• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Interesting to see Arsenal fans reaction to Van Persie announcing he wants to leave. They have always slated us for our treatment of Campbell, and we got fudge all for him! At least they have the option of getting some money for him.

The reason that RVP and other top players like him have chosen to exercise their freedom to move in recent years is because of Arsenal's behaviour in tapping up Campbell 11 years ago.

The boot is now on the other foot. I'm enjoying it. You reap what you sow and this has been a long time coming.

The reason that RVP and other top players like him have chosen to exercise their freedom to move in recent years is because of Arsenal's behaviour in tapping up Campbell 11 years ago.

The boot is now on the other foot. I'm enjoying it. You reap what you sow and this has been a long time coming.

Excellent point, and one I'm looking forward to baiting Arsenal fans with.

A Spam Fan said:
Arsenal FC will still be here. I admire this club to no end, you're the only respectable top club in England. You literally have no ***** on your team, you've got so many likable players and you do things right.

If I had to pick 1 club I'd like West Ham to emulate, it'd be Arsenal FC. I don't want to buy trophies with foreign oil money; I want a club that values personality, morale and dignity. And that, to me, is what Arsenal FC is all about.

Arsenal fan:

The fact is, very few people understand how special a club Arsenal are. Wenger achieves miracles every season considering the ratio of money spent to league position. Arsenal have a brand new stadium (one of the best in the world), a growing fan base, champagne football, and a young team which cost nothing and is only growing in terms of value. Arsenal are the premier club in England; there's no doubt about that. Everyone else might be winning now, but with the course the club is headed on (making money and regenerating the team until something is won) it'll be the biggest club in Europe. No debts, able to pay good wages, play attractive football in a beautiful stadium, for a world-class manager… how many clubs are like that? United are £400m in debt; Chelsea and City are clubs destined to fall apart with their mercenary players and unsustainable spending… that's the big picture. Short-term success is sacrificed, but ultimately it'll all go Arsenal's way. Mark my words.

'
Arsenal FC will still be here. I admire this club to no end, you're the only respectable top club in England. You literally have no ***** on your team, you've got so many likable players and you do things right.

If I had to pick 1 club I'd like West Ham to emulate, it'd be Arsenal FC. I don't want to buy trophies with foreign oil money; I want a club that values personality, morale and dignity. And that, to me, is what Arsenal FC is all about.

Dear GHod, make the dry heaving stop....

Arsenal fan:

I love reading things like that. Really shows the deluded views one can make based on a favoured bias towards somthing they associate themselves with.

Let them be. Only part of that I would agree with is Whinger doing a good job most seasons considering the cost/spend and players coming in and out. The rest however is a load of rubbish and with clubs like City in the money it will only get harder for them over time to maintain their usual spot in the league.

Arsenal fan:

The fact is, very few people understand how special a club Arsenal are. Wenger achieves miracles every season considering the ratio of money spent to league position. Arsenal have a brand new stadium (one of the best in the world), a growing fan base, champagne football, and a young team which cost nothing and is only growing in terms of value. Arsenal are the premier club in England; there's no doubt about that. Everyone else might be winning now, but with the course the club is headed on (making money and regenerating the team until something is won) it'll be the biggest club in Europe. No debts, able to pay good wages, play attractive football in a beautiful stadium, for a world-class manager… how many clubs are like that? United are £400m in debt; Chelsea and City are clubs destined to fall apart with their mercenary players and unsustainable spending… that's the big picture. Short-term success is sacrificed, but ultimately it'll all go Arsenal's way. Mark my words.

About half of that is wrong, hyperbole or sentiment.

The other half has elements of truth to it.

Originally Posted by A Spam Fan

West Ham fans love shooting their load over Arsenal don't they?!

Originally Posted by A Spam Fan

West Ham fans love shooting their load over Arsenal don't they?!
Every club has it's idiot - we may have a few here. Looking at general media and press I'd say Man United fans do the same over us?

Rumours on Twitter of £13m + villa. Would be a horrible deal for Barca if true, which I'm almost certain its not.

Lol!!!!!! Villa plus cash?? Lol!!!!!!!! They rate villa at 100 million. They'll take RVP for less than 10 million if they want.

What we want is RVP leaving the day before the season starts, leave them in as much crap as possible
The RVP situation has gone a bit cold , will he be playing contract out , has anyone formally come in for him.... I think juvenile and 8 mill is a pipe dream .

I imagine as soon as Adebayor comes to us, City will go for van persie

You'd think so. I can't imagine the Arsenal board rejecting 10-15m for him just to prove a point and let him walk away for free next year. Arsenal fans must be getting used to being City's feeder club by now.

Back