• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

You'd think so. I can't imagine the Arsenal board rejecting 10-15m for him just to prove a point and let him walk away for free next year. Arsenal fans must be getting used to being City's feeder club by now.

10-15m now or keep him and he'll help them earn CL football next season earning the club 30m+ before leaving on a free.

I imagine the money they'll earn from getting CL will be his less than the wages they'd be paying for him the next year.

10-15m now or keep him and he'll help them earn CL football next season earning the club 30m+ before leaving on a free.

Keep him for his final year and watch him cruise through the season and cause unrest in the dressing room.

You don't release a statement like he has and want to see out your contract. He wants out now otherwise he'd of just kept quiet and run the contract down not alienating fans and the board in the process.

I'd assume Dzeko would be another striker on the rebound should RVP sign - any takers?

I think he's a good player with - altough might not be what AVB is looking for his system

I imagine as soon as Adebayor comes to us, City will go for van persie

I think City and all other interested clubs are already going for van Persie. These things take time though.

How much did they end up getting for Nasri? He was younger and not as injury prone, but also not as important to the club as van Persie.

Keep him for his final year and watch him cruise through the season and cause unrest in the dressing room.

You don't release a statement like he has and want to see out your contract. He wants out now otherwise he'd of just kept quiet and run the contract down not alienating fans and the board in the process.

Yeah, but also you don't cruise through your last contractual season knowing the clubs that are potentially going to be taking you on are watching...

(I do agree he's likely gone, just playing devils advocate =P)

AxYwx7JCEAAuAv4.jpg

I'm starting to think this situation will end up like Rooney's did i.e. he'll get a much improved contract and stay at the club.

Arsenal fans say now that they won't forgive him, but I'm sure they'll think twice when he starts banging the goals in.

I'd assume Dzeko would be another striker on the rebound should RVP sign - any takers?

I think he's a good player with - altough might not be what AVB is looking for his system

I think I saw Dzeko linked with Milan in the rags which is plausible. Actually I don't think we saw the best of Dzeko in the PL.

Emirates Marketing Project - Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli, RVP = Scary.

I'm starting to think this situation will end up like Rooney's did i.e. he'll get a much improved contract and stay at the club.

Arsenal fans say now that they won't forgive him, but I'm sure they'll think twice when he starts banging the goals in.

I don't think it exactly the same, because Man Utd are in the hunt for the PL every year whereas Arsenal are not. Rooney probably never intended to leave whereas RVP wants a few medals before he retires as much as anything else. And after that statement on his website he won't be welcome back by anybody at Arsenal. He's gone I think.

I don't think it exactly the same, because Man Utd are in the hunt for the PL every year whereas Arsenal are not. Rooney probably never intended to leave whereas RVP wants a few medals before he retires as much as anything else. And after that statement on his website he won't be welcome back by anybody at Arsenal. He's gone I think.

Rooney made a statement criticising the club IIRC. At first they booed him, but the Old Trafford faithful eventually forgave him.

I genuiely believe Rooney would have gone to Emirates Marketing Project if they had put a formal bid in for him.

Rooney made a statement criticising the club IIRC. At first they booed him, but the Old Trafford faithful eventually forgave him.

I genuiely believe Rooney would have gone to Emirates Marketing Project if they had put a formal bid in for him.

Not unlike how Liverpool fans eventually forgave Gerrard for wanting to go to Chelsea, although some of them hold a grudge to this day they accepted that he was great for the club. Just like we accepted Modric and his outburst last season and like most of us would forgive Berbatov if he returned.

No doubt at all that the scum fans would forgive RvP in a heartbeat. However, staying seems like a really bad idea for him.

RVP is gone, for several reasons

1. He has to make the best of his great year last year, his big chance for payday/club of choice.
2. He best of all knows the Scum is not going to change their policy, become anything more than what they are now (a club who's entire ambition is 3rd/4th place)
3. The Scum may think that playing him out and getting him to help them retain a CL spot sounds good fiscally, reality based on his injury record? he'll probably get injured two games in and miss the season.

The Scum know the best deal now is to sell him for as much money as they can squeeze out of him. City most likely target, but they will probably want to get Dzeko/Ade and a couple others off the wage bill (believe they have 7 strikers still on books).

Well Modric released a pretty similar statement last year IIRC, something along the lines of Levy had given him a gentleman's agreement that he could go, and he now wants to go but he's reneged on that agreement. Yet he stayed and had a good season for us, so it's certainly possible. If Arsenal decide it's in their best interests to keep him for the rest of the contract then I'd imagine he'd still play for them and bang in the goals this season.

Gooners worldwide are praying the recent sky sports news report that Robin wasn't fully aware of his statements content/and possibility it's a Roooney style ploy for more bangers ..... Scumbags are welcoming him back in droves

Emirates Marketing Project - Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli, RVP = Scary.

I think that Tevez will be gone before the summer is over too, the guy is trouble and I think that Mancini only accepted him back because they needed him.

RVP has put his house up for sale and taken his kid out of school - this according to a punter in my shop who is a gooner. I know the name of his road too but should I put it on here???? :)

Wasn't it RVP's Dad who said that RVP wouldn't play for another PL club? I suppose it depends if anyone else comes in for him.

Back