• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the second half of Liverpool U21 v Spurs U21. We couldn't get out of our half, they pressed us superbly and looked much better than us. Eventually they had a man sent off and sat back a bit more, at 2-0 up they could afford to. There was some biggish names playing ... but Liverpool were well drilled, pressed us, we gave it away every time and they were in at us again and again.

I saw the second half of Liverpool U21 v Spurs U21. We couldn't get out of our half, they pressed us superbly and looked much better than us. Eventually they had a man sent off and sat back a bit more, at 2-0 up they could afford to. There was some biggish names playing ... but Liverpool were well drilled, pressed us, we gave it away every time and they were in at us again and again.

We were the better side in the 1st half and were unfortunate to be losing, though admittedly we didn't create a great deal of note. 2nd half we faded and couldn't get out but I wouldn't read much into this game, Liverpool's side had a lot more experience and an average age difference of almost three years gave them a big advantage. This u21 team will continue to struggle in terms of results, our better players are elsewhere so we're left with a young and unbalanced side.

We were the better side in the 1st half and were unfortunate to be losing, though admittedly we didn't create a great deal of note. 2nd half we faded and couldn't get out but I wouldn't read much into this game, Liverpool's side had a lot more experience and an average age difference of almost three years gave them a big advantage. This u21 team will continue to struggle in terms of results, our better players are elsewhere so we're left with a young and unbalanced side.

Seems to have been the same story against Chelsea yesterday.

Can still be a good learning experience for some of our younger players though.

Seems to have been the same story against Chelsea yesterday.

Can still be a good learning experience for some of our younger players though.

Pretty much, Chelsea beat us 5-4 last time out and that was with CCV, Winks and Townsend in the team so this was always going to be difficult. They totally outclassed us in the first half and were well deserving of their 3-0 lead. 2nd half it was roles reversed, perhaps they slacked off a bit but either way we were suddenly all over them, got it back to 3-2 and really pushing for an equaliser but eventually Chelsea broke away and put the game to bed before adding another in stoppage time. My only real takeaway from the game is that KWP is above this level and needs to go and play some real football, he has all the talent, he just needs to toughen up and learn the ropes so to speak.

Alex Inglethorpe is the head honcho at Liverpool, so that ethos is to be expected.

No idea what is going on with our academy but we are utter, utter, turbo brick!

Lost 8-0 at home to Everton today, EIGHT - NIL!

Dont suppose anyone caught how Pritchard got on for WBA? I know he was on, but all i hear on the Sky news was he wasted a corner at the death.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...es-dominic-ball-for-midfield-switch-1-4020552
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport...rgets_Ibrox_silverware_ahead_of_Spurs_return/

Dominic Ball's apparently been impressing at Rangers, and he's also apparently been put into a defensive midfield position when he hasn't been used at centre-back, which bears striking similarities to how Dier's been used this season. I also like the attitude he shows in that second article, always wanting to improve and openly admitting that there are things he knows he isn't great at that he works on everyday.

Does anyone here(who's kept an eye on him, I mean) think he's good enough to be first-team material next season? Like, backup for Dier?

Dont suppose anyone caught how Pritchard got on for WBA? I know he was on, but all i hear on the Sky news was he wasted a corner at the death.

Yes I was at the match.

He came on at half time and was their best player by a distance, his main problem was he was the only one that wanted to play football. Looked really good, wanted to get on the ball and play but had no one to play with, was on all their set pieces but they were nothing special.

I liked the look of him tbh but West Brom are anti football.

Berahino also came on at half time and he was a disgrace, so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back