• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Warner misses swann by a mile coming down this pitch, prior drops what would have been a certain stumping

If his wicketkeeping isn't at an elite level Prior really has no value to this team

Has Prior ever been elite though? He's having an absolute mare.

I think there was a time when he was the best wicketkeeper-batsman in world cricket.

The strangest part to me is that a couple of years ago England was an exceptional fielding side, they never seemed to drop a catch. It was against South Africa that I remember we dropped Amla 3 or 4 times and it cost us hundreds of runs that it seems to have changed.

Looking through the stats, it is outrageous the incredible decline of the England batting lineup.

From 2007-11 (min. 5 inns)

From 2011-13 (min. 5 inns)

Last two years, only Cook averaging over 40 and only just at that. The four years to 2011 we had Cook, Bell and Trott over 50 with KP basically there too (49.5) and Prior and Strauss in the mid 40's.

Looking at the figures, I'm genuinely shocked we've won as many tests as we have in recent years. An overhaul needed I think, keep Cook and Bell, give Carberry and Root more time and replace the rest.

Prior is massively ****ing me off, a prick with the gloves, a prick with the bat, a prick with his mouthing off...

He was a smug git in an interview straight after the first test in the series just gone inEngland. Glad he's getting his comeuppance.

I did have little hope last night but just woke up wow what a shambles. England have been pathetic beet boycott is having a melt down on tms

He was a smug git in an interview straight after the first test in the series just gone inEngland. Glad he's getting his comeuppance.

Always been mouthy, but in the past few years has had the game to back it up, he doesnt now, think its time in the summer to look to the future with a new wk

Commentators going on about how 'kids need a hero, and Warner is a real hero'.
Pathetic. Few months ago they were ripping the **** out of him.

Commentators going on about how 'kids need a hero, and Warner is a real hero'.
Pathetic. Few months ago they were ripping the **** out of him.

He gets ****ed, fights people and is a drongo, thats surely the number one pre-requisite for an Aussie hero ???

Looking through the stats, it is outrageous the incredible decline of the England batting lineup.

From 2007-11 (min. 5 inns)

From 2011-13 (min. 5 inns)

Last two years, only Cook averaging over 40 and only just at that. The four years to 2011 we had Cook, Bell and Trott over 50 with KP basically there too (49.5) and Prior and Strauss in the mid 40's.

Looking at the figures, I'm genuinely shocked we've won as many tests as we have in recent years. An overhaul needed I think, keep Cook and Bell, give Carberry and Root more time and replace the rest.

I knew Cricinfo were good for stats but didn't realise you could do queries like that. Awesome.

Just ran it for India and they only had 3 above 45 in same period (last 2 years).

SA have 5 above above 45.

Australia only have 3 and 2 of those are retired (Ponting and Hussey)

It's not really been what you'd term a golden age for cricket generally over the last 2/3 years - some of the greats in decline and a few retirements as well. Possibly related to growth of 20/20?

I'm guessing not many of you are still watching, but this is some cracking hitting.

It's not even depressing watching it, these England players deserve to be humiliated for the way they have batted in this series.

I do have some sympathy for the bowlers getting smashed all over the park, the fielding and top 7 have been pathetic.

Bailey just smashed 28 off an Anderson over, equalling the record set by Lara and Aussies declare. Let's see what kind of fight England has. I expect it to be over by tea.

Back