• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

Ali Z:

We have not given defoe weekend off he has a hamstring injury 3 weeks min. COYS

With Ade potentially another 2 weeks away, if the above is correct we seriously need to add to the strikeforce, if we arent already, we'll be really f#cked if Dempsey gets injured on Weds night

It is going to happen but we could do with doing business tomorrow rather than wait until 11.59pm on Thursday

When we do sign a striker (whenever that will be), we'll hear nothing but moaning how he's not good enough or AVB didn't get his man or other stupid kneejerk reactions from people who didn't get what THEY wanted.

When we do sign a striker (whenever that will be), we'll hear nothing but moaning how he's not good enough or AVB didn't get his man or other stupid kneejerk reactions from people who didn't get what THEY wanted.

After today's car crash I'm fully signed up to being a beggar with no choosing rights.

IF we sign someone it will be because it's a player we really want, not because we felt we had to sign someone. It's become our way of running the club after some seriously wasted money in the past and I'm perfectly fine with that. Spend £10 million on a player now for the remainder of the season, only to be stuck with him for years to come because we can't get rid. Not happening. I can see a loan happening if the targets we're trying for don't come off. It's how the transfer window works, you either pay over the odds (unless the other club is desperate for some cash) or wait till the last few days when they might get slightly desperate.

if money IS tight will AVB want to spend now 10 mill of his budget that he might need in the summer to acquire his number one target:-k

With the new TV money and possible Cl qualification there could be decent pool of money come the summer anyway. Levy must learn from previous Jan windows and strengthen our attacking options now.

Ali Z:

We have not given defoe weekend off he has a hamstring injury 3 weeks min. COYS

AVB has denied this in his post match interview, but I think he's lying (to stop prices on our striker targets inflating even more - he's a lot smarter than Redknapp on these type of things)

AVB has denied this in his post match interview, but I think he's lying (to stop prices on our striker targets inflating even more - he's a lot smarter than Redknapp on these type of things)

Have a feeling you're right. I've heard 3-4 weeks. Sort of ITK, but a bit more reliable.

Yeh just saw it.....hmmm what exactly did he say about signings though?

He just said he doesn't expect any new signings when asked if we'd be doing anything in the final days of the window. He could well be lying(like I think he is with Defoe) so it doesn't really mean much.

Radio during the match stated Defoe had a hip inury.

A case of Chinese whispers perhaps?

Maybe he has a slight niggle on his hip. but he was training during the week after this whole injury business came out.
He defo does not have the hamstring injury the itks claimed he had.

Maybe he has a slight niggle on his hip. but he was training during the week after this whole injury business came out.
He defo does not have the hamstring injury the itks claimed he had.

This much seems reasonable.

I don't particularly trust what AVB says to the press, but I'm guessing he has a better hit rate than the vast majority of ITKs despite his lies.

If AVB isn't concerned about the situation neither am I. If he is concerned I think something will be done about it.

Back