• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou Mr Hinter for alerting everyone who didn't already know.

I wonder what the problem is? Most likely he wants more than anyone else because he has been offered as much from elsewhere. The club likely think he should be treated like any other player his age to keep him grounded and have offered him a standard contract.

I reckon he will end up doing a Pogba.

Edit: Doing some searching and Windy posted back in December that he had been told by two seperate sources that Edwards had signed a contract. So either Hynter knows more or is misinformed.

Personally even if I was the biggest talent in the country since Rooney I would stick with spurs (disregarding any potential team biased boyhood dreams) atm. That THFC Academy post felt reassuring.

The one I'm actually concerned with is Oduwa right now. Though that has more to do with my own boyhood dreams of watching supreme technical players humbling opposition defenders with creative dribbling.

If true I think it might actually be a decent move by Edwards, he's in a very special situation and keeping his options open 1-2 years from now is probably a good idea. To some extent he also forces our hand in that we have to keep promoting him to the development squad and then the first team to keep him happy.

Things also change very quickly in football. Pochettino is the man right now at bringing through youth, but who knows where we will be as a club 2-3 years from now.

A lot of youth players will not have the kind of power Edwards has. To them it will be more important to show loyalty and signing early and longer contracts will be of more value as they cement their place as someone for the club to focus on and trust as an investment. Edwards is talented enough and hyped enough that he doesn't have to do it.

What I'm trying to say is that even if this is true it might not indicate that he's not happy at Spurs or looking elsewhere. Might just be a strategical choice as he happily continues his development with us.

The one I'm actually concerned with is Oduwa right now. Though that has more to do with my own boyhood dreams of watching supreme technical players humbling opposition defenders with creative dribbling.

I was told we've extended his deal by a year so it now runs until next summer (if that is why you're concerned).

Do these people on twitter think they are helping?

9nNodZH.png

Understand that everytime Edwards gets a mention like that on twitter it pops up a notification on his phone.

He was very good buddies with my nephew. Think I've mentioned it here before about the amount of focus his dad has on his career. Always worked on his footie so I suspect he will get a big say.

U18s lost 3-1 at Leicester, Edwards didn't play and I think will be with the U21s from here on in.

Yedlin, Ward, Ball and Ogilvie all played 90 minutes for their respective loan clubs whilst Oduwa got 35 minutes off the bench for Colchester.

You seem to have an inside track on the youth thing, do you think Edwards will sign or will he move on?

Right now I'd say it's highly unlikely he's not with us beyond 2017, he knows he's at the right club, he just wants to progress quickly. There's not much precedent for players at his stage of development leaving a big club unless they're not wanted. Arsenal, City and Barca have all sniffed around at some point and he's still here, I think if he was going to leave then he would have done so by now. I wouldn't really give the story any thought, similar was being said this time last year about Onomah.

Are you saying that Windy and the THFC Academy Twitter account are wrong when they say that we have offered him a professional contract?

No. That the Guardian article is wrong to suggest that we could have an academy deal beyond 2017.

My home town team! Should get in to the conference play offs, but prob not promoted this time. So what's this guy like, what position?

He's a tall target-man type striker similar to someone like Connor Wickham. We rarely loan u18s as they're often not quite there physically but Loft won't have any problems in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back