• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

First day/night test in Adelaide next year, should be interesting.

I like the idea of it but not sure I'd fancy going to see a test match after work, I like going in the day with a bit of sun and getting tanked up a bit. Think I would miss all that.

First day/night test in Adelaide next year, should be interesting.

I like the idea of it but not sure I'd fancy going to see a test match after work, I like going in the day with a bit of sun and getting tanked up a bit. Think I would miss all that.

GHod more time for the aussie drongo's to get ****ed up on mid strength !!!!!!!

How good could this be today, its on SS2 now

Marylebone Cricket Club Team
S Chanderpaul, R Dravid, AJ Finch, BC Lara, B Lee, CMW Read†, Saeed Ajmal, SW Tait, SR Tendulkar*, Umar Gul, DL Vettori

Rest of the World XI Team
TL Best, PD Collingwood, AC Gilchrist†, M Muralitharan, KP Pietersen, V Sehwag, Shahid Afridi, PM Siddle, Tamim Iqbal, SK Warne*, Yuvraj Singh

Hahahahaha good old Straussy, he was heard calling KP a massive c**t !!!

Andrew Strauss has apologised for an offensive comment he made about Kevin Pietersen when he thought he was off the air while commentating at Lord’s.

Strauss was heard by Australian Fox Sports viewers calling Pietersen a “****” during the MCC v Rest of the World fixture. He was discussing his former England colleague with his fellow commentator Nick Knight in the bluntest of terms, believing – mistakenly – that an advertising break was taking place all around the world. The comments were not heard by Sky viewers in Britain.

The former England captain apologised on air later. “I apologise unreservedly, particularly to Kevin Pietersen,” he said. “I am mortified and profusely sorry.”

Sky Sports had earlier issued its own apology. “Earlier comments were made during a break of play, which were heard overseas. We apologise for the language issued,” it said in a tweet.

Strauss’s apology was rather more wholehearted than the one that Paul Downton was required to give after his comments on BBC radio that Pietersen had been “disengaged” and disinterested” in Australia at the end of the Ashes series.

The episode is the latest in a series of tangled relationships between Pietersen and recent England captains that continue to haunt the game.

In 2012 Pietersen enraged the England hierarchy because of text messages sent about Strauss to South African cricketers engaged in the series in England. Pietersen was subsequently dropped for the final Test of that summer. More recently he was “retired” by England’s new regime, led by Paul Downton.

At Lord’s, where the two teams were playing to celebrate 200 years of cricket on this site, Pietersen could not be consoled by his captain for the day, Shane Warne. He was struck by a beamer from his old Australia team-mate, Brett Lee; his hand was broken and he was therefore unable to lead the Rest of the World side in the field. This will have disappointed him as well as a packed house, eager for one last glimpse of the great leg-spinner.

Meanwhile Strauss, a man renowned for the safest pair of hands – and a restrained tongue – must have been contemplating whether a media career was quite so attractive after all.

How good could this be today, its on SS2 now

Marylebone Cricket Club Team
S Chanderpaul, R Dravid, AJ Finch, BC Lara, B Lee, CMW Read†, Saeed Ajmal, SW Tait, SR Tendulkar*, Umar Gul, DL Vettori

Rest of the World XI Team
TL Best, PD Collingwood, AC Gilchrist†, M Muralitharan, KP Pietersen, V Sehwag, Shahid Afridi, PM Siddle, Tamim Iqbal, SK Warne*, Yuvraj Singh

Was there, good atmosphere, wow Indians love Tendulkar lol Been impressed for a while, Finch is a star. Though tbf Warney's team had a poor attack, especially as he couldn't bow himself - Collingwood was first change haha

Was there, good atmosphere, wow Indians love Tendulkar lol Been impressed for a while, Finch is a star. Though tbf Warney's team had a poor attack, especially as he couldn't bow himself - Collingwood was first change haha

I loved it when Warne got hit by a beamer and couldnt bowl, the bloke is a massive prick

Got an invite to my companies box at Lords next sunday for day 4 of the test vs India, happy with that wahooooooooooooo

England let it slip yet again, 300-4 to 355-9 to 450 odd all out, shocking really and Cook fails yet again, oh dear Ali !!!

Wow Root & Anderson have now put on 187 runs for the 10th wicket, a world record in test cricket

England have a little lead now, fantastic watching this today

Back