• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Warnie did a tutorial before today's coverage on spin bowling strategy. Was great insight.

Licing having him on the commentary. One of the greatest cricket minds.

When Lyon is taking 5 wickets on this pitch you know you've batted pathetically.

Lower order embarrassing again.

All set up for a spinner to win the game for you blokes tho.

Poor old Swanny. He could have been a hero but he couldn't be arsed.

In fact, I take it back its not the fault of the lower order. The whole batting lineup has been embarrassed, when the top order plays so poorly you can't blame the tail enders.

Warner and Watson could take this away from us in the rest of this session. Warner the key wicket

I dunno. I think your partially right. Bresnan and Broad can bat and it's the tails job, when the top order has not delivered, to hang around and support the last standing recognized batsman.

You can only afford maybe 2 donkeys in your batting line up. 7, 8 & 9 should at least know how to defend their wicket. Just because Carberry and Bell especially let the side down doesn't excuse Broad and Bresnan.

5 wickets for 6 runs lol

Shaping up nicely in SA, century for Kallis in his final test would be a nice way to go out. Jadeja looks better by the match, will be a big star in the future.

Cook's given up. The commentators here were having a good laugh at his field placings. Never had any intention of trying to win this match, and I've been saying it for ages - he is no captain.

Just seen the Brett Lee bowling to Piers Morgan in the nets.

As much as I utterly detest Morgan, Lee bowling bodyline at him was ridiculous. He was literally aiming at Morgan's head, nowhere near a line at the stumps. Crazy.

As much as I utterly detest Morgan, Lee bowling bodyline at him was ridiculous. He was literally aiming at Morgan's head, nowhere near a line at the stumps. Crazy.

That kind of weak attitude is why England are being **** raped during this series.. Not up for the fight one bit.

Cook is so dull in his captaincy and makes some crazy decisions. New batsmen coming in and one slip and 3 out on the boundary etc.

Craziest one is Root bowling ahead of Panesar.

He deserves it, some of the tripe Morgan comes out with is criminal at times.

England are like any great team in decline, stuck at the crossroads. It would be in my opinion wrong to get rid of the man that made the team great - Andy Flower. The guy has masterminded the change of English cricket, we are just now having to get ready for the next dawn and it will come.

Superted;486773[B said:
]Cook's given up.[/B] The commentators here were having a good laugh at his field placings. Never had any intention of trying to win this match, and I've been saying it for ages - he is no captain.

Sounds about right me to me. Although I had similar thoughts on Strauss at one time, and he did ok.....

Not surprised in the least considering how he was aiming at the body/head and not the stumps.

To be fair bowlers target the ribs and head in a match. Morgan had come out and questioned the courage of England players, I'm glad he got a working over.

Im surprised he wasn't wearing something to protect his chest and ribs. In Brett Lee's defence, Morgan was just trying to get out of the way by walking leg side and Lee followed him.

Back