• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently tomorrow's U21 game against MANC has switched from the Lamex to the training complex, 1pm

Looks like Townsend will be another place down the pecking order
I hope he is sold and much needed funds raised to go towards a striker.

I am convinced we need to sell before we buy and one of the good things of our improved youth system is that we make money on youth players when they leave now, like caulker and livermore.

With regards to Oduwa; I read a piece online a few weeks ago that analysed Oduwa. They highlighted the fact that whilst he wasn't directly assisting or scoring as many as we'd like, he was the one assisting the assister an aweful lot. I can't remember the article all that well but they did make a decent argument with regards to how he's not been as bad as we think.

I do think the amount of brick he has had to deal with up there has probably been a contributing factor.

He was quite impressive during the pre-season and I was among a number of fans disappointed that he was sent up to Scotland when he showed more in pre-season than some of our more established names.

U21s drew 2-2 with City, no Winks or CCV today so they might be involved on Wednesday(vs Leicester).

That's good. Lets hope they start on Wed
Don't think it is likely nor desirable that CCV will start on Weds. Time in the squad sitting on the bench will be valuable nonetheless.

Winks will probably get minutes, almost certainly from the bench and likely no more than 10. Again, probably for the best.

Personally I am looking forward to seeing Onomah get another full game under his belt. He has threatened to do something whenever he has had a decent amount of time on the pitch, and I feel like it is only a matter of time before he starts turning promising - but ultimately limited/poor (by the standards of our first team regulars) - performances into 1 or 2 proper contributions per game.

Don't think it is likely nor desirable that CCV will start on Weds. Time in the squad sitting on the bench will be valuable nonetheless.

Winks will probably get minutes, almost certainly from the bench and likely no more than 10. Again, probably for the best.

Personally I am looking forward to seeing Onomah get another full game under his belt. He has threatened to do something whenever he has had a decent amount of time on the pitch, and I feel like it is only a matter of time before he starts turning promising - but ultimately limited/poor (by the standards of our first team regulars) - performances into 1 or 2 proper contributions per game.

I don't expect them to start as throwing young players in quickly isn't Poch's style. I do think Winks can offer as much as Carroll though

I don't expect them to start as throwing young players in quickly isn't Poch's style. I do think Winks can offer as much as Carroll though

+1 to this.

Everything I have seen of Winks, makes me believe he could do the same job but perhaps be a little more incisive when passing from deep. I do however think that Carroll is better in the final third.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back