• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
he has to be off come January right?? Didn't even see a minute in Europa last week.

Probably depends on what buying clubs are willing to pay for him.

It does seem less likely that he will reject a move elsewhere after what's happened in the last weeks/months.

Our Barclays Under-21 Premier League fixture at home to Chelsea in the New Year has been selected for live broadcast on Sky Sports.

The match will remain on Monday, January 11, 2016, at Stevenage's Lamex Stadium, but kick-off will now be at 7.15pm.

Remember, this coming Monday's (December 7) Barclays Under-21 Premier League clash with Southampton at Stevenage is being broadcast live, in full and completely free on Spurs TV!

I've got today and tomorrow off work, are there any Spurs training sessions one can attend, or U21 or U18 or whatever? Not sure where to find info...

I've got today and tomorrow off work, are there any Spurs training sessions one can attend, or U21 or U18 or whatever? Not sure where to find info...

Our u18s play tonight(7pm kick off) at Stevenage's ground against Rotherham in the FA youth cup.

Thank you Yoof. Is there a website where these things are listed... are there ever first team open training sessions?

Thank you Yoof. Is there a website where these things are listed... are there ever first team open training sessions?

They're listed under the academy tab on the OS.

I don't think we do open training sessions at the training ground, only ever the odd one here and there at WHL. U18/U21 games at the training ground are open to the public. The game tonight is at the Lamex stadium, should be a strong team with imo at least two future first teamers, the support is always good too.

Question to anyone who knows Harry Winks' game: is it likely that later on in the season he could deputise in the Dier role?

No is the short answer.

He's small and not a DM. In the handful of games I've seen of him, he is a slick passer of the ball and is great at knitting play together, however he would need Dier alongside him if anything. I remember in the post season game he started alongside Stambouli and got caught out a bit with his defensive reading of the game, stepping out to intercept when the option wasn't there etc. I'm sure he's improved, but he is not going to anchor our midfield.

For my money the only option we have is Bentaleb.

No is the short answer.

He's small and not a DM. In the handful of games I've seen of him, he is a slick passer of the ball and is great at knitting play together, however he would need Dier alongside him if anything. I remember in the post season game he started alongside Stambouli and got caught out a bit with his defensive reading of the game, stepping out to intercept when the option wasn't there etc. I'm sure he's improved, but he is not going to anchor our midfield.

For my money the only option we have is Bentaleb.

Yeah. Winks seems much more similar to Carroll and Mason than to Dier.

Bentaleb and Dembele at least as our options for the DM spot I think. I was quite happy with Bentaleb and Mason last season. Bentaleb and Dembele would probably be quite solid. I imagine Dembele and Alli could form a decent partnership too.

Compared to most of the teams we like to compare ourselves to we're well stocked in midfield I think.

U21s drew away to Everton tonight, late equaliser from a Townsend pen.

U18s are away in Florida this week playing in the annual IMG Cup - which we won last year.

Tottenham Hotspur remain interested in Ebbsfleet United youngster Shilow Tracey after the player underwent a trial with the Premier League side, according to his current manager, Daryl McMahon.

Tracey, 17, has already spent a week with the north London side and has done enough to earn himself another invite, according to local newspaper the News Shopper. Tottenham scouts are also being deployed to watch him play in an upcoming FA Youth Cup match.

Ebbsfleet manager McMahon told the same publication: "It went OK for him, he is probably going to go back for another trial. They are going to watch him on Tuesday night in the FA Youth Cup, and that is all we know really."

But McMahon did indicate that he believes the Premier League side were impressed with the teenage midfielder. He said: "I think so. We will have to wait and see, they are not going to dive in straight away. He was there for three days, three training sessions – he is now back playing with us now. We will see how it goes and there is no pressure on Shilow, we are happy with him at Ebbsfleet."

Tottenham are not the only club to have approached Tracey and Ebbsfleet. McMahon told theclub's official website in October: "Shilow has made a very impressive start to the season, as have a number of our other young contracted players. A number of clubs have spoken to us about him in recent days and we have given permission for him to trial with Spurs.

"The fact that a Premier League club is interested in one of our players says a lot about the quality of the coaching and management the boys are receiving and it reflects well on our academy set-up. Clearly we want Ebbsfleet United to benefit from the development of young players but this is a great opportunity for the player and I am confident Shilow will acquit himself well."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/tottenham-...-shilow-tracey-after-successful-trial-1527575

Played 25 minutes and scored a goal as our U18s beat Baltimore Celtics 3-1 in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back