• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

Not disagreeing regarding mistakes etc but I dont think that stops him from being world class. I mean if Messi goes on a **** run of 10 games without a goal, missing sitters and just playing out right ****, he won't stop being world class. Casillas is a keeper I think is world class and he cant even get in the Real Madrid team!!!

Messi is widely accepted to be the best player in the world, obviously 10 matches won't change that. Not comparable to Hart's situation at all.

For a goalkeeper consistency and reliability is so important, in the last year or two Joe Hart hasn't had those qualities. If he can overcome those problems he will be world class, until he shows that he can he isn't for me at least.

not in my opinion, we don't have a Yarmolenko or a Lewandowski, we don't have any decent centre backs and we have an eccentric (i.e ****) keeper, our midfield is a mess and our attack is hot and cold, other than Rooney you don't know what you are going to get, both Sturridge and Welbeck showed their propensity to waste chances at important moments

I agree, carry on Roy, as I said, he's done an excellent job and should be applauded but lets not get carried away, this is by far the worst group of players England have had for a very long time

I agree with what you've said there re England's failings, I think there all well accepted now. But what about Ukraine, Poland and Montenegro's weaknesses? They've got way more than us.

I agree with what you've said there re England's failings, I think there all well accepted now. But what about Ukraine, Poland and Montenegro's weaknesses? They've got way more than us.

i honestly don't think there is a lot in it, i think we overate players we see every week and underrate those we see rarely, to use Montenegro as an example, who would you rather have up front Vucinic and Jovetic or Welbeck and Sturridge

i must say, well done England, job done, i thought we would finish 3rd when the groups were drawn so to win the group the unbeaten you have to say Hodgson has pulled off a minor miracle, 3 match party in Brazil next summer without any expectation or pressure should be very enjoyable

Really? Against that lot? I don't rate England that highly, but as soon as I saw the group my first thoughts were "cakewalk".

i honestly don't think there is a lot in it, i think we overate players we see every week and underrate those we see rarely, to use Montenegro as an example, who would you rather have up front Vucinic and Jovetic or Welbeck and Sturridge

But, again, your cherry picking the best players from that side, what about the same comparisons all over the team or squad even?

But, again, your cherry picking the best players from that side, what about the same comparisons all over the team or squad even?

thats what I mean, I don't see much in it, certainly between us, Ukraine and Poland, Montenegro there is a greater gap across the squad but they are much stronger going forward which goes some way to evening it up

Basically what I'm getting at is, if we list out the teams from each of the 4 decent countries in our group and then made a combined team (that old chestnut) it would favour England and then if you were to go one step further and compare the squads it would only emphasize that point.

I am not saying England are great or over rating them or anything like that, I'm just saying that compared to our group we were quite rightly huge favourites to finish top. Luckily for us we got a nice group. We did what was expected, well done Roy and team. Now let's hope for another nice group in the tournament.

Our Lillywhite Red Devils on their way to Brazil 2014...

A5815_zps8e33bfce.jpg

Back