• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying that Africa is a crap place but just that we can talk about places without people from those places being upset. for example I guess there was some offense about saying African players may be overage. Well there is evidence that African players in youth tournaments have been overage.

Even if I wanted to Say Africa is a crap place ( I don't) defend the country or the point, should not say we have fans from there and its insulting to them.

I think your point about there being precedent on the over-age thing being fine. Your example (the scouse one) was probably not the best one to be going with.

At the same time though, if someone wanted to start talking about all the crap that Britain has got/done wrong etc then I would assume that a few people on here would also take exception to it.

I think your point about there being precedent on the over-age thing being fine. Your example (the scouse one) was probably not the best one to be going with.

At the same time though, if someone wanted to start talking about all the crap that Britain has got/done wrong etc then I would assume that a few people on here would also take exception to it.
And because those taking offence it shouldn't be discussed?

Some fans on this board need to realise that you have fans from African countries. Some posts here are downright insulting.

I am in no way intending to insult African countries, but simply making the point it is extremely difficult for young men to be taken from a totally different culture and try to develop their talent in a far more challenging environment. many of these boys immediately become the main financial support to their familes and have to deal with all the emotional baggage that goes with that, We've seen recently that Adebayor had problems with his family. Nigeria has produced some strong youth teams over the years but very few of them have developed to the level expected of them.

I am in no way intending to insult African countries, but simply making the point it is extremely difficult for young men to be taken from a totally different culture and try to develop their talent in a far more challenging environment. many of these boys immediately become the main financial support to their familes and have to deal with all the emotional baggage that goes with that, We've seen recently that Adebayor had problems with his family. Nigeria has produced some strong youth teams over the years but very few of them have developed to the level expected of them.

It is normal for very few players from the u-17/u-20 teams to progress to the senior team. This is common to all countries. Nigeria doesnt have a strong home league so players migrate to other nations and play in their leagues. A lot dont make it due to as you said different cultures and the kinda contracts they get plus all the emotional contracts. It is the reason I left the UK to return back to Nigeria - different culture and I didnt want to feel like a second class citizen. Another reason for the success of the strong youth team is they spend a lot of time together before tournaments (months*) and imbibe our true style of play. Style of play is simple - slow the game down and turn it up at will with pacy wingers and attackers. Our players in attack have always had mad ball skills - Kanu, Okocha, Ikedia, Musa, Moses etc An example of how a player was 'damaged' is Mikel Obi. Mikel had far more skills and potential than Dele Alli. Only weakness then was shooting. Mikel could control a game and drive it then he moved to Chelsea and became a shadow of what he was meant to be.

PS I am not denying that Nigeria has a problem with age cheaters. Yesterday I fingered one and alerted the NFF about one - Stanley Dimgba who has two different date of births on two different football databases. Already I have been 'attacked' online for doing so. What I will say is that this is greatly reduced at the U-17 level due to investments in the u-13, u-15 and secondary school levels. It is more difficult to combat this in the u-23 team which is where I spotted the age cheat (they are asking me for credible proof).

*The last two u-17 teams have stayed together from u-13 level to u-15 level to u-17 level and had bonded. Funny enough ever since we started this MRI business in FIFA - Nigeria has won the only two tournaments held. It makes us wonder back home if it was other nations doing the age cheating.

It is normal for very few players from the u-17/u-20 teams to progress to the senior team. This is common to all countries. Nigeria doesnt have a strong home league so players migrate to other nations and play in their leagues. A lot dont make it due to as you said different cultures and the kinda contracts they get plus all the emotional contracts. It is the reason I left the UK to return back to Nigeria - different culture and I didnt want to feel like a second class citizen. Another reason for the success of the strong youth team is they spend a lot of time together before tournaments (months*) and imbibe our true style of play. Style of play is simple - slow the game down and turn it up at will with pacy wingers and attackers. Our players in attack have always had mad ball skills - Kanu, Okocha, Ikedia, Musa, Moses etc An example of how a player was 'damaged' is Mikel Obi. Mikel had far more skills and potential than Dele Alli. Only weakness then was shooting. Mikel could control a game and drive it then he moved to Chel53a and became a shadow of what he was meant to be.

PS I am not denying that Nigeria has a problem with age cheaters. Yesterday I fingered one and alerted the NFF about one - Stanley Dimgba who has two different date of births on two different football databases. Already I have been 'attacked' online for doing so. What I will say is that this is greatly reduced at the U-17 level due to investments in the u-13, u-15 and secondary school levels. It is more difficult to combat this in the u-23 team which is where I spotted the age cheat (they are asking me for credible proof).

*The last two u-17 teams have stayed together from u-13 level to u-15 level to u-17 level and had bonded. Funny enough ever since we started this MRI business in FIFA - Nigeria has won the only two tournaments held. It makes us wonder back home if it was other nations doing the age cheating.

I agree with you about Mikel, he has been poorly used by Chelski but it suited their plan rather than his development, youth development is very difficult as there are so many outside elements that can distract players, but I feel it's far more difficult if you haven't got your family so support you, this applies to many young european players with british clubs.

I read in The Times earlier that Cheatskis Academy costs them £10m per year, which is presumably similar to Spurs. That is way more than I expected. What do you reckon, could that be true?

I read in The Times earlier that Cheatskis Academy costs them £10m per year, which is presumably similar to Spurs. That is way more than I expected. What do you reckon, could that be true?

Nearly 50 players across the 3 age groups

40 staff (coaches, analysts, medical)

Retained worldwide scouting network

Overheads (use of Hotspur Way, kit, travel)

I think £10m is a fair estimate

But remember that's one Caulker or Livermore sold every season to pay for the lot, let alone when you get Kane saving us spending £30m on a CF

Interesting question.

Did that number include transfer fees for the players being recruited?

I imagine Chelsea spend considerably more on wages for some of their higher profile talent that has been brought in than we're willing to do. We seemingly let Azzaoui go as we weren't willing to match Wolfsburg's wage offer. I think that's a very sensible policy overall.

Nearly 50 players across the 3 age groups

40 staff (coaches, analysts, medical)

Retained worldwide scouting network

Overheads (use of Hotspur Way, kit, travel)

I think £10m is a fair estimate

But remember that's one Caulker or Livermore sold every season to pay for the lot, let alone when you get Kane saving us spending £30m on a CF

I bet they pay for it from the steady income they get from sending players out on loan. They currently have 33 players out on loan, it t is all part of their business model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back