• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

^^^ This, for some time now, Spurs struggles to be a good defensive unit, good defenders, but not a good defense

- In Lloris, Walker, Vert, Kaboul, Vlad and yes Dawson (Rose for me needs upgrading immediately), with Sandro in front we have the potential for a very good defense.
- It's tactics, positioning and coaching of that "unit" that we need to work on
- If that's not TS's strong point, maybe he should hire someone to work on that area for the team.

for some time now?
HOw long have we NOT been a good defensive unit?

for some time now?

I am broadly supportive of Sherwood AS but I do think he has neglected the defensive side of the game since being in charge. That and the fact we are so often slow out of the blocks are my 2 main criticisms in what has generally been a very good period.

Another positive - other teams already banking up games.

Scum vs Swansea(h)
Everton vs Palace (h), Newkies (a)
Liverpond vs Sunderland (h)
Emirates Marketing Project vs Sun (h), Man U (a), Villa (h)

Only one I've found wit a rearranged date s the Manc derby on a Tuesday after easy Saturday games

Poor old Sunderand also have a home game against WBA.

Very important we bank our points while others sit out to build up pressure on them.

I am broadly supportive of Sherwood AS but I do think he has neglected the defensive side of the game since being in charge. That and the fact we are so often slow out of the blocks are my 2 main criticisms in what has generally been a very good period.

i agree totally

am just wondering if raziel means like over the course of years......? People have suggested that we havent been a good defensive unit over the years:~...i find that incredibly odd and unfair to some really stout defensive teams we had

for some time now?

Perhaps we've been biased by the absolute quality we had in King and just how good the King-Woodgate partnership was when we ever so occasionally could field it.

Perhaps we've been further biased by producing and signing some outstanding attacking players in recent years, from Berbatov to Modric to Bale. Carrick was top class and a "defensive midfielder", but one that was quality on the ball and not a purely defensive player.

Biased or not, but for me our defensive players have been a level behind. And I think it's telling that although AVB made us solid it came at a real attacking cost. We needed Bale wonder goals in a few too many games last season and although we were top 5/6 under AVB this season it was with a goal difference hovering around 0.

Now I think Lloris, Vertongen and Sandro are looking true quality, Walker is making the step up and I rate Kaboul. But the rest of the back 4 is unproven at best.

Anger and aggression are no substitute for knowledge. If you'd like some help with the knowledge part, let me know. I'll step you through it as best I can.

You do realise that everything we see/understand is based on assumptions right? What we 'see' is just an assumption based on a small amount of vision and our brains making up the rest. Assumptions just make incredibly complex chains of events manageable by human brains (or even computers for that matter). Assumptions (especially over larger data sets) are perfectly valid, if you'd like to know more about why they're applicable I point you back to my reading list a page or so back.

Thanks for the compliment but I'm far from hyper intelligent. A polymath at best.

Just because you don't get it, it doesn't make it bull****. I'm not offering reading lists to patronise people, I'm doing so to open their minds. Of course we could all just stick our heads in the sand and pretend that none of the ideas that challenge our old ways of thinking exist, but it won't make them go away and it certainly won't make them any less correct.

Funny you mention Saudi Sportswashing Machine because they're the perfect example of the PDO deviation between AVB and Timmeh. Two very similar performances, both of which should have seen us comfortable winners. Factors out of our control meant that we lost one and won the other.

You can try and be patronising all you like, but it won't work. 95% of this forum think you're an idiot when you spout this bull****. Not because they don't understand it, I thinks we all get it, we're just not fools into blindly believing such bull****. Tell me, do you believe in GHod too? And not believe in evolution? And think the earth is less than 10,000 years old?

And I'm angry and knowledgable. Incredible combination :)

You can try and be patronising all you like, but it won't work. 95% of this forum think you're an idiot when you spout this bull****. Not because they don't understand it, I thinks we all get it, we're just not fools into blindly believing such bull****. Tell me, do you believe in GHod too? And not believe in evolution? And think the earth is less than 10,000 years old?

And I'm angry and knowledgable. Incredible combination :)

Strange view where being patronizing is a bad thing, but calling someone's opinion bull**** and claiming that 95% of posters thinks those opinions makes him look like an idiot is fine?

I don't agree with everything Scara is saying on these topics, but if I had to play "guess the creationist" based on style of argument you would be way ahead of him on the list.

You can try and be patronising all you like, but it won't work.

That's an interesting, if somewhat bewildering, interpretation of a post in which I dedicated a whole paragraph to explaining that I'm not trying to be patronising. Maybe it's not randomness that you haven't grasped, maybe it's a comprehension issue. I think that rereading a post once or twice before responding might be a good start, or you can always ask what the intention of a post is if you can't pick it up from the text.

95% of this forum think you're an idiot when you spout this bull****.

Then I must be doing a pretty good job as the average level of understanding of randomness and statistics is well below 5%.

Not because they don't understand it, I thinks we all get it, we're just not fools into blindly believing such bull****.

Do you have an alternative theory or is it just bull**** because you don't like it? Is it scary? Is that the problem?

It not uncommon for people to fear a groundbreaking change in their understanding of things they thought were explained. You should have seen how some of the scientific community reacted to quantum mechanics!

Tell me, do you believe in GHod too? And not believe in evolution? And think the earth is less than 10,000 years old?

Funny you should mention religion. We have a group (a majority even) of people who blindly believe in something and are refusing to see/understand/correctly interpret all the evidence being presented to them, getting angry/scared/frustrated that they've spent so long believing something that turns out to be wrong. Then you have another group of people who have discovered evidence (
http://m.dictionary.com/definition/evidence) to disprove what has been believed for a long time.

Do you want to rethink your analogy?

And I'm angry

Clearly

and knowledgable.

I'd like to believe that, I really would. You just keep doing such a good job of convincing me otherwise.

I think the defensive problems have been there for awhile. I think it was Sherrif away under AVB, they had a lot of 1 on 1 chances and should have punished us. They didn't and we won 2-0. It was a bit like the Palace game under Sherwood, which we also won but got a clean sheet that we didn't deserve. Both managers took a hammering against City, and AVB has had more games so took a couple of extra beatings along with it.

In attack, we have improved under Sherwood, mainly because he picks Adebayor and seems intent on getting more players into the box when we attack.

Results wise, in the league, Sherwood has done well. Performances, a mixed bag. Still in the wait and see phase.

We have a group (a majority even) of people who blindly believe in something and are refusing to see/understand/correctly interpret all the evidence being presented to them, getting angry/scared/frustrated that they've spent so long believing something that turns out to be wrong.

Are you still talking about religion here, or are you referring to those Spurs fans who put their blind faith in AVB and who still claim we were better under him than Sherwood, despite the evidence in front of their eyes?

Sent from my iPod touch using Fapatalk

I think the defensive problems have been there for awhile. I think it was Sherrif away under AVB, they had a lot of 1 on 1 chances and should have punished us. They didn't and we won 2-0. It was a bit like the Palace game under Sherwood, which we also won but got a clean sheet that we didn't deserve. Both managers took a hammering against City, and AVB has had more games so took a couple of extra beatings along with it.

In attack, we have improved under Sherwood, mainly because he picks Adebayor and seems intent on getting more players into the box when we attack.

Results wise, in the league, Sherwood has done well. Performances, a mixed bag. Still in the wait and see phase.

I have to agree with this post as being fair and reasonable.

Are you still talking about religion here, or are you referring to those Spurs fans who put their blind faith in AVB and who still claim we were better under him than Sherwood, despite the evidence in front of their eyes?

Yeah but what about PDO huh?

Back