• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

With the new TV money and possible Cl qualification there could be decent pool of money come the summer anyway. Levy must learn from previous Jan windows and strengthen our attacking options now.

Its possible but a new CF doesnt guarantee CL qualificaiton. we're also trying to finance a new stadium....

Can always loan someone

If we're going to get someone it has to be a top striker as yes Defoe and Ade might be out for the next couple of weeks but we aren't and certainly shouldn't sign a 7/10 striker just to cover their absence, especialy when we have Dempsey who can play there.

So what top strikers are available for loan?

If we're going to get someone it has to be a top striker as yes Defoe and Ade might be out for the next couple of weeks but we aren't and certainly shouldn't sign a 7/10 striker just to cover their absence, especialy when we have Dempsey who can play there.

Dempsey, as much as I like him, is not a loan front-man type striker. (Despite todays good goal)

Not really ITK but I know someone that is a football agent was speaking to him about Spurs amongst other things he said we have not been active this window and other than holtby he thinks we wont be doing any business

Not really ITK but I know someone that is a football agent was speaking to him about Spurs amongst other things he said we have not been active this window and other than holtby he thinks we wont be doing any business

That makes sense as the players we want the most are just not available in this window. We have probably made a few enquiries, though nothing like Saudi Sportswashing Machine and QPR are doing.

The Cobra on the fighting ****

"Look at both Wanyama and Hooper.

Diame's release fee clause has been met, however Spammers refusing to let us talk. Woolwich are also monitoring him.

Callejon is a loan option if needs be."

Dempsey, as much as I like him, is not a loan front-man type striker. (Despite todays good goal)

I'm not saying that he is, but he's fine to fill in for a couple of games over spending on an average striker just to be a stop gap whilst we are missing Defoe/Ade for a couple of games no?

Diame's release fee clause has been met, however Spammers refusing to let us talk. Woolwich are also monitoring him.

How would that work?

Regardless of what Defoe's hamstring is like, if we're not going to sign a decent CF (and it sppears that we arent - and I dont believe that we have the money to do so) then I'd like us to bring in a CF on loan, even if its someone who is no better than Ade or Defoe, simply so that we have another CF in the squad. We've had far far too many games this year where we havent had a CF on the bench simply because we have no other CFs in the squad. Loan a CF for 6 months and then if we make the CL then we have hte firepower to spend more in teh summer

This would do for me. I realise we arent going to spunk £10m on just any old striker to help out. So a loan like this would be ideal

Which will be greatly assisted by CL qualification

yawn. Thats irrelevant for someone potentially loaning money to the club. Spending £20m on a player doesnt guarantee you CL football but means we lose credibility in the eyes of people who's money we want for the stadium

What good strikers are going to be available on a loan? We would probably end up with any old journey man.

Wonder if Inter would lend us Milito for a bit.

yawn. Thats irrelevant for someone potentially loaning money to the club. Spending £20m on a player doesnt guarantee you CL football but means we lose credibility in the eyes of people who's money we want for the stadium

I've posted before that I'm not convinced that you're entirely correct about this.

Can't be bothered to repeat it here. Was probably in one of the stadium or FFP threads.

If needs be :ross:

We should bite their hand of if they're willing to loan him out ffs.

I said it would assist the stadium, not directly influence it. I'm sure the stadium money is mostly sorted.

No need for the yawn comment

Back