• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

GB is right this time. Negredo to me is such a meh signing (i've watched him an awful lot over the years so i can actually make a judgement on him).

That's fair comment if you've seen him, KD, but have you seen the same amount of Leandro, for instance, to make a similar judgement on him?
It has to work both ways, doesn't it?

(By the way..........I've seen nothing of no-one, so would never make any type of judgement. I just know who i don't want).

seems like im back to my stalking days here KD :-"

but what don't you particularly like about Negrado ? one of my mates who watches a lot of Spainish football rates him quite highly - especially his strength (when thinking about adapting to the Prem)

ive only seen a few youtube vids admittedly but he scores some beautiful goals - Im not sure on his consistency, but he looks a good fit to me

Ah i called you a stalker once didn't i:lol:

Negredo isn't very good at anything imo. Well he's a good poacher and good finisher but i'm talking about general play. I remember watching revisit when he was at Almeria and thinking he was awesome but that because i was blinded by highlights. Sevilla matches are of course broadcasted far more and whenever he played with Fabiano he was average at best. As soon as Kanoute played with him he looked good....with us he wouldn't have someone smart like Kanoute partnering so he'll either have to play with another Fabiano type poacher (Defoe) or Ade..which could work but still risky.

That's fair comment if you've seen him, KD, but have you seen the same amount of Leandro, for instance, to make a similar judgement on him?
It has to work both ways, doesn't it?

(By the way..........I've seen nothing of no-one, so would never make any type of judgement. I just know who i don't want).

I've never seen damiao.

Ok, so within reason, who would YOUR choice of striker be for this window? And based on what?
(I'm not doubting you here.....genuine question.......because I'm really not sure myself).

Tbh Crawley i want to see us take a 8m - 12m gamble on a player from the French/German/or Dutch league that i've never seen before. That to me shows the scouts are actually getting paid to do something and that's really what Jan is about. I would be for the signing of Damiao if the price was less than the 20m that's being thrown about but Negredo, Hooper, etc etc is just the lazy option to me. The 'oh this player might be available so lets have a look and see if he's ok' option rather then the 'let's actually send our scouts out and about and actually target a few players' option. If it fails then it fails but at least we went out actually trying to do something.

Tbh Crawley i want to see us take a 8m - 12m gamble on a player from the French/German/or Dutch league that i've never seen before. That to me shows the scouts are actually getting paid to do something and that's really what Jan is about. I would be for the signing of Damiao if the price was less than the 20m that's being thrown about but Negredo, Hooper, etc etc is just the lazy option to me. The 'oh this player might be available so lets have a look and see if he's ok' option rather then the 'let's actually send our scouts out and about and actually target a few players' option. If it fails then it fails but at least we went out actually trying to do something.

That's one of the best posts I've seen from you on here. Agree 100%

I don't think that there is a premier league club that doesn't hold a file on every player, within their price range, in every major European league. If that's the case, how is taking a punt on a player playing in Scotland any different from taking a punt on a player playing in France or Holland?

if his name was Garay Hoopinho there would be no issue. 8m for Hooper makes sense, if we start spending 10+ that's when i get annoyed at the idea.

I don't think that there is a premier league club that doesn't hold a file on every player, within their price range, in every major European league. If that's the case, how is taking a punt on a player playing in Scotland any different from taking a punt on a player playing in France or Holland?

In this particular case, what worries me about "taking a punt" on Hooper is the lack of "big" clubs chasing him down. Not even Liverpool.

But anyway...............back to ITK

In this particular case, what worries me about "taking a punt" on Hooper is the lack of "big" clubs chasing him down. Not even Liverpool.

Thats silly logic, what of the big clubs are in need of a striker? Mau U/City?Def not. Chelsea/Arsenal? No. Even Liverpool have Suarez and Sturridge.

We are lagging behind all of them in the striking department....

Thing is, if Man U/C, Chelsea et al were in for him, we wouldn't have a hope of signing him.

Bit like Groucho Marx, we don't want any player who's not good enough to go to a better paying team.

We need to go into the market for a player that the big clubs are not prepared to take a punt on, the kind of player that needs to play at the level just below them.

Thats a very small pool of players - even the likes if berba and modric would be a bit of a gamble for us today as you are not sure if they will make it.

I'm not sold on Hooper, but am happy tob proved wrong

Okay....so, one of my friends is from Madrid and grew up next door to Alvaro Negredo. Both families are still friends and still live in the same barrio, as he puts it. I asked him about a week ago if he could go and do some digging on our behalf, so here are the results of that. I put it up on the other forum we both go on first, now bringing it here. Enjoy !

Who : El Pichichi
Where : Total Tottenham
When : 27/01/13

so.. I made some phone calls.. Three, to be precise.

First, i spoke to a connection of mine who's a correspondent for newspaper Marca in Lisbon. He told me that, from what he had heard (and he is not completely "inside" the story, because he's in Portugal), Chelsea were pretty interested in taking Negredo, a few weeks ago. However, they turned to Saudi Sportswashing Machine's Ba, because he was cheaper and Premier League proven. What stuck in my mind, however, was that he told me that, apparently, Abramovich was still making a good use of the "Target Shortlist" that was created and given to him by Villas-Boas when he was there trying to reform the club... Apparently, Negredo, Hazard, Oscar or Mata were all part of the list... Benítez preferred Ba to Negredo, though. So, this bit of info actually links Villas-Boas to Negredo...

Then, i contacted a cousin of mine who lives in Sevilla and is a a big Nervionense (Sevilla FC fan). He completely confirmed me that the club is near bankruptcy and that selling some of their jewels seems the only way to really survive some of the Del Nido late policies... He also told me that Sevilla were very actively trying to buy Morata from Real Madrid, to succeed a very probable Negredo exit... As Real Madrid were not very eager to let Morata go, Sevilla were trying to push Diego Lopez as a bonus in the deal (not very relevant, but may be an indication of the clear intention to replace Negredo...). However, my cousin told me that Del Nido is also looking at other possibilities to lift the club's finances and is trying to sell some of the club's shares to an Arab consortium, which would stop the selling of important players, obviously..

I decided against trying to contact Álvaro's father, because i didn't want to burden him (i figure he must have his phone ringing all day long, with questions like this one..) But i did contact some very close friend of Álvaro, who is also a good friend of mine (i'm a bit older than them, but we grew together in the barrio). He told me that Álvaro was really in a very delicate situation, because Del Nido was fully aware of some proposals made for him, but even though he was trying to sell him in order to balance the books, he was still trying to push the value to its maximum, and was driving a hard bargain. Álvaro's position is of course the one of a very professional footballer, but when you know that your boss wants to sell you, that there are more than one club wanting to buy you, and that things still don't get done....it's hard. He is doing his best to play his football and forget everything around him, but there's a lot of things happening every day. From what this friend told me, the clubs that have made bids for Álvaro are Tottenham and Borussia Dortmund. However, Arsenal and Saudi Sportswashing Machine have supposedly made inquiries. Apparently, Del Nido feels that Borussia's offer is better than Tottenham's... But it is the overall opinion that negotiations will happen until the very last day of the window..

So, this was what i could gather. More than what i thought i would.. Even so, of course, it is not very relevant information. But i'll keep my ears open

Will not believe that Defoe is injured until someone from the club confirms it.

I think he has just been given the weekend off to keep him fresh.

Okay....so, one of my friends is from Madrid and grew up next door to Alvaro Negredo. Both families are still friends and still live in the same barrio, as he puts it. I asked him about a week ago if he could go and do some digging on our behalf, so here are the results of that. I put it up on the other forum we both go on first, now bringing it here. Enjoy !

Who : El Pichichi
Where : Total Tottenham
When : 27/01/13

so.. I made some phone calls.. Three, to be precise.

First, i spoke to a connection of mine who's a correspondent for newspaper Marca in Lisbon. He told me that, from what he had heard (and he is not completely "inside" the story, because he's in Portugal), Chelsea were pretty interested in taking Negredo, a few weeks ago. However, they turned to Saudi Sportswashing Machine's Ba, because he was cheaper and Premier League proven. What stuck in my mind, however, was that he told me that, apparently, Abramovich was still making a good use of the "Target Shortlist" that was created and given to him by Villas-Boas when he was there trying to reform the club... Apparently, Negredo, Hazard, Oscar or Mata were all part of the list... Benítez preferred Ba to Negredo, though. So, this bit of info actually links Villas-Boas to Negredo...

Then, i contacted a cousin of mine who lives in Sevilla and is a a big Nervionense (Sevilla FC fan). He completely confirmed me that the club is near bankruptcy and that selling some of their jewels seems the only way to really survive some of the Del Nido late policies... He also told me that Sevilla were very actively trying to buy Morata from Real Madrid, to succeed a very probable Negredo exit... As Real Madrid were not very eager to let Morata go, Sevilla were trying to push Diego Lopez as a bonus in the deal (not very relevant, but may be an indication of the clear intention to replace Negredo...). However, my cousin told me that Del Nido is also looking at other possibilities to lift the club's finances and is trying to sell some of the club's shares to an Arab consortium, which would stop the selling of important players, obviously..

I decided against trying to contact Álvaro's father, because i didn't want to burden him (i figure he must have his phone ringing all day long, with questions like this one..) But i did contact some very close friend of Álvaro, who is also a good friend of mine (i'm a bit older than them, but we grew together in the barrio). He told me that Álvaro was really in a very delicate situation, because Del Nido was fully aware of some proposals made for him, but even though he was trying to sell him in order to balance the books, he was still trying to push the value to its maximum, and was driving a hard bargain. Álvaro's position is of course the one of a very professional footballer, but when you know that your boss wants to sell you, that there are more than one club wanting to buy you, and that things still don't get done....it's hard. He is doing his best to play his football and forget everything around him, but there's a lot of things happening every day. From what this friend told me, the clubs that have made bids for Álvaro are Tottenham and Borussia Dortmund. However, Arsenal and Saudi Sportswashing Machine have supposedly made inquiries. Apparently, Del Nido feels that Borussia's offer is better than Tottenham's... But it is the overall opinion that negotiations will happen until the very last day of the window..

So, this was what i could gather. More than what i thought i would.. Even so, of course, it is not very relevant information. But i'll keep my ears open

People really need to start getting out more. That right there is a number of different ITK all rolled into 1.

Back