• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Just a quick mention of Kallis, arguably the greatest all rounder ever retiring. What a loss he will be for SA. Awesome batter, bowler and a heck of a slip fielder to add in to the mix. Great way to go out with a century in his final match.

Also Anderson got the fastest century ever today, 36 balls. Knocked up 14 sixes in all. Wish I'd watched the game. Ryder also got the 6th fastest century ever himself in the same match but will go by without barely a mention. WC 2015 is shaping up nicely.

England haven't got any wickets LBW the whole series. That's terrible.

Oops...

Anderson to Watson, OUT, fuller delivery and this nips back to strike the pad right in front of off stump absolutely plumb lbw and England strike right on the stroke of lunch. That's their first leg before dismissal of the entire series! Stone dead that, nipped back to take the big front pad and it would have crashed into middle and leg

Well that was another painfully long tail wag by Australia, finally all out for 326 having been on the ropes at 97-5 ](*,)

@bbctms: Australia's scores when 5 wickets down in series. 100/5 which became 295. 257/5 became 570. 143/5 became 385. 112 became 204. Today 97/5

@C_Tragheim:
1st innings - first four tests
First 5 wickets AUS 612, ENG 596 (+16)
Last 5 wickets AUS 842, ENG 218 (+624)
@CricketAus @TheBarmyArmy KEY.

Last edited:
On the radio they said that Aus runs scored when Haddin was in bat was 46% of our overall runs. For a #7 wickie/batsman, that's crazy.

That's why even with Johnson on fire, Haddin has won us this series.

On the radio they said that Aus runs scored when Haddin was in bat was 46% of our overall runs. For a #7 wickie/batsman, that's crazy.

Without doubt player of the series. Has been on absolute fire and dragged Australia back from the brink several times.

@C_Tragheim:

That first 5 wickets stat is interesting considering that there have been comments that your top order has let you down.

I guess ours have only performed in patches as well. Warner for me is hit and miss. Rogers is not a convincing opener. Watson has gotten better but still liable to brain farts. Baileys done nothing. Don't expect to see him again.

Absolutely. Sadly I think Johnson will get the award, its been all about Haddin. The gulf in quality between him and Prior has been astronomical, swap them and England could have won this series.

As you say Bailey has done nothing. Saw a good comment early that Bailey has a ridiculously high chat to runs ratio :)

England bringing in Boyd Rankin above Tremlett is a strange one for me...totally strange.

I see a new dawn for England though, plenty of talent out there for the future, we just played safe this series and got our arses kicked.

I would take the captains armband from Cook, mainly to get his runs back...

and give it to who? Only options are really Broad or Bell. Rest are out of form, too young or may well retire soon.

Well that was another painfully long tail wag by Australia, finally all out for 326 having been on the ropes at 97-5 ](*,)

@bbctms: Australia's scores when 5 wickets down in series. 100/5 which became 295. 257/5 became 570. 143/5 became 385. 112 became 204. Today 97/5

@C_Tragheim:

I had no idea it was that bad, really puts it into perspective how shocking we've batted. Even the likes of Johnson and Harris have had respectable scores.

and give it to who? Only options are really Broad or Bell. Rest are out of form, too young or may well retire soon.

Bob Willis was asked the same question, said Broad is too much of a hothead to be captain and that he would use the referral system every time he appealed for lbw and the umpire didn't give it.

England been a shambles on this tour reminds me of the Pakistan series couple of years ago in Dubai they were on a slightly less woeful than this .

Back