• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

But the point is that I don't think he's World Class now, not that I don't think he has been.

I don't think he's a great keeper at all. He has been making mistakes and conceding soft goals for a while now so he can't be judged as World Class at the moment. Whether he's still capable of it is debatable, we'll see. He needs to perform consistently at a high level before I'll rate him again as World class.

Not disagreeing regarding mistakes etc but I dont think that stops him from being world class. I mean if Messi goes on a **** run of 10 games without a goal, missing sitters and just playing out right ****, he won't stop being world class. Casillas is a keeper I think is world class and he cant even get in the Real Madrid team!!!

But the point is that I don't think he's World Class now, not that I don't think he has been.

I don't think he's a great keeper at all. He has been making mistakes and conceding soft goals for a while now so he can't be judged as World Class at the moment. Whether he's still capable of it is debatable, we'll see. He needs to perform consistently at a high level before I'll rate him again as World class.

+1

Even our own Gomes has the ability to be world class on his day. Hart has done well in the last couple of games for England but he's been well dodgy for Emirates Marketing Project this season and wasn't the best last season either.

Just seen that Denmark miss out on World Cup, thats a shame!

I'm amazed that they finished below Bulgaria. Bulgaria seem to be a poor side these days, defeated away to Armenia only recently. Shame that Eriksen won't get to play at the World Cup.

Not disagreeing regarding mistakes etc but I dont think that stops him from being world class. I mean if Messi goes on a **** run of 10 games without a goal, missing sitters and just playing out right ****, he won't stop being world class. Casillas is a keeper I think is world class and he cant even get in the Real Madrid team!!!

He will stop being World Class in those games. Question marks would be raised over his form. If he continued to play on and off like that then his reputation would be reduced. Ronaldo would be recognised as the best player and so Messi's decline would start.

Public perception is what would keep Messi 'World Class' during lean spells, or at least highly rated. People would expect him to return to form but would he really be World Class during that spell? No, of course not, you've just said that he was playing ****.

I'm amazed that they finished below Bulgaria. Bulgaria seem to be a poor side these days, defeated away to Armenia only recently. Shame that Eriksen won't get to play at the World Cup.

Denmark finished in 2nd place, ahead of Bulgaria and Czech Rep. but miss out as the poorest 2nd place team. Looking at their results shows they were shyte at home, only getting 1 win against Malta and even got thrashed 0-4 at home by Armenia. Their poor home results ultimately cost them. Too bad for Eriksen.

Ah, had a quick look at a league table that had them in third behind Bulgaria. Guess the table hadn't been updated :oops:

Denmark finished in 2nd place, ahead of Bulgaria and Czech Rep. but miss out as the poorest 2nd place team. Looking at their results shows they were shyte at home, only getting 1 win against Malta and even got thrashed 0-4 at home by Armenia. Their poor home results ultimately cost them. Too bad for Eriksen.

Bad for him, good for us.. No big clubs sniffing around after decent world cup, nice summer off for him ready for pre season.. Young enough to get a couple of cracks at it in future..

i must say, well done England, job done, i thought we would finish 3rd when the groups were drawn so to win the group the unbeaten you have to say Hodgson has pulled off a minor miracle, 3 match party in Brazil next summer without any expectation or pressure should be very enjoyable

i must say, well done England, job done, i thought we would finish 3rd when the groups were drawn so to win the group the unbeaten you have to say Hodgson has pulled off a minor miracle, 3 match party in Brazil next summer without any expectation or pressure should be very enjoyable

Don't bet on it. The English media always makes England the "favourite" for any tournament.:lol:

Why would you think we'd finish 3rd? Our players are FAR better than anything the others in our group had, we came where we should have in terms of quality. I know getting the team to perform / gel is different but **** me it's the minimum expectation when you employ a coach. The last couple of games were very encouraging for me, carry on Roy.

Why would you think we'd finish 3rd? Our players are FAR better than anything the others in our group had, we came where we should have in terms of quality. I know getting the team to perform / gel is different but **** me it's the minimum expectation when you employ a coach. The last couple of games were very encouraging for me, carry on Roy.

This. We were the best rated team, with the best players in the group. Our expectation should have been to top the group and we did top the group! A good job in achieving the target but no more than we were striving to achieve.

Hodgson never looks like a football manager to me but he's doing a good job thus far. I hope he continues the way that he's going now.

not in my opinion, we don't have a Yarmolenko or a Lewandowski, we don't have any decent centre backs and we have an eccentric (i.e ****) keeper, our midfield is a mess and our attack is hot and cold, other than Rooney you don't know what you are going to get, both Sturridge and Welbeck showed their propensity to waste chances at important moments

I agree, carry on Roy, as I said, he's done an excellent job and should be applauded but lets not get carried away, this is by far the worst group of players England have had for a very long time

It is a topsy turvy affair in Concacaf WC qualifier. First Panama were in-Mexico were going out, then Panama were out-Mexico were back in it, then again Mexico were going out-Panama were in, but now Mexico are in-Panama going out. Still 15 mins to go. Poor Mexico fans. They must be tensed up right now.

Last edited:
Now Mexico going out again. Thought the Americans had some pride but to deliberately lose to Panama to put Mexico out is a disgrace.

Such a disgrace, what with America winning 3-2 and all.

Okay, maybe the Americans do have some pride left.:lol:
But it is really strange they scored 2 goals in injury time to win 3-2. Wonder how many documents Mexico were forced by the Americans to sign in return.:-"

If the Mexico fans are as passionate as they used to be, this team will be pelted with rotten eggs and tomatoes when they return home. They are a disgrace to Mexican football, especially Hernandez. If Mexico do beat New Zealand in the play-off to go to WC, they should give ultimatum to Hernandez that he should leave ManU to find regular football or he will be dropped..

[video=youtube;sP4L-VUn_hs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4L-VUn_hs[/video]

He was 23.

World class.

I remember watching that first half and thinking what the **** have we got to do to beat this kid. Arguably one of the best goalkeeping performances i have witnessed. Another was some keeper in the Spanish league (can't remember what team it was now) against Barca 2 seasons ago it was phenomenal.

Back