• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

I am so enjoying United's (even if temporary) demise ...

Laughing at all the people that thought Moyes was great ...

I knew David Moyes would turn United into a joke.

So I had a bet with my United supporting mate - I bet him 50 that they would't finish in the top four. He took it! AND he bet me an extra 20 that they'd finish in the top two!

So as things stand looks like 70 quid will be mine at the end of the season. \o/

I agree that utd's squad quality was going down hill (but they did win the league at a canter last year with exactly the same players minus a 30m fellaini - fergie's a legend I know, but that is a shocking drop in ability / results)

I had the discussion with a utd mate of mine last week (he goes!), he had the same line as you, moyes not doing great but fergie's left him some ****.

I just think he completely ****ed up the transfer window. Going after fellaini, Baines and fabregas was always going to cost them 100m+ and fabregas was never going to be interested, a complete waste of time. That's down to moyes, I don't for a second think its like spurs where the manager may not always be the one choosing the players, these were undoubtedly moyes' picks.

There's no doubt in my mind that had he gone for Ozil he'd have got him, it was rumored with 2 or 3 weeks left of the window that Ozil would be available and moyes was still looking to get fellaini and fabregas in! He should have gone for Ozil, shaw and Barkley that would have sorted out the areas he was looking to buy in the summer and for less than half the price! It's not even being clever with hindsight as Barkley and shaw were fairly well known to me, let alone someone in the game and someone who actually worked with Barkley for a few years!!

People blaming the new chief exec for not getting players in are missing the point IMO, it was the targets who were wrong and ungettable and that's down to moyes.

I think the supposedly "poor squad" United have gets exaggerated. Carrick, Rafael, De Gea are all quality players. Vidic, Evans, Jones and Evra are all (still) very good players.

Valencia, Nani, Giggs and Young might have seen better days either because of age or a drop in form, but these are all players that should be useful for a top team and that a manager should manage to get something out of.

Van Persie and Rooney are absolutely top class players, Hernandez is also a good player and Welbeck is clearly useful.

Ferguson might not have left Moyes with a new golden generation ready to go, but he certainly didn't leave him a bad side. Look at the squad players essentially all other teams than City and Chelsea have and use.

Fergie talked alot about leaving a young squad with loads of potential that would serve United well in the future. Thing is, I think the only person that could get these players good enough to acctually win it is Fergie himself. I just don't see Moyes being able to get that extra 10/15 % out of the players that old rednose always managed. Players like Welbeck, Jones, Cleverly, Evans and so on doesen't, to me atleast, look like good enough players.

Ferguson wouldn't care that they weren't good enough, he'd force them to be anyway, but I don't think Moyes can.

In addition to that a big part of the squad is getting old/past it. Players like Ferdinand, Vidic, Giggs and Evra are getting really close to their sell on date. Rvp is 30/31 and Rooney can never make up his mind about what he want's to do.

It's going to be very interesting to see what happens at Utd the next coupple of seasons.

Just to add to that. The signing of Fellaini was a really strange one.

I always thought Fellaini was at his best when played just behind the striker, allowing him to use his physicality in and around the box, be a holdup player and use his skills on the ball close to the box. He's good defensively, but far from outstanding, his hard work gave Everton the extra man in midfield, but whilst still having a solid foundation of two central midfielders behind him.

When played as a central midfielder he was obviously also good as he's a very good footballer, but he wasn't (to me) great our outstanding. He wasn't dominant in the same way. In a way it reminds of Yaya Toure who like Fellaini has been called a "defensive midfielder", I think mainly because of their size or something. Both are at their best when breaking forward and getting into the final third. And neither is truly at their best in the deeper role.

United had Rooney and Van Persie, both undroppable. Meaning that there's no real way to get Fellaini into the team playing his best position. And they needed a central midfielder more than anything. They also have other options for those two central front spots in Hernandez, Welbeck, Kagawa, Januzai. All capable of playing with either van Persie or Rooney.

Just a really strange decision overall imo to spend that amount of money on a player that won't be first choice in his favoured position and who won't really help the team improve all that much in the position where he most likely will end up having to play.

far too early to be fair to Moyes on his time at United so far - personally i never rated him half as much as some people did during his time at Everton and to be honest was flabbergasted when United appointed him. on the surface his record at Everton was great but when it was truly scrutinized it didn't stack up so well, imv - abysmal record against the top teams, ugly brand of football, little to no variation in tactics, patchy record when in the position to spend money.

the only reason i think he was given the job at United was because he managed to stay at one club for so long.

I still remain convinced, and I have said since he retired, if Moyes gets the boot at , or before, the end of this season I think Ferguon would certainly make a return. He perhaps wouldn't ask but if they asked if he'd consider it I think he'll have missed football so much that he'd take it up in a heart beat.

I still remain convinced, and I have said since he retired, if Moyes gets the boot at , or before, the end of this season I think Ferguon would certainly make a return. He perhaps wouldn't ask but if they asked if he'd consider it I think he'll have missed football so much that he'd take it up in a heart beat.

I would disagree with that.

I think SAF knew full well that his squad was well past its sell-by date and they won their last League Title purely by his will alone.

He will want to leave his legacy intact, rather than risk humiliation.

I would disagree with that.

I think SAF knew full well that his squad was well past its sell-by date and they won their last League Title purely by his will alone.

He will want to leave his legacy intact, rather than risk humiliation.

Agreed. He's not the man for a rebuilding job the scale of which is needed there at this stage in his life.

I actually think Moyes will do well for them even if they do drop out of top 4 this year.

Agreed. He's not the man for a rebuilding job the scale of which is needed there at this stage in his life.

I actually think Moyes will do well for them even if they do drop out of top 4 this year.

Will be interesting to see how much patience United (both the board and fans) will have with Moyes if that happens. United fans have been going on about how they're different to the clubs sacking their managers for years and years. We'll see how long they keep repeating that mantra after their first away game to the yarkutsk oilers in the Europa league...

BeaHbz8CIAAAx-N.jpg

Personally I think Ferguson played a blinder, the wily old ****.

True, he said he wanted to leave his successor a top squad of players to carry on his legacy best they could, but they were empty words if you ask me. If he really wanted them to continue his success he would have got the best available man for the job in, which was The Annoying One, Jose Moaninho. At the end of the day he would be a guarantee of trophies essentially, whereas Moyes had won **** all at Everton nor shown much sign of doing so. I don't even think he overachieved that much there as others seem to think. They had a lower budget than United, City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and ourselves. Finished above a few of us once or twice but nothing too epic. They had a higher budget than most if not all the teams they consistently finished above. Big deal. He also wasn't anywhere near as good with youth players as some pundits suggested. Who did he bring through in his time at Everton? Just Rooney and, later on, Barkley (and he kept sending him out on loan). They had other talented kids not given a chance.

So I think Ferguson was clever and selfish in that he spouted all this ******** about wanting to give it Moyes for stability reasons and for helping to bring through the youth blah blah blah, because I think he wanted to see Man Utd suffer enough for him to look even better. I doubt he foresaw them finishing outside the top four but he certainly wouldn't have expected Moyes to win them the title, while he knew Mourinho would certainly have kept them there or thereabouts.

I don't rate Moyes that well but the team/squad he inherited wasn't all that.

De Gea - very good, maturing in to a top class keeper
Lindegaard - fine as a backup
Rafael - liability, the amount of horror tackles he makes are risky. Can be good but not in the top echelon of right backs in this league
Fabio - a poor mans Rafael!
Smalling - decent as a centre back with potential to improve, but wouldn't get in the top three's teams
Jones - so overrated it annoys me. Tyler said yesterday in comm "where (position) will he end up?" I'll tell you where - at a bottom half Prem side
Ferdinand - done now isn't he?
Vidic - not quite as finished as Ferdinand but certainly not a top defender
Evans - meh, he's okay but you would want him as a squad option rather than concrete regular as he appears to be at Man Utd
Evra - ha ha he is AWFUL now. Has lost it. Constantly see average wingers get the better of him
Buttner - never was any good
Carrick - class, though I get the feeling he hasn't done as well under Moyes
Fletcher - harsh but I doubt he offers much after suffering the ****s
Fellaini - a pub player in midfield
Cleverley - absolute bombscare of a football player
Valencia - so average it's unreal
Kagawa - good player but doesn't fit in to their negative setup at all
Zaha - costly mistake if you ask me
Januzaj - looks very good, overhyped a bit but certainly been their best player of late
Nani - I like him but I don't think Moyes does because he's quite a flair player...
Welbeck - think he's a decent player to have in your squad, especially as a local youth product
Rooney - obv a top player, but injury prone
van Persie - obv a top player, but injury prone
Hernandez - not that good, will get you goals but he ****s up so many moves he's like the slightly improved Mexican version of Darren Bent

So really Ferguson didn't leave them much in the way of ability, he neglected positions such as midfield to get van Persie for one last shot at the title.

I don't think Moyes is the man to sort out the mess, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Back