• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Sherwood Out!

Still backing them 100% so many fickle fans. Take away Defoe and replace him with Soldado and most would say it was a good team. He has had 2 days for **** sake.

Still backing them 100% so many fickle fans. Take away Defoe and replace him with Soldado and most would say it was a good team. He has had 2 days for **** sake.

It's not fickle to not support him from the beginning - that's principled.

What. A. Mess.

Tim Sherwood unsure if he in charge for Tottenham's game on Sunday
David Hytner at White Hart Lane

Tim Sherwood says it would be good to get the manager's position at Tottenham 'resolved for the football club’s sake and the players''. Photograph: Paul Gilham/Getty Images

Tim Sherwood reflected the sense of chaos and upheaval at Tottenham Hotspur when he said that he did not know whether he would take charge of the team at Southampton on Sunday, after his managerial debut ended in a 2-1 Capital One Cup quarter-final defeat by West Ham United.

The club's youth co-ordinator, who was elevated on Monday morning to the post of caretaker manager after André Villas-Boas's sacking, said he would love to be considered for the position on a permanent basis.

The club is casting for a big-name appointment, with Frank de Boer of Ajax prominent on their wish-list. De Boer would be loth to leave Ajax before the end of the season, as they chase a fourth consecutive league title, and many of Tottenham's other targets are in similar situations. Sherwood, though, admitted that his club have to act decisively.

"The players are professional enough to get on with it and I've just tried to steady the ship," Sherwood said. "There's obviously upheaval when your manager leaves ... you've been used to him and his voice. It's a new voice now. It would be good to get it resolved for the football club's sake and the players'."

Sherwood said he took a call from the chairman, Daniel Levy, on Monday at 10.15am and it set in motion what has been a whirlwind few days. "He asked me to take the first-team training, which I did, and here we are now," Sherwood said. "The future beyond that ... I need to have a chat with the chairman and see what they're thinking. I don't know, to be honest. The immediate future is up in the air, that's as much as I know. Do I know about Southampton? No.

"It's been different, it's madness, really. I'm not used to sleeping two hours at night. I'm waking up thinking about footballers. I said the other day, I slept like a baby – I woke up crying four times in the middle of the night.

"I'm up for a challenge, I always have been. I'm very opinionated. I know a certain way that I need to play. I think I can manage men, deal with them, be honest with them. The decision that's going on is out of my hands unfortunately. I've got to be in the frame but it's not my decision."

Sherwood changed the team's style from that of Villas-Boas, playing with two strikers and a higher tempo. But they flagged in the final 20 minutes which, in part, allowed West Ham to come back to win. Sherwood suggested the players were not fit enough to play in that style.

"I think, to be honest, they ran out of a bit of steam," he said. "I think they are fit enough to play a certain way but I wanted to change the way we wanted to play.

"The problem we had was giving the ball away. There was a period after we scored [in the 67th minute] when we were turning over possession and it's impossible to rest when you are out of possession. You need to rest on the ball and they need to recognise when is the right time to do that. I don't think they did that well enough, and that encouraged West Ham.

"I think they are fit enough but to play a certain way ... When it's a complete change of mindset of how I asked them to play – I asked them to go a bit more gung-ho, and up and at them. You need to acclimatise to that."

Sherwood described the defeat as a major disappointment and said that everybody in the dressing room was "sick". But for Sam Allardyce and West Ham, it was a night of glory, with the club's two late goals setting up a semi-final against Emirates Marketing Project. They had won at White Hart Lane in the Premier League on 6 October.

"It's a brilliant effort from the squad and a great night for the fans," Allardyce said. "It's twice on the trot now and I know how much it means to them. It was a case of exploiting the spaces Tottenham left when they got 1-0 up.

"I thought they might have sat back and protected that, but they didn't. They went for the second… and we started exploiting the spaces that were left."

Was it our fans singing "Sacked in the morning?"

If so, maybe we can make that our song - our equivalent of "You'll never walk alone"

Was it our fans singing "Sacked in the morning?"

If so, maybe we can make that our song - our equivalent of "You'll never walk alone"

:ross:

Can just see it now:

Interviewer: Mr Guardiola, why did you decide to take the Tottenham job?
Guardiola: Well those mainly those nights at White Hart Lane where you walk out the tunnel and hear a chorus of "sacked in the morning" coming from the Spurs fans. That's when you know you're at home, for the time being at least.

Last edited:

"I think they are fit enough but to play a certain way … When it's a complete change of mindset of how I asked them to play – I asked them to go a bit more gung-ho, and up and at them. You need to acclimatise to that."

Oh no...

Give it a crack boys, just crack in and get up and at em and run a round a bit, y'know? ****ing hell, you couldn't make it up.

Our club is such a joke.... They obviously have no-one lined up until the summer. Could just about accept the AVB sacking if someone good was put in immediately. This is just a waste of a season.

People had high hopes when AVB was appointed...

spurschampions.jpg

Last edited:

Our club is such a joke.... They obviously have no-one lined up until the summer. Could just about accept the AVB sacking if someone good was put in immediately. This is just a waste of a season.

If someones not good enough for the job why wait? Why let someone you don't want and who is clearly going to go carry on managing the side and ruining the confidence of our new signings when we can give someone else a chance for the time being. You can't just keep someone because there's no one about, that's why you get interm managers like Chelsea did with Di Matteo. If AVB isn't right for the job it's going to be a wasted season as you put it regardless of whether we keep him or not.

If someones not good enough for the job why wait? Why let someone you don't want and who is clearly going to go carry on managing the side and ruining the confidence of our new signings when we can give someone else a chance for the time being. You can't just keep someone because there's no one about, that's why you get interm managers like Chelsea did with Di Matteo. If AVB isn't right for the job it's going to be a wasted season as you put it regardless of whether we keep him or not.

I'd have much more confidence in AVB capturing a cup than Sherwood. After the way we bounced back after City it's very debatable that AVB had lost the dressing room. He had to play against the league's most in form attacker with ten men and a decimated defence. Still can't believe he was sacked to be honest. If Levy brings in someone top class in the next two weeks then fair enough but at the moment we look a joke.

Underlines the chaos that is Tottenham Hotspur at the moment, absolute joke that he's the public face representing our beloved club at this moment.. Absolute ****ing joke.

For a man who has been involved behind the scenes at the club to not know his players were fit enough to play a robust FULL 90 MINUTES is a joke.

(this is not an anti AVB post)

but maybe it suggests something about the way AVB had things set up and kept information within his small network

we have heard the stories of Freund being ostracized and similar things from his time at Cheatski
and of course Sherwood would mostly have been with the development squad so wouldnt have seen first hand what the 1st team squad was like

Back