• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Commentators keep talking about the cracks, I don't know why the batsmen would even think about them. If one hits a crack and gets you then so be it, nothing you can do. No reason to worry about something which neither side can control.

The pathetic shots we've played to give away wickets on the other hand...

I knew Cricinfo were good for stats but didn't realise you could do queries like that. Awesome.

Just ran it for India and they only had 3 above 45 in same period (last 2 years).

SA have 5 above above 45.

Australia only have 3 and 2 of those are retired (Ponting and Hussey)

It's not really been what you'd term a golden age for cricket generally over the last 2/3 years - some of the greats in decline and a few retirements as well. Possibly related to growth of 20/20?

Interesting, I didn't look at other countries. I'm not sure if its 20/20, maybe its something to do with the pitches being prepared.

I consider 40 the minimum average for a batsman to keep his place, 45 is a solid average and 50 is where you get the world class players.

Thinking about it, I think the retirements are key. With the likes of Hussey, Ponting for Australia and a number of Indian greats like Sachin and Dravid we've lost a few all time greats who carry a big load for thier team and the next generation needs time to settle in to test cricket.

Last edited:
Root played well but again getting out to a ball he really didnt have to play at. The same dismissal has cost him his wicket a few times.

Australia only need a couple of good balls to bowl England out, and at the moment we only bat 5 deep anyway.

Warner is such a grade a ****. He really is. None of them have any class (Warne has apparently arranged an Ashes celebration party for tonight already) but hes such a thick bogan cretin.
Someone will chin him one day and he'll deserve it.

Thats something I didnt think id hear at tea on the 4th day of the 3rd test on December 16th

Australia need 7 wickets to win the ashes !!!

Yikes

Massive credit to them again, they have ground us into the dirt again

The bloke is a bell end, why play that shot with the fielder out..

Stokes and Bell look good, at 22 Stokes could be a real player

They do look good, a couple risky shots they've got away with but other than that they scored well.

I'm still not sure Stokes is a #6, I'd like to see him play in place of Bresnan at #8 and see Ballance come in. Bell up to 3 with Root and Pietersen dropping down one.

Just as I'm saying that, looks like Bell is gone. Shame.

Johnson takes a huge chunk out of the turf on a slide, looks ok. Don't wanna see anyone get injured, even.if they are destroying your lower order

What a difference it makes when we have a batsman who you just don't feel is going to throw his wicket away.

Well played Ben Stokes. Win or loss, century or no, he's played fantastic.

**** OFF PRIOR. Just a horrible shot, ball going miles wide of off stump

What a disappointment. Australia could have just started feeling some pressure and we throw another wicket away.

Should be priors last test innings for a while. Let's see Bairstow next game.

One of the best centuries you'll ever see from Stokes. He's played beautifully, glad to see him get a good round of applause from the crowd.

He's had his touch of luck that many get with a century but he's looked excellent with his shot selection.

Take a bow Ben Stokes. Let's make it a daddy century and make Aus nervous.

Done and dusted. Keeping my head down here in the office while they're cheering in the staff canteen watching the telly.

Well played to the Aussies, deserved winners of the Ashes this series

5k turned upto watch them reclaim the urn, 4k English hahahahahaha, world's worst winners and losers in sport, thats one title they will never lose

Superb from Stokes, at least weve scored 1 hundred in the series

I am massively ****ed off that ill be watching 2 dead rubbers though !!!!

Still us English fans know how to be proper supporters and will have a great time

Back