• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

The bowler is well within his rights to do it but its massively unsporting and a bit scummy if you ask me...

On the other hand, if a batsman is constantly attempting to reduce the distance he has to run, and the bowler has warned him, then he is fair game.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

England have named uncapped trio Chris Jordan, Sam Robson and Moeen Ali in the squad for the first Test against Sri Lanka at Lord's on 12 June.

Sussex fast bowler Jordan, 25, took 12 wickets in the one-day series with Sri Lanka, while Ali, 26, played in three ODIs in the West Indies last winter.

Opening batsman Robson, 24, averages 51 for Middlesex this season.

Wicketkeeper Matt Prior is included, while bowler Liam Plunkett returns after a seven-year Test absence.

Plunkett, 29, has enjoyed a resurgence at Yorkshire, where he is bowling with real pace, often touching 90mph. He has taken 24 wickets this season at an average of 24, while he has a highest score of 86 with the bat.

"It's very exciting for Liam," said national selector James Whitaker. "He's shown all the hallmarks of a spearhead fast bowler.

"He's bowled some really quick spells. The quickest was at Lord's. He'll be confident there and we wish him well."

There is no place for Durham all-rounder Ben Stokes, who was one of the few positives to emerge from England's disastrous Ashes whitewash over the winter.

The 23-year-old has only just returned to action after breaking a hand when he punched a locker after being dismissed in a one-day international against West Indies in March.

"Ben Stokes is very much part of England's future," said Whitaker. "We would like to see a few more overs under his belt, but he will be back soon."

Opening batsman Michael Carberry, wicketkeeper Jonny Bairstow, leg-spinner Scott Borthwick and pace bowler Boyd Rankin miss out after playing in England's final Test of the 5-0 defeat by Australia.

Kevin Pietersen was not available for selection after being told he is no longer part of the national team's plans, while Jonathan Trott is recovering from a stress-related condition.

Lancashire wicketkeeper Jos Buttler, who struck the fastest ODI century by an England batsman during the Sri Lanka series, also misses the cut.

England will hope Sussex keeper Prior can rediscover his best form after being dropped during the Ashes series following a run of poor form with the bat. He has only recently returned from an Achilles tendon injury to play for his county.

The 32-year-old averages 40 with the bat in his 75 Tests, and Whitaker said: "Our number one priority is someone being 100% fit and we're confident Matt is. We believe he can be part of that core group of players that can drive the team forward over the next three or four years.

"Very few people go through their careers without a blip but he is just the sort of character we want in that team."

Jordan has impressed with bat and ball in one-day internationals since making his debut in the home series against Australia last year.

He hit 38 from 13 balls and took 3-25 in the first match against Sri Lanka at The Oval, and returned the best figures by an England bowler at Old Trafford with 5-29 in match three.

Worcestershire's Ali, meanwhile, was named Player of the Year by the Professional Cricketers' Association last season after scoring more than 2,000 runs in all forms of the game and taking 55 wickets with his off-spin bowling.

Robson gets his chance after impressing with the bat over the winter, when he scored two centuries for the England Performance Programme and three hundreds for England Lions on their tour of Sri Lanka.

The second match in the two-Test series begins at Headingley on 20 June.

Full squad: Alastair Cook (Essex), Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), James Anderson (Lancashire), Gary Ballance (Yorkshire), Ian Bell (Warwickshire), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), Chris Jordan (Sussex), Liam Plunkett (Yorkshire), Matt Prior (Sussex), Sam Robson (Middlesex), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire).

England put in this morning and have got to 344-5 at the close, 100 for Root, 70 odd for Prior, 50 for Bell and 48 on debut for Ali, great start to the summer

Im gong on Saturday cant wait - first England cricket match (one day or test) ever. Im excited although would love to see England bat a bit.

Im gong on Saturday cant wait - first England cricket match (one day or test) ever. Im excited although would love to see England bat a bit.

I'm going tomorrow. I love going to Lords, I've got tickets for two days of the test against India too.

Which stand are you in?

Marky - Yeah I got it sorted basically Rovers tickets are for members guests but if theyre unreserved (which they are) I can enter without a member - so im ok on that count. If theyre reserved it means you MUST enter with a member.

Milo - I can choose between Tavern stand, Warner Stand or Allen stand. Apparently dress code no t shirts and collars etc. Makes a change from the football haha.

Ticking along at a good rate this morning, you're almost certainly out of luck for seeing England bat tomorrow though DHSF

very true Big L

Also if we do somehow bowl them out the chances are it will be a follow on as I dont think they would get enough runs not to get the follow on... still be fun.

Wowzers !!!!

MS Dhoni, the India captain, is the only cricketer on the list of 100 highest-paid athletes in the world. He is also, obviously, the only Indian on the list. At 22, he has fallen six places from the list released in 2013, although it is still better than his 31st rank in 2012. He still ended up making more money than the likes of Wayne Rooney, Usain Bolt and basketball player Dwayne Wade. Dhoni's total earnings, according to the magazine, have come down from US$31.5 million in 2013 to $30 million.

The most striking part of Dhoni's presence in this list is the money he has made through endorsements. According to Forbes, $26 million of his earnings have come through endorsements. Only seven athletes have made more endorsement money in the period of July 2013 to May 2014. Roger Federer - with $52 million made through endorsements and only $4.5 million through salary and winnings - and Bolt - with $23 million in endorsements and $300,000 in winnings - lead those with a stark endorsement-to-earnings ratio.

Stunningly, boxer Floyd Mayweather earned the most in the qualifying period - $105 million - without any endorsements. He has risen from No. 14 to No. 1 this year. Footballers Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi follow Mayweather at the top, sandwiching basketball player LeBron James at No. 3. Tiger Woods has gone down from No. 1 to 6, and Federer from 2 to 7.

Marky - Yeah I got it sorted basically Rovers tickets are for members guests but if theyre unreserved (which they are) I can enter without a member - so im ok on that count. If theyre reserved it means you MUST enter with a member.

Milo - I can choose between Tavern stand, Warner Stand or Allen stand. Apparently dress code no t shirts and collars etc. Makes a change from the football haha.
Had good fun today, great to see Root get a 200.

Enjoy tomorrow. it is my favourite place to watch cricket.

Was a fun day out at Lords yesterday. Didnt realise you could bring your own ****ing hampers and picnics and **** - like Wimbledon really. Food was ok and alcohol was good - good service al round and a chilled out day - so different from a football match.

Regards to the cricket - I have always likes Sangakara and was glad I was there to witness his 147.

Will def go again although was a bit bored at times (test cricket is a really long day) I think ill go to an ODI game though.

Was a fun day out at Lords yesterday. Didnt realise you could bring your own ****ing hampers and picnics and **** - like Wimbledon really. Food was ok and alcohol was good - good service al round and a chilled out day - so different from a football match.

Regards to the cricket - I have always likes Sangakara and was glad I was there to witness his 147.

Will def go again although was a bit bored at times (test cricket is a really long day) I think ill go to an ODI game though.
I much prefer test cricket to one day or twenty twenty.

I love test cricket. This has been good so far. Hope England make an attacking declaration and go for the jugular.

Also was really nice to see Root get a double ton.

I love test cricket. This has been good so far. Hope England make an attacking declaration and go for the jugular.

Also was really nice to see Root get a double ton.

Me too, could quite happily watch it all day, England starting to have a go now, a declaration could happen tonight and have a few overs tonight against the Sri Lankan openers

Back