• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

Shifting Jenas, Bentley, Gomes and maybe Hudd (now we have Holtby) will do wonders for our wage bill.

We might even get c.£15m for the four of them, which could facilitate a move for one of AVB's 'A' targets (Moutinho, Leandro and Willian).

How would we get anywhere £15m for them. We would have to probably give Jenas and Bentley a free transfer to get them off the wage bill and may get 1-2m each max. Gomes hasn't played for regularly for nearly 2 years and would maybe get 3-4m max and Hudd may get around the same as Gomes (possibly less if he cant pass a medical)

10 mil for the lot - tops

what was the job lot Levy done a couple of seasons back, didn't Sunderland part with 20 mil for a few of our expendables ?

How would we get anywhere £15m for them. We would have to probably give Jenas and Bentley a free transfer to get them off the wage bill and may get 1-2m each max. Gomes hasn't played for regularly for nearly 2 years and would maybe get 3-4m max and Hudd may get around the same as Gomes (possibly less if he cant pass a medical)

English player premium. That's three England internationals, all in their 20s (Hudd has only just turned 26). Liverpool should by right be offering us £15m each for them.

I'd say £2m for Jenas, £3m each for Bentley and Gomes and £7-8 for Hudd would be reasonable prices.

Last edited:

what was the job lot Levy done a couple of seasons back, didn't Sunderland part with 20 mil for a few of our expendables ?

Assuming he's got a good 3 years left on his ctr I can't see huddlestone going for less than £8m on his own. Gomes prob 4m, the other two, yea who knows really, prob not much at all.

Yep.

And some mug called Redknapp once gaves us £15m for Sean Davis, Pedro Mendes and Noe Pamarot

But for us Bentley was competing with Lennon while Jenas was competing with Modric, Sandro, Parker etc.

At QPR they would be competing with a rather... different set of players.

I can see your point BE, but even when Lennon was injured Bentley rarely played, and Sandro, Parker and Palacios were all bought by Redknapp when Jenas was already at the club. I'd love it to be true though.

Assuming he's got a good 3 years left on his ctr I can't see huddlestone going for less than £8m on his own. Gomes prob 4m, the other two, yea who knows really, prob not much at all.

he might be worth 8 but i doubt anyone will be paying that for him - same goes for Gomes, aint played in two years - big wages, who's gonna take him on - it's a risk

Shifting Jenas, Bentley, Gomes and maybe Hudd (now we have Holtby) will do wonders for our wage bill.

We might even get c.£15m for the four of them, which could facilitate a move for one of AVB's 'A' targets (Moutinho, Leandro and Willian).

Every window Jenas and Bentley..
If Roy Carroll can play for top sides and get good wages then surely Gomes can.
Hudd is a very good player coming back from a year long injury. I hope he is a loan deal.

I can see your point BE, but even when Lennon was injured Bentley rarely played, and Sandro, Parker and Palacios were all bought by Redknapp when Jenas was already at the club. I'd love it to be true though.

Sandro, Parker and Palacios were all different types of players to Jenas and better than Jenas though.

Every window Jenas and Bentley..
If Roy Carroll can play for top sides and get good wages then surely Gomes can.
Hudd is a very good player coming back from a year long injury. I hope he is a loan deal.

Well we finally shifted Gio last time after many fruitless windows, so there is hope.

Watching the ACN has also reminded me that we still own Bongani Khumalo.

I hope Bentley and Gomes are sold to free up funds; Happy if Hudd and Livermore go out on loan as well, but I think we should keep Jenas ..8-[

Jenas and perhaps Bentley will be released sooner or later. That said Bentley has at least got some gametime under his belt. Have Blackburn not shown any interest?

Gomes has still got a lot to offer on the continent, he has not become an unplayable keeper overnight. I hope he moves for his own benefit and proves hit doubters wrong (particularly the c*nty press in this country who were vying for his blood).

Hudds? Not sure how he will fit into the new style - a loan move may be worthwhile to assess him - how long has he left on his contract?

ackie on SC:

If not LD, it will be Negredo!
Will try for Willian...
But so far Negredo!
Bentley to midlands...

Option still there for a RM loan option.
May have a last try for Mouts but it looks like Negredo!

A striker from Germany - who? I don't know but I heard Negredo!

ackie on SC:

If not LD, it will be Negredo!
Will try for Willian...
But so far Negredo!
Bentley to midlands...

Option still there for a RM loan option.
May have a last try for Mouts but it looks like Negredo!

A striker from Germany - who? I don't know but I heard Negredo!

At least he's bombastic and it's close enough to the deadline that people will remember it as a miss if it doesn't happen.

Let the ITK flow.

We need Archibald to get cracking, after his loan ITK it seems he has the good source this window.

Let the ITK flow.

We need Archibald to get cracking, after his loan ITK it seems he has the good source this window.

There's just something about the stuff he comes out with that makes me think he's sort of an "unofficial spokesman" for the club at times.

Back