• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Sherwood Out!

You really should have watched the match.

Other than our very well-worked goal we created very little, didn't trouble their keeper and had a bunch of snapshots from outside the box. Sound familiar?

Second half i think we played ok...and btw the sky sports commentary of the game disagrees with what you just said.

Either way if that was the case then yes...it's similar to AVB. I don't remember you once mentioning this when he was manager though, that's the thing. I'm happy you're saying it now though.

Oh, and after going 100mph for the first 20 mins our players looked off the pace - shame there isn't a way around that... ;)

Yeah, you'd think a team that has rested with the ball for most parts of the season so far would've had a bit more stamina. ;)

Just makes all the tactical changes seem even more ridiculous. Today should have been about grinding out a win, not some silly attempt at showing up AVB.

I don't want to judge the man on one game. At least he has a couple of sessions with the players before Sunday. I hope that it is used to develop something resembling a game plan.

What did AVB figure out? he's started Dawson and made him club captain, he started Townsend until recently and only dropped him recently because of burn out (or eventually burning out)..ok Defoe i give you.

I do agree with your point though. I don't think Sherwood is the right man and i'm scared he'll play Defoe a lot more...but i have hope he won't play Paulinho as much who lets face it...avb had full on boners for.

He eventually had to play Dawson because of injuries and never got the chance to put together a first choice CB pairing. He's club captain simply because he's been here the longest.

Townsend only started this season in the team because Lennon was injured and Lamela not deemed ready. He then stayed in the team due to the hype around his England performances. With Chadli and Lennon back he was out again and as soon as Lamela starts producing he'll struggle to make the bench. Townsend has some skill, but he isn't very good at playing football. It's a team game and I have serious doubts he'll make it with us.

Second half i think we played ok...and btw the sky sports commentary of the game disagrees with what you just said.

Either way if that was the case then yes...it's similar to AVB. I don't remember you once mentioning this when he was manager though, that's the thing. I'm happy you're saying it now though.

Seriously, watch the first half - we go hammer and tongs at them for 20mins but I don't remember their keeper making a save. After that, it much happens.

I actually don't mind not attacking flat out for 90mins - there's nothing wrong with that as long as there's a plan behind it.

Tonight it didn't seem like there was a plan, but maybe that's just because I find it hard to imagine Sherwood even spelling plan.

There was plenty of endeavour tonight, but I have to agree with Scara.

Our defence was weak, but we managed to mask/shield it for 70 odd minutes, due mainly in part to the fact that we were playing 442.

At 1 nil, Sherwood bottled it and decided to switch to 451, therefore exposing our weakest department to a more direct onslaught by a team who we had given some belief too. Indeed, it was only the thickness of the crossbar which prevented greater humiliation.

The OP states Sherwood out! I think there is something rotten in the boardroom at WHL and we dispensed with the wrong person at the start of the week?

Sherwood managed this game like it was an under 18 game. He did not do a thing wrong..but everything he did was wrong.

Football is like life-it does not make sense.

He eventually had to play Dawson because of injuries and never got the chance to put together a first choice CB pairing. He's club captain simply because he's been here the longest.

Townsend only started this season in the team because Lennon was injured and Lamela not deemed ready. He then stayed in the team due to the hype around his England performances. With Chadli and Lennon back he was out again and as soon as Lamela starts producing he'll struggle to make the bench. Townsend has some skill, but he isn't very good at playing football. It's a team game and I have serious doubts he'll make it with us.

No Jordinho...Townsend didn't stay in the team due to the hype around his England performances...he stayed in the team because he put in some MOTM performances. As i've posted before

1) Chelsea = Our best player
2) Arsenal = Our best player
3)Aston villa = Our best player
4) Hull = Our best player

Absolutely loved tonight - we looked like a pub side. A complete farce.

One down, one to go on Sherwood's reign then. Hope Southampton hammer us on Sunday to put us all out of our misery.

No Jordinho...Townsend didn't stay in the team due to the hype around his England performances...he stayed in the team because he put in some MOTM performances. As i've posted before

I posted this in the OMT but once more won't hurt. Townsend Prem stats this season are:

Played - 10 (4)
Shots - 46
Goals - 1
Assists - 0

He's good at running through.

As one of the attacking 3 in our team, he's a bit lacking in goals/assists in those matches wouldn't you say? Especially for MOTM performances.

Absolutely loved tonight - we looked like a pub side. A complete farce.

One down, one to go on Sherwood's reign then. Hope Southampton hammer us on Sunday to put us all out of our misery.

I don't want Soton to hammer us. What useful purpose would that serve?

I posted this in the OMT but once more won't hurt. Townsend Prem stats this season are:

Played - 10 (4)
Shots - 46
Goals - 1
Assists - 0

Stats don't tell everything and besides i don't really pay attention to what people post when a players in bad form or not in the team. They tend to re write history in order to suit their argument...a more accurate way to assess a players performance imo is

A) Watch the game again
B) Go back to thread just after a game (ie match thread etc etc) to see the general consensus and what people actually think.
C) See what the impartial 'fan' or media though or wrote up.

I did that and yep he was MOTM in those games listed.

As one of the attacking 3 in our team, he's a bit lacking in goals/assists in those matches wouldn't you say? Especially for MOTM performances.

He tore Cheslki a new arsehole in the first half..he set up chances and we missed. He's the only player that showed up against Gooners...yes he took some pot shots but the rest of the team did didly squat. Against Hull he's the only one that showed up again and against Villa another good performance and a goal.

Force Levy into getting us a proper manager. Otherwise we're repeating 2003/4 all over again.

A proper manager? You mean like AVB?

Allardyce is a proper manager.

Billy Nick was not a proper manager when he took over.

Fat Sam actually asked the question tonight before the game about Sherwood.

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce accepts you probably have to be "crazy" to want to be a football manager, but there is no other job he would rather have.

To be honest our defence is in tatters right now, so I can't be too harsh on them. The midfield and our movement in the final third is where it is going wrong for us and I don't think a 442 with the players we have is the right move. As people kept saying about AVB being rigid with his system and how he had to tailor it to what players he has, so does Sherwood. Right now we lack creativity and playing a 442 little and large combination is not going to change it, just mask it with decent interplay between the two frontmen.

Played - 10 (4)
Shots - 46
Goals - 1
Assists - 0

And if you compare his start in a Spurs shirt to the start of Gareth Bale how does he stack up (I know he's older than Bale was when he joined us)? I have said this about several players today but Townsend is young and inexperienced. Give him some more games and see how he develops. At least he runs at the opposition and stretches them. Plus, do your stats say how many of his crosses resulted in decent chances?

He struck me as incredibly naive tbh. He wanted to blow them out the park and if we'd got an early goal then maybe. But we ran out of steam.

Townsend seems to have gone backwards a bit since his England performances. When he started this season he was looking good running at people, beating a man and playing a pass. His shooting was a problem and it looked like he was starting to shoot less and less, then in those two England performances he scored a great goal and crashed one off the cross bar. It re affirmed his belief in his skills and more shooting followed. AVB dropped him for a few weeks and now he acts like he's playing for his place. Even vs Anzhi the other night, he took every oppurtunity he could to run at their defence even if it didn't lead to much, which annoyed his team mates a fair amount at times (Lamela and Erkisen were often in good positions to receive a pass. The lad needs to calm down and just stick to beating a man and getting his head up, playing a pass and then moving into another dangerous position, the tools are there but right now he's trying to beat everyone.

Back