• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

I thought if a club meets the release clause value they don't get a say in the matter. Clearly not...

Maybe he has to put in a transfer request. I'm only guessing. If he wants to move, he should do that anyway. It will stir things up and show he is committed to moving even if he loses money by doing so.

Maybe he has to put in a transfer request. I'm only guessing. If he wants to move, he should do that anyway. It will stir things up and show he is committed to moving even if he loses money by doing so.

I think I read a story about the Diame situation where he complained to FIFA but they said they wouldn't meet to talk about it for ages (March or something) and he was annoyed because obviously the window would be shut by then haha.

I thought if a club meets the release clause value they don't get a say in the matter. Clearly not...

Release clauses aren't binding in UK law. They only have legal status in Iberia. Basically they aren't worth the paper they are written on.

Didnt Chelsea just buy Ba that way?

I don't know, perhaps Saudi Sportswashing Machine didn't think it was worth fighting? They were obviously stupid enough to agree to it in the first place, so perhaps they felt honour bound or something? Honour isn't something the dildo brothers do.

Agreed.

Is that ITK though? ;)

Nope . No. Definitely not. No ITK to see here. Move along good citizens.

The argument that we have no money doesn't really wash with me. Transfers (and especially Levy ones) are not cash up front deals. The money is spread out over a number of seasons with clauses a plenty. I still believe the money is there, or will be, for AVB if the right deal comes along. At moment we have two absent strikers both firing blanks even when they are on the pitch, so for me all the planets are aligning. We are not a poor club.

Nope . No. Definitely not. No ITK to see here. Move along good citizens.

The argument that we have no money doesn't really wash with me. Transfers (and especially Levy ones) are not cash up front deals. The money is spread out over a number of seasons with clauses a plenty. I still believe the money is there, or will be, for AVB if the right deal comes along. At moment we have two absent strikers both firing blanks even when they are on the pitch, so for me all the planets are aligning. We are not a poor club.

Surely this makes it less likely that we have money, if you believe we are still paying off the money for previous deals?

We are not a poor club no, but that does not have anything to do with having the resources available to splash out on signings.

Release clauses aren't binding in UK law. They only have legal status in Iberia. Basically they aren't worth the paper they are written on.

I think you are confusing yourself. Or maybe I am wrong? As I see it the Iberian contracts are normal and only valid for clubs in the peninsular?
But a similar contract signed in the UK is valid in the UK.
Only guessing.

I think you are confusing yourself. Or maybe I am wrong? As I see it the Iberian contracts are normal and only valid for clubs in the peninsular?
But a similar contract signed in the UK is valid in the UK.
Only guessing.

Agreed.

I can't believe that there is any specific legislation in English law relating to release clauses which renders them "not binding". I would imagine that, if both parties have signed up to a contract on the basis that it contains a release clause, then both parties must honour the contract on those terms.

Surely this makes it less likely that we have money, if you believe we are still paying off the money for previous deals?

We are not a poor club no, but that does not have anything to do with having the resources available to splash out on signings.

I've no particular knowledge of the finances of the club but I'm pretty certain that a fair percentage of the players in and out are stage payments and the books are balanced int his regards. It's about projecting ahead to see if we can cover player x with wages y and resale value z. It's different for each player they evaluate I'm sure. Can we 'finance' a player like Leandro say? Absolutely, if we think it is the right move.

As for your 2nd point I'm not too sure what you mean. That seems a contradiction to me.

I think Callejon on loan (if we can get him) would be great business because I agree with an earlier poster that AVB may want maximum funds available for summer (ie moutinho).

SO Jasper

Only DL and JL really know what is going on because at least four players (main) are carrying severe injuries and we are bereft of real quality to bring in. I was told that striker and midfield (defensive with offensive qualities) would be in along with Holtby.

Friction is an understatement so who knows.

We spent more than the Modric money on Dembele, Verts, Dempsey and Gylfi.

Collectively, that comes to about £35 million which more or less covers the Modric money. We wanted to give £23 million for Moutinho back in August, so what's happened to that?

Does the answer reside in 'conspiracy' or we got robbed? That is the only obvious two answers one can come to, no? it is make or break the next few days. We cannot afford to gamble with no in-comings based upon the weaknesses in our squad now to key players and injuries, simple as.

I've no particular knowledge of the finances of the club but I'm pretty certain that a fair percentage of the players in and out are stage payments and the books are balanced int his regards. It's about projecting ahead to see if we can cover player x with wages y and resale value z. It's different for each player they evaluate I'm sure. Can we 'finance' a player like Leandro say? Absolutely, if we think it is the right move.

As for your 2nd point I'm not too sure what you mean. That seems a contradiction to me.

Not really. Being a rich club means you make lots of money, as our current accounts show we also spend all of it.

I think Callejon on loan (if we can get him) would be great business because I agree with an earlier poster that AVB may want maximum funds available for summer (ie moutinho).

Callejon gets plenty of game time so that move is unlikely I would think.

Not really. Being a rich club means you make lots of money, as our current accounts show we also spend all of it.

This is true but I see it more of a balancing the books exercise. The money we make we spend. The training ground and NDP land grab was expensive. In the general sense we are a rich club that is well run financially. We can afford to take the occasional punt and not put us in jeopardy.

SO Jasper

Only DL and JL really know what is going on because at least four players (main) are carrying severe injuries and we are bereft of real quality to bring in. I was told that striker and midfield (defensive with offensive qualities) would be in along with Holtby.

Friction is an understatement so who knows.

We spent more than the Modric money on Dembele, Verts, Dempsey and Gylfi.

Collectively, that comes to about £35 million which more or less covers the Modric money. We wanted to give £23 million for Moutinho back in August, so what's happened to that?

Does the answer reside in 'conspiracy' or we got robbed? That is the only obvious two answers one can come to, no? it is make or break the next few days. We cannot afford to gamble with no in-comings based upon the weaknesses in our squad now to key players and injuries, simple as.

Interesting.............can't remember Jaspers rating on stuff.....seem to remember he is way off?

Of the 4 injuries, Sandro and Defoe are 2. Kaboul poss another. So is it as bad as he says?

Don't think we will replace 4.

This is true but I see it more of a balancing the books exercise. The money we make we spend. The training ground and NDP land grab was expensive. In the general sense we are a rich club that is well run financially. We can afford to take the occasional punt and not put us in jeopardy.

Ah i see.

We spend all the money we make, so we may as well spend more?

Back