• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
Done - can we possibly sticky this

Casillas

Olsson -- Piszsceck -- Jodlowiec -- Cole

Modric -- Iniesta -- Ozil -- De Jong

Gomez (c) -- Ibrahimovic

Last edited:
Somehow, I do get the feeling this Euro2012 is going to be one of the worst ever. There are simply too many out of form and injury-hit players this time.

My team is:

...........................Neuer...........................
Corluka.......Pique..........Rami........Olsson
...............Modric.....Ozil.....Iniesta.............
..Ibrahimovic....Lewandowski....van Persie

I looked at the fixtures and thought of who could potentially keep cleansheets (defense + gk wise) who could cause damage midfield wise and also who could score striker wise.. You can change up for the next game week so it's quite cool

Took loads of Poles (3 max.) since I think they'd keep a clean sheet against Greece

I originally had Pizczeck in defence but replaced him with Olsson as I think he can be quite dangerous against Ukraine. Definitely had to have Lewandowski though, think he could potentially get a nice few against Greece.

Second week though I'll be replacing Ibra, Modric and probably Corluka

Haven't seen much of Negredo, but is a similar style player to Soldado?

My initial instincts would be that Del Bosque probably has a decent idea of how to put together a squad with different options and players that can function together as a team.

I was actually starting to look forward to the Euros a couple of weeks ago... then fudging Chelsea came along and raped football... now I couldn't give less of a brick, as you know we'll go out on Penalties and Lampard/Cole will both take one and balloon it over!!

He going to get ahead of Cabaye + Mvila?

He's one of the few players that I am genuinely excited to see this tournament but it isn't nailed on that he'll get on the pitch at all, I'd expect M'Vila and Cabaye to play a lot more. With that in mind, ?ú7m and more expensive than the majority of other players in the fantasy league is a bit out of kilter!

Back