it obvious that Ndicka wouldn't fit our team? What evidence do you have from the club that that is the case?
As for the Chelsea approach, that's more or less the Football Manager shotgun strategy of scooping up every prospect and hoping one or two of them come good per position. But again, we're just talking about one player here... not 600.
The fact we didn’t go in for him is an obvious indication is it not?

They are on huge wages. As much as any player in serie a. Our wage structure isn't an issue. It's who we pay those wages to and getting bang for our buck.
Not strictly speaking true. We still do not pay on average the same wages as the other teams in the big 6. So if it comes down to a straight shootout between ourselves and say Liverpool or United, both have the capacity to offer higher wages and of course a willingness and acceptence of doing so. Kane might well be on 200k a week but that's no longer what the top earners are on these days.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Maybe, just maybe he isn’t all that? Out of all the clubs he could have gone to, he goes to Roma? Liverpool, PSG, Barcelona are all after cb’s yet non of them decided to go for this superstar on a free and a low wage? Makes you wonder doesn’t it?
I'm a bit confused by this. If he had instead joined us the exact thing you said would apply. Why didn't any of the European giants go for him instead of Spurs?

Besides those clubs don't snap up every talented player, they also sometimes make mistakes or miss opportunities. That level of club are often willing to let a player prove themselves at a higher level and then come in and sign them once they are completely proven. We can not and will not do this.

Not strictly speaking true. We still do not pay on average the same wages as the other teams in the big 6. So if it comes down to a straight shootout between ourselves and say Liverpool or United, both have the capacity to offer higher wages and of course a willingness and acceptence of doing so. Kane might well be on 200k a week but that's no longer what the top earners are on these days.

With bonuses kane is on £300k a week. We pay a big chunk in bonuses.

The fact we didn’t go in for him is an obvious indication is it not?
A) Does anyone here actually know whether we tried to get him? As in, offered him a pre-contract for free agency?
B) Is the implication here that because we don't go for someone, they're not good enough?

At the end of the day, he might not be good enough. I'm not claiming he's the solution to all our problems but we did need an LCB and for me, he at least ticked the 'squad option' box... would've been better than having Lenglet IMO. Almost all transfers are a gamble. I would say if we had the power to get Gvardiol, that would be a mostly-sure thing but still some element of doubt as it's a new league.

True
Most are on less
Most clubs have cut wages

A) Does anyone here actually know whether we tried to get him? As in, offered him a pre-contract for free agency?
B) Is the implication here that because we don't go for someone, they're not good enough?

At the end of the day, he might not be good enough. I'm not claiming he's the solution to all our problems but we did need an LCB and for me, he at least ticked the 'squad option' box... would've been better than having Lenglet IMO. Almost all transfers are a gamble. I would say if we had the power to get Gvardiol, that would be a mostly-sure thing but still some element of doubt as it's a new league.
The answer to both is no
We don’t know if we went for him
We don’t know if he would suits anges plans
What we do know is he a decent to potentially very very good player on a free is it looks like a no brainer
We also don’t know any details of what he wanted to judge that side

The answer to both is no
We don’t know if we went for him
We don’t know if he would suits anges plans
What we do know is he a decent to potentially very very good player on a free is it looks like a no brainer
We also don’t know any details of what he wanted to judge that side

All this.

I love the debates about targets and hearing people's opinions on players, it's the reason I come on here. My exception is not taken on that, it's people proclaiming we missed out as a statement of fact in order to moan on about whatever the moan is that week.

I said nothing about whether he was worth the wage or not. To us yes he is.

My original point was disputing the fact that richarlison and ndombele were on small wages.

My post wasn't questioning you mate, I was agreeing and backing up your point

Back