• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Sherwood Thread

Where has all this talk of "give the man a chance" gone?

It seems some of the people who were advocating this for AVB are already writing off Sherwood even before he has begun.

You couldn't make it up!

Look, I get it that you love Sherwood, I really do.

What I don't get is the accusations that I some how hate him. I never directly said the man is a plank. I did not call the man a plank. I did however use his name in the same post as the word plank. Make of it what you will.

Good day fanboy.

I am not accusing nor am I having ago at you for calling him a plank. I was just making a general point about people having preconceptions of others based on little knowledge of that person.

Now you're assuming I am a fanboy, I could also assume you're a condescending Tw*t!

Last edited:

I think what puts some people's noses out of joint is having opinions about other people without actually knowing them personally. Opinions are very dangerous, for instance, hypothetically, I saw 5 men come out of your sisters house, I could have all sorts opinions couldn't I? See what I mean?

Yeah I agree, opinions can be dangerous but they are also a fabric of human society irrespective of whether that is a good thing or not. I just personally didn't find anything dangerous or offensive in what THFC posted. But that's just my opinion ;)

I'm genuinely not trying to get in a debate here, I just don't have an issue with the original post. That's all :)

What (and who) my sister does in her spare time is none of your concern! She is just trying to make a fairly honest living in this tough economic climate.

Where has all this talk of "give the man a chance" gone?

It seems some of the people who were advocating this for AVB are already writing off Sherwood even before he has begun.

You couldn't make it up!

110% this ! let's at least see how we play over the next couple of games before we rush to judgement

110% this ! let's at least see how we play over the next couple of games before we rush to judgement

That's the worst possible thing we could do.

Want to judge him because you've met him? Fine, that makes sense.
Want to judge him based on his numerous TV/radio/newspaper interviews? Fine - decent sample size.
Want to judge him at the end of the season? Again, good sample size.

Judging him based on two matches when we're currently at rock bottom is the worst possible thing you can do - as the next two results are unlikely to have anything to do with his abilities as a manger, win or lose them.

I am not accusing nor am I having ago at you for calling him a plank. I was just making a general point about people having preconceptions of others based on little knowledge of that person.

Now you're assuming I am a fanboy, I could also assume you're a condescending Tw*t!

Cheers pal, now go do one you pleb

Calm it down you two and if you can't do that, avoid each other.

Want to judge him based on his numerous TV/radio/newspaper interviews? Fine - decent sample size.

Judging him based on two matches when we're currently at rock bottom is the worst possible thing you can do - as the next two results are unlikely to have anything to do with his abilities as a manger, win or lose them.

Maybe we will get to judge him over half a season....who knows......personally I think we can offer an opinion on him after a couple of games.......has he set us up effectively????? do the players look like they are playing for him or are they just waiting for a new big name manager??????

obviously we cant judge his credentials over just two games but I am looking for a reaction from our players..........a slight change in our set up where it actually looks like we can score goals at will........ so many people want to have a pop at tim for gawd knows what reason im not sure??????

doubtless some posters will push for De Boer before we can see what tiny tim can do.......the same posters will appear in another thread in a few months wondering why young english coaches never get a chance.....

to quote the ever so lovely Martine McCutcheon tim........'this is your moment' 'this is your perfect moment with spurs'

basically remove pre-conceived ideas and give the guy a chance!!!!

We should get in bunch of candidates and let them have game each, then we vote one out and do a new round of games with the remainders.

We should get in bunch of candidates and let them have game each, then we vote one out and do a new round of games with the remainders.
Half a game each should do it. Depending on how many goals you score in your half means elimination or not. If it is a draw then Levy, Lewis, Pleat and some other gob****e votes a manager out who then gets shot on the pitch. The S-Factor.

Half a game each should do it. Depending on how many goals you score in your half means elimination or not. If it is a draw then Levy, Lewis, Pleat and some other gob****e votes a manager out who then gets shot on the pitch. The S-Factor.

with a nauseating video with Tim sherwood and his family saying its his life long ambition to manage spurs and this is his one shot to make something of his life?

I hope Ben and Steff know what they are doing. Much more talk like this and they'll wake Swells from his slumber. We've got a whole lot of newbies, who've never had the pleasure and he does have a taste for fresh meat.

SWELLS!!!!!!!

Fantastic!

Seriously, whatever I personally feel about Sherwood, he has my full backing because he is the current manager of my beloved Tottenham Hotspur. On the merrygoround again, COYS!

Judging him based on two matches when we're currently at rock bottom is the worst possible thing you can do - as the next two results are unlikely to have anything to do with his abilities as a manager, win or lose them.

That's about the long and short of it

Sherwood has history in the League Cup against London rivals:

[video=youtube;rUYQRbGEwGY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUYQRbGEwGY[/video]

And then in the same game (or it might have been the away leg) when a Chelsea fan threw a beer bottle at him:

timsherwoodpr6.jpg

SWELLS!!!!!!!

Fantastic!

Seriously, whatever I personally feel about Sherwood, he has my full backing because he is the current manager of my beloved Tottenham Hotspur. On the merrygoround again, COYS!

Top attitude. I salute you, Steff

Remember old Macbeth was overlooked for both the Blackburn and Brighton jobs last season because they didn't consider him qualified enough.

Remember old Macbeth was overlooked for both the Blackburn and Brighton jobs last season because they didn't consider him qualified enough.

I'm getting a bit bored of saying this GB but please can you provide some evidence to support your claims

So, on that basis, you have written him off already? Very sensible of you.

How about giving him a chance and then making your mind up.

Back