• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

can i just apologise to the people of australia for the insult the ECB made to you by sending this shower of ****e to waste your teams time in this series, it is without shadow of doubt the worst performance by any group of english sportsmen ever

hopefully we'll have a group of players worthy of playing in the ashes next time we meet

We dominated Australia for a few years and I loved it. I will take this on the chin and I think its the wake up call we need anyway.

Beware the wounded beast

fatally wounded id say, if i had my way they wouldn't be allowed back in the country let alone to play for the test side again

I am not actually that bothered, like I said we have ruled the roost for a while and probably need a cleansing process to start again.

This team is at the end of an era and the new guard will come in and take over

can i just apologise to the people of australia for the insult the ECB made to you by sending this shower of ****e to waste your teams time in this series, it is without shadow of doubt the worst performance by any group of english sportsmen ever

hopefully we'll have a group of players worthy of playing in the ashes next time we meet

I think its a close call between this tour party and Flintoff's disaster for worst performance down under.....
Too many players think they have a right play, after Priors poor summer he should have been made to win back his place, others also. They should do a Mourinho and have 2 players for each position, the guy in form gets the shirt, too many of them turn up and play for themselves not the team.

Maybe some competition in there might get them playing with more pride..... dare is say it maybe getting an English coach in there might get them playing with more passion...... just a thought.

Cook has to play, despite his poor form. Carberry deserves to keep his place for the rest of the tour. Root needs to be persevered with and Bell is a class act so should stay. KP can **** off, I'm fed up of him playing stupid, arrogant shots and then saying "that's just the way I play" when he gets out. He should play to the situation not to his ego. A stupid dismissal every now and again is fine, but he's thrown his wicket away 5 times this series. Stokes was a surprise call up but he batted very well and will keep his place. Prior will have to play because Bairstow is not a test match keeper or batsman so I'd rather persevere with someone out of form that someone who is frankly not good enough. Broad will probably sit out with his injury, so I'd play Finn or Rankin and just accept that they may go for runs, and I'd also consider not playing a spinner and bringing in an extra seamer.

You stay classy Swanny

ENGLISH cricketer Graeme Swann has sparked outrage after comparing his side's Ashes defeat to being "a***-raped."

The bowler made the comments on Facebook in a conversation with his brother, Alec, who had remarked that he had just seen English indie band Shed Seven in Northampton.

Two hours later, Swann, 34, responded to the comment, saying "Rather have been there than being a***-raped in Perth."

Good match going on in SA, Kohli got yet another century. Don't see us winning this series though but never know. Got a nice young team that's developing well together.

Back