• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham v Man U OMT***

I missed the first goal and just seen it on motd , dear oh dear oh dear , it's laughable.
Relegation fodder like Forest wouldn't make that many mistakes.
Kanes terrible header, Sons pathetic bottle job of a ball that was his , Diers hapless chest down.
Embarrassing.

Our team was pinned back and the front 2 cut adrift, whenever the ball made it to them they were surrounded by United players with no out ball/support - it was clear as day. What they did with the scraps they were feeding off was by the by.
They got a hopeful ball pinged at them
When it was lost it came straight back at us
Where was the support FFS

I`ve said it so many times before but it is our transfer policy that kills us. We spend big money on on players we get excited about, I`m talking about the Ndombele Richarlison etc, then the rest are 20-30 mil players from teams that are lower than us in the league or "up and coming youngsters" and how many of them have come good in the last 20 years. What players from our academy have gone on to be regular first team players.
It grieves me to say it but the scum have got it spot on. Who laughed when they appointed Arteta. But they stuck by him even when results were bad and over the course of time he has been there they have gradually got rid of the dead wood, the board has bought in the players the manager wanted, and they look half decent. infuriatingly they have also won a couple of trophies.
I will be amazed if Conte is still in charge next season. I thought once we were in the new stadium and the increased revenue it brings in from multiple sources we really would challenge the big spenders. I know its not just transfer fees but wages that bring in top players For example look what we paid for Richi and what Emirates Marketing Project paid for Haaland but the latter is probably on 5 times the wages.
Take Perisic for example you can see what a great player he has been but we get him when he is well past his prime. Same can be said over the years the likes of Edgar Davids top class player in his prime but comes to us in the twilight of his career.
When are we going to stop buying players like Regullion and Moura and actually go for real top players?
Teams like Real and PSG etc dont let players go for 20-30 million if they have any chance of being regular first teamers.
Anyway thats enough of my rant onwards and upwards hopefully

As utterly brick as we were, I was very impressed by them. Thought particularly between their CBs and CMs, they absolutely dominated us and managed us brilliantly. If I was a United fan, I’d be a very happy camper tonight.
Theh said the same after arsenal
As I’ve said before… no big 6 side has won away at another yet
We’re the only ones to take any points of one away
Theh are at Chelsea this weekend so we will see
Imagine united with a proper striker though

Our support in Contes system appears to be 8 defenders & a goalkeeper
I just don’t buy that
We have seen his teams attack with numbers
We have seen his teams pass through teams
But tonight was gash, woeful and weak
A lot do that was on him with his lack of urgency to change things

I just don’t buy that

In games like tonight, away to tough opposition it's pretty much been as described

Look at peh position in each of those goals.
I mean what the actual f u c k.
Since he got here I've tried to not say too much because a lot of people seem to think he is great, well I'm sorry but i just don't see it, his positioning is awful and his reaction and covering is awful.

The worrying thing is not that a lot of people on here think he's great but that our manager thinks he is too !

I`ve said it so many times before but it is our transfer policy that kills us. We spend big money on on players we get excited about, I`m talking about the Ndombele Richarlison etc, then the rest are 20-30 mil players from teams that are lower than us in the league or "up and coming youngsters" and how many of them have come good in the last 20 years. What players from our academy have gone on to be regular first team players.
It grieves me to say it but the scum have got it spot on. Who laughed when they appointed Arteta. But they stuck by him even when results were bad and over the course of time he has been there they have gradually got rid of the dead wood, the board has bought in the players the manager wanted, and they look half decent. infuriatingly they have also won a couple of trophies.
I will be amazed if Conte is still in charge next season. I thought once we were in the new stadium and the increased revenue it brings in from multiple sources we really would challenge the big spenders. I know its not just transfer fees but wages that bring in top players For example look what we paid for Richi and what Emirates Marketing Project paid for Haaland but the latter is probably on 5 times the wages.
Take Perisic for example you can see what a great player he has been but we get him when he is well past his prime. Same can be said over the years the likes of Edgar Davids top class player in his prime but comes to us in the twilight of his career.
When are we going to stop buying players like Regullion and Moura and actually go for real top players?
Teams like Real and PSG etc dont let players go for 20-30 million if they have any chance of being regular first teamers.
Anyway thats enough of my rant onwards and upwards hopefully

There are always exceptions to your rule like Kulusevski. Plus look at our record signings, by in large they are our worst signings. What we need is to identify the player that is required to play a set position in a set style and then target the RIGHT player.

I just don’t buy that
We've passed through the empty space in the transition but never against a settled defence. Fair enough that's our game plan, play for the transition but we don't force the turnover like under early Poch or Klopp's gegenpress. We wait for a mistake from the opposition. If the opposition don't make the mistake like United tonight we haven't got a plan.

Conversely United played us perfectly, very much like Chelsea and Arsenal. Press high but let the defenders have the ball, let them try to play out from the back which is a shambles. Lloris, Dier and Davies are incapable of this. Wait for the brick pass, gobble it up and hit quickly. 3 at the back will become 5, forcing the the 3 CMs to drop in to try and receive the ball. None are particularly good with their back to goal or under the press, so the ball just ends up going back to the defenders. Rinse and repeat until United manage to steal it and get a shot off.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We've passed through the empty space in the transition but never against a settled defence. Fair enough that's our game plan, play for the transition but we don't force the turnover like under early Poch or Klopp's gegenpress. We wait for a mistake from the opposition. If the opposition don't make the mistake like United tonight we haven't got a plan.

Conversely United played us perfectly, very much like Chelsea and Arsenal. Press high but let the defenders have the ball, let them try to play out from the back which is a shambles. Lloris, Dier and Davies are incapable of this. Wait for the brick pass, gobble it up and hit quickly. 3 at the back will become 5, forcing the the 3 CMs to drop in to try and receive the ball. None are particularly good with their back to goal or under the press, so the ball just ends up going back to the defenders. Rinse and repeat until United manage to steal it and get a shot off.

Agree with most of this except Bentancur is good on the ball even under pressure facing our goal. The other two often just knock it back instinctively even if they have space to turn on the ball.

Agree with most of this except Bentancur is good on the ball even under pressure facing our goal. The other two often just knock it back instinctively even if they have space to turn on the ball.
I do rate Bentancur as the best of the 3 and the one with the by far the best use of the ball but he's not consistently accurate often enough. I'd argue alongside (especially in a 352) another more progressive passer or a player good under the press that his best qualities will show through more but right now he's more of the same. We have 3 identikit players who don't cover enough attributes sadly.

We cut through arsenal very easily
We should have gone in a goal up at least
Today we didn’t do it more than once from memory

I do rate Bentancur as the best of the 3 and the one with the by far the best use of the ball but he's not consistently accurate often enough. I'd argue alongside (especially in a 352) another more progressive passer or a player good under the press that his best qualities will show through more but right now he's more of the same. We have 3 identikit players who don't cover enough attributes sadly.

That’s the kicker
They are all very similar and Skipp is too
Can work in a 3-4-3 because we have an extra attacker
Can work in a more aggressive 3-5-2 but it had to be spot on, not feeble

As utterly brick as we were, I was very impressed by them. Thought particularly between their CBs and CMs, they absolutely dominated us and managed us brilliantly. If I was a United fan, I’d be a very happy camper tonight.
Ten Hag has made a difference quite quickly. He was the man I wanted when we binned Mourinho but he wasn’t impressed with our project back then. We eventually got Conte, which allowed us to overachieve last season but I would’ve preferred a manager who plays more attractive football.

I think on reflection that this isnt as bad a result because a loss is a loss, our play didn't deserve anything more. But the real test will be at home when last season we capitulated against manu, leading us to kick out Nuno and get Conte in.

With this group we won't be a dominating, all conquering force against the other top teams playing away, but we should at least not lose. Two losses now and chavs down our necks...

We need to get our momentum back immediately.

Back