• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 49 secs50 seconds agoEnfield, England
We are delighted to announce that @HarryWinks_ has signed a new contract with the Club until 2019. #COYS

CdCPXu6UEAAjev1.jpg

I've seen him 4 times and he looks a real prospect. His development may be tricky as he's small and I can't see many teams outside the "F*** you lot league" giving him game time, reminds me of Zola.

Colchester United manager Kevin Keen has been speaking to the Daily Gazette about the impact Tottenham Hotspur loanee Nathan Oduwa has had at the club so far, and what he needs to learn quickly to be a success in League One.

The 20-year-old winger was previously on loan at Scottish Championship side Rangers, where he scored one goal and provided five assists in 19 matches, but he was later recalled by Spurs only to be sent out on loan to Colchester where he is yet to start.

An eight-minute cameo appearance against Shrewsbury Town was followed by a role as an unused substitute against Bradford City, before he came off the bench against Port Vale at the weekend.

It is something of a comedown for the Tottenham youngster after he earned plenty of minutes for Rangers, showcasing his undeniable talent in the process. However Keen has explained what the wide man has to do to be a success at his latest temporary club and ultimately back at White Hart Lane.

“There’s a big difference between looking like a player and being a player and that’s what he’s got to learn,” Keen told the Gazette.

“He’s got to be able to beat people and get balls into the box and be effective for the team. There were two or three things he did okay (against Port Vale) but that’s not enough.”

It is a very honest assessment of a player who will be hoping to follow in the footsteps of those Tottenham youngsters who have made it into the first-team, but as noted by Keen he is a long way from the finished article.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/0...blunt-words-for-tottenham-loanee-nathan-oduw/

Pretty much the message/vibes coming out of Rangers and Scottish press.

If he's not working it out in Colchester vs Port Vale, he'll be another Taarabt.

Love that Oduwa has gone from Rangers to Colchester. In terms of facilities (Ibrox etc) pretty much two extremes of the game.. I hope it will be the kick up the backside he will need to realise he needs to graft to play at the top level.

They are very agenda driven, and despite all the nonsense about biased papers, their agenda is to sell papers.
There is only two things in Scotland proven to sell tabloids, bad news about Rangers, and bad news about Celtic.
Any even slightly negative story will be blown up and used to inflame the supporters.
The stories of the treatment oduwa got on the pitch are a good example, in many cases it was subtly put across that he deserved it because of his attitude. Now I don't think for one minute that any of the journos believed this, but at the time it stoked a lot of debate and things were said in the heat of the moment that I would hope a lot of people now regret. All of which sold papers.

I see Edwards played for the U21's tonight, getting time off the bench. Although we lost 2-1 it seems the rebound from his shot after a good solo run was put in by Miller.

^What age are the u-21s? They looked smaller all across compared to their counterparts from Norwich?

Mostly 18 and 19 year olds, one 17 year old(Edwards). Not sure about Norwich but even forgetting age differences we usually have the smaller team anyway.

Connor Ogilvie has torn his ankle ligaments so has returned from his loan at Stevenage, really unfortunate news as he was starting every week and doing well by all accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back