• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

Lots of potential but the fantastic thing about AT as opposed to the Ox is that AT delivered real chances, a real goal.
And of course even if they start doubling up on him the other guys will take advantage because AT always gets the ball to a teammate.

I think we've grown as a team through the qualification process. A number of players coming through to prominence including Townsend, Barkley and Sturridge amongst others who may go on to make a name for themselves at the World Cup.

I know Sturridge was about before but he's improved greatly over the past six months.

I think Hart is problematic. He was lucky earlier tonight. He threatens to make more mistakes than he pulls off great saves. No side wins the World Cup with a poor keeper but we were never going to win the World Cup anyway.

I think we've grown as a team through the qualification process. A number of players coming through to prominence including Townsend, Barkley and Sturridge amongst others who may go on to make a name for themselves at the World Cup.

I know Sturridge was about before but he's improved greatly over the past six months.

I think Hart is problematic. He was lucky earlier tonight. He threatens to make more mistakes than he pulls off great saves. No side wins the World Cup with a poor keeper but we were never going to win the World Cup anyway.

Hart isn't a 'poor keeper' though. On his day he is World Class, but also he can make mistakes.

In that case, Brazil won the World Cup with Marcos. France won the World Cup with Barthez. just from recent World Cups

Maybe that point was wrong. I think Barthez was a good keeper for France though. Even if he made mistakes during his time at Manchester United.

I'm not sure that Hart is World Class. If Hart can be World Class on his day then I'd hate to know how many other players can be World Class 'on their day'.

I'm still saying quarter finals will be a good achievement. Let's just see if we can do that and take it from there.

would be same old same old but I that is OUR level and it would be a good achievement.

International football seems to be real strong right now. Spain, Germany, Brazil, Argentina all have an embarassment of riches in depth. You have Belgium who have a riculous depth, Colombia who are going through a golden generation. I mean i'd say our squad is on par with Italy yet they got to the final of Euro 2012!

Maybe that point was wrong. I think Barthez was a good keeper for France though. Even if he made mistakes during his time at Manchester United.

I'm not sure that Hart is World Class. If Hart can be World Class on his day then I'd hate to know how many other players can be World Class 'on their day'.

I've seen it with my own eyes. His performance at WHL a few years ago was the best goalkeeping display I have seen in my life.

Mido's debut for us v Portsmouth was the best debut I've seen live. Mido was not World Class and yet, on that showing he was.

would be same old same old but I that is OUR level and it would be a good achievement.

International football seems to be real strong right now. Spain, Germany, Brazil, Argentina all have an embarassment of riches in depth. You have Belgium who have a riculous depth, Colombia who are going through a golden generation. I mean i'd say our squad is on par with Italy yet they got to the final of Euro 2012!

I hope he sticks with Baines at LB. Him and Townsend caused big problems for Poland.

Mido's debut for us v Portsmouth was the best debut I've seen live. Mido was not World Class and yet, on that showing he was.

but Mido wasnt and has never been hailed as world class. Joe Hart has been hailed that at times. His goalkeeping performance against us WAS World Class, on that day he was world class, that was his day. Mido is ****.

I'd take Baines and Shaw to the World Cup, show some balls.

Would love to see us sign Luke Shaw.

On an unrelated note, did anyone else see Terry Butcher poke fun at Gerrard about how dull he is? Don't get me wrong, Gerrard was brilliant tonight but he could do with a personality transplant.

Would love to see us sign Luke Shaw.

On an unrelated note, did anyone else see Terry Butcher poke fun at Gerrard about how dull he is? Don't get me wrong, Gerrard was brilliant tonight but he could do with a personality transplant.

Like I said, I'd spend BIG money to bring Shaw here. What a ****ing world class player he will be.

but Mido wasnt and has never been hailed as world class. Joe Hart has been hailed that at times. His goalkeeping performance against us WAS World Class, on that day he was world class, that was his day. Mido is ****.

I said Mido wasn't World Class. Mido was far from ****, he was a good player who had more ability than he realised due to a combination of fitness and attitude.

I don't think Joe Hart is a World Class keeper. I know he has had his days but within the past few seasons, I'd question has he really been World Class on a consistent basis?

If you think he has been and his mistakes can be overlooked then we'll never agree on this and I think it's pointless going backwards and forwards with it.

[video=youtube;sP4L-VUn_hs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4L-VUn_hs[/video]

He was 23.

World class.

Anyway...Villa away on Sunday

Saturday 19 October

Saudi Sportswashing Machine V Liverpool
12:45
Arsenal V Norwich
15:00
Chelsea V Cardiff
Everton V Hull
Man Utd V Southampton
Stoke V West Brom
Swansea V Sunderland
West Ham V Emirates Marketing Project

Saudi Sportswashing Machine vs. Liverpool - draw
Arsenal vs. Norwich - home
Chelsea vs. Cardiff - home
Everton vs. Hull - draw
Man Utd vs. Southampton - home
Stoke vs. West Brom - draw
Swansea vs. Sunderland - home
West Ham vs. Emirates Marketing Project - away

But the point is that I don't think he's World Class now, not that I don't think he has been.

I don't think he's a great keeper at all. He has been making mistakes and conceding soft goals for a while now so he can't be judged as World Class at the moment. Whether he's still capable of it is debatable, we'll see. He needs to perform consistently at a high level before I'll rate him again as World class.

Back