• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Sherwood Out!

Exactly...i very much doubt anyone thought 'oooo west ham pose an aerial threat so lets put Fryers and a random youth cb in to counter it' lets get serious ffs.

why exactly did he switch to inverted wingers when things were going well? why take Ade off and keep Defoe on?

I've said it countless times and i'm as certain when i say this as i was that AVB's tactics would never have worked at home for a sustained period of time....DEFOE IS NULL AND VOID WHEN PLAYING AT HOME. It doesn't work one bit unless it's a europa or cup game...with AVB's tactics i thought Defoe has a part to play away from hom though but at the Lane? doesn't matter what tactics we use...he shouldn't play.

Were things going well? After the opening 15 or perhaps 20 minutes we weren't creating many chances and our crosses were pretty much comfortably dealt with by the West Ham defenders. Switching it up didn't seem like a terrible idea.

Taking off Ade is more questionable to me. Unless he was feeling an injury or was exhausted I don't quite get it.

I don't think Defoe is useless at home, although he wasn't good today. Soldado should start ahead of him though, consistently imo.

when the team sheet was made public, were many complaining about the CB pairing? Apologies if I missed it, genuine question.

I don't think so, but to me there wasn't and still isn't much to complain about as our options were so limited. Had Dawson and Kaboul been on the bench I would have gotten the frustration with playing Vlad and Chiriches, but as it was I don't think there's much to complain about there.

Were things going well? After the opening 15 or perhaps 20 minutes we weren't creating many chances and our crosses were pretty much comfortably dealt with by the West Ham defenders. Switching it up didn't seem like a terrible idea.

Taking off Ade is more questionable to me. Unless he was feeling an injury or was exhausted I don't quite get it.

I don't think Defoe is useless at home, although he wasn't good today. Soldado should start ahead of him though, consistently imo.

I don't think so, but to me there wasn't and still isn't much to complain about as our options were so limited. Had Dawson and Kaboul been on the bench I would have gotten the frustration with playing Vlad and Chiriches, but as it was I don't think there's much to complain about there.

I only watched the second half....i'm going off what people said on the OMT.

If he wins the next two and retires he will go down as the most successful manager in history which will be interesting at least.

Spurs in no creation shocker. I cannot believe we have no other options apart from a wet spaniard, a midget and ronald mcdonald

exactly mate, he wasn't exactly spoilt for choice.
hashtag****medicalteam

I maybe wrong but going from what people are saying (I saw barely any of tonights action), Sherwood/Ferdinand are looking to create their own thing and given their public love for Defoe I think he will start as often as they can get him to until he starts to score. They strike me as having the "English backbone" type of mentality and I wouldnt be suprised if we see this kind of formation (Defoe up top, Lennon and Townsend wide) with 3 of the back 4 also being English. I may be suprised but I have a funny feeling that tonights formation may herald a rather frustrating period for our new players, as none of them will get a look in (bar Chadli whilst Townsend is injured, and Vlad whilst Jan is out).

I maybe wrong but going from what people are saying (I saw barely any of tonights action), Sherwood/Ferdinand are looking to create their own thing and given their public love for Defoe I think he will start as often as they can get him to until he starts to score. They strike me as having the "English backbone" type of mentality and I wouldnt be suprised if we see this kind of formation (Defoe up top, Lennon and Townsend wide) with 3 of the back 4 also being English. I may be suprised but I have a funny feeling that tonights formation may herald a rather frustrating period for our new players, as none of them will get a look in (bar Chadli whilst Townsend is injured, and Vlad whilst Jan is out).

I really hope that you are wrong

So do I, but I suspect he's right.

As alluded to in another post tonight, I think Sherwood's doing as much as he can to try and distance himself from AVB.

I'm still hopeful that he just played it safe because of lack of time with the players to prepare for the game and because of injuries/suspensions. The problem is that the games come thick and fast at this time of year, so they are going to continue to have limited time to get their ideas across.

As alluded to in another post tonight, I think Sherwood's doing as much as he can to try and distance himself from AVB.

I can see why we've sacked AVB and the potential benefits of getting a new guy in, but I'm worried he'll give guys like Dawson, Townsend and Defoe more chances. I think AVB had figured them out, though he wasn't helped by all the injuries to our defenders. Dawson makes a good backup CB, the other two should only be used sparingly. Okay options if we're getting lots of counterattacking opportunities. Just glad we got Huddlestone out when we did.

Which worked for 70 odd minutes.

Then he decided to mimic AVB and started plying inverted wingers, put on Lewis Holtby behind defoe and played 4-5-1.

Which worked for 70 odd minutes.

Then he decided to mimic AVB and started plying inverted wingers, put on Lewis Holtby behind defoe and played 4-5-1.

You really should have watched the match.

Other than our very well-worked goal we created very little, didn't trouble their keeper and had a bunch of snapshots from outside the box. Sound familiar?

You really should have watched the match.

Other than our very well-worked goal we created very little, didn't trouble their keeper and had a bunch of snapshots from outside the box. Sound familiar?

Oh, and after going 100mph for the first 20 mins our players looked off the pace - shame there isn't a way around that... ;)

I can see why we've sacked AVB and the potential benefits of getting a new guy in, but I'm worried he'll give guys like Dawson, Townsend and Defoe more chances. I think AVB had figured them out, though he wasn't helped by all the injuries to our defenders. Dawson makes a good backup CB, the other two should only be used sparingly. Okay options if we're getting lots of counterattacking opportunities. Just glad we got Huddlestone out when we did.

What did AVB figure out? he's started Dawson and made him club captain, he started Townsend until recently and only dropped him recently because of burn out (or eventually burning out)..ok Defoe i give you.

I do agree with your point though. I don't think Sherwood is the right man and i'm scared he'll play Defoe a lot more...but i have hope he won't play Paulinho as much who lets face it...avb had full on boners for.

I'm still hopeful that he just played it safe because of lack of time with the players to prepare for the game and because of injuries/suspensions. The problem is that the games come thick and fast at this time of year, so they are going to continue to have limited time to get their ideas across.

Just makes all the tactical changes seem even more ridiculous. Today should have been about grinding out a win, not some silly attempt at showing up AVB.

Back