• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

personally I want to see the best in the world at World Cups, that includes Ronaldo.

Plenty of surprises in the World Cup already. Portugal are a team that got far at Euro 2012 and if werent so silly as to not have Ronaldo take the last penalty, probably would have knocked Spain out.

often the most highly rated players do not perform at the world cups, ronaldo is on a par with rooney for that

often the most highly rated players do not perform at the world cups, ronaldo is on a par with rooney for that

Ronaldos first World Cup was at 21, when he wasn't near the player he is today. He helped his team top their group, helped them on their way to beating Holland before the infamous game with England and the 'wink' before knocking us out on penalties. Lost to France in the semis but not a bad overall finish.

His second World Cup was in 2010, arguably the best footballer in the world at this time, never quite happened for him though, or Portugal. He seems to perform better at Euros, but being in Brazil where his language is spoken, perhaps he'll shine, I hope he does.

Not really sure why youve put Rooney there though, Rooney isn't anywhere near Ronaldos level and never will be. You'd think youd just put him on par with Messi when it comes to not performign at World Cups.

Roma keeping up immense form at the moment. 1-0 up at half time vs. Napoli thanks to this beauty.

[video=youtube;BANvsKhjte8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BANvsKhjte8[/video]

Ronaldos first World Cup was at 21, when he wasn't near the player he is today. He helped his team top their group, helped them on their way to beating Holland before the infamous game with England and the 'wink' before knocking us out on penalties. Lost to France in the semis but not a bad overall finish.

His second World Cup was in 2010, arguably the best footballer in the world at this time, never quite happened for him though, or Portugal. He seems to perform better at Euros, but being in Brazil where his language is spoken, perhaps he'll shine, I hope he does.

Not really sure why youve put Rooney there though, Rooney isn't anywhere near Ronaldos level and never will be. You'd think youd just put him on par with Messi when it comes to not performign at World Cups.

I put rooney in there because he is another highly rated player who has not delivered, obviously he is not in ronaldos class.

Roma looking very good i hope they win the league this season they play some very unitalian football.

frink.gif

Isn't this particularly true for the younger superstars though? A lot of them seem unable to deal with the pressure, but with experience a lot of them turn it around it seems to me and deliver good tournaments starting somewhere around their mid to late twenties.

Looking at the golden ball winners (and runners up) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Cup_awards) I think it illustrates that a lot of the stars in these big tournaments have been relatively experienced players that have been at a world cup before. And a lot of them have been very highly rated players indeed.

I'm not saying that there aren't exceptions of course.

I wouldn't be surprised to see players like Rooney, Ronaldo and Messi put in very good performances at the World Cup in Brazil and to see some of the most highly rated young up and coming superstar struggle a bit more.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine; Krul; Debuchy,Yanga-Mbiwa, Williamson, Santon; Cabaye, Tiote (c), Sissoko; Gouffran, Ben Arfa, Remy

Liverpool; Mignolet, Johnson, Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel, Sakho, Henderson, Gerrard (c), Moses, Suarez, Sturridge

That Saudi Sportswashing Machine defence is what nightmares are made of. Can only see a Liverpool win here

Saudi Sportswashing Machine; Krul; Debuchy,Yanga-Mbiwa, Williamson, Santon; Cabaye, Tiote (c), Sissoko; Gouffran, Ben Arfa, Remy

Liverpool; Mignolet, Johnson, Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel, Sakho, Henderson, Gerrard (c), Moses, Suarez, Sturridge

That Saudi Sportswashing Machine defence is what nightmares are made of. Can only see a Liverpool win here
I concur.

Does anyone else think that Tiote is a shockingly bad footballer? For a DM type he ball watches continuously IMO.

Can see Liverpool coming back to win against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Suarez will always give them that extra boost to win such matches.

This game looked promising in terms of Liverpool dropping points, but no chance of that now. Horrible defending by Saudi Sportswashing Machine, and a breaindead decision by Mbiwa. First Tiote just walks out from a position in behind his defense, and then Mbiwa does that. It always annoys the hell out of me when defenders does something like that. Just let the man finish. He might score, but at least your team is not a man down for the rest of the game. Plain stupidity.

Back