• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Blue & Yellow ITK Bonanza Thread

17mil is a bit pricey for two kids though.

Given that that's how much West Ham paid for Andy Carroll, well maybe they paid a bit less, I don't think £17m is too much at all. What I require, to he satisfied though, is that the scouting has been carried out thoroughly, for us to know the likelihood of these players getting good.

If they have the current ability and great potential then they'll be worth £17m and soon a LOT more than that!!

I have no doubt that we'll sign a striker still, my confidence helps me to enjoy these other potential deals.

I get the feeling that we're going to spend BIG this summer.

Tomorrow's front cover of Croatia's leading sports paper - "Halilovic and Jedvaj to Spurs for €20m?"

That's one hell of a price for two 17 year olds, though I guess if Halilovic is already an international then he shouldnt be viewed as a kid but as a first teamer, and therefore its less risky as its less of a bet on his development. And if he's already an international and Ledvaj isn't (and is a CB) then perhaps £14m of the fee is for Halal and £6m for the other

id imagine the price quoted will be inclusive of future payments based on the usual stuff - success/internationals/first team appearances etc

That's one hell of a price for two 17 year olds, though I guess if Halilovic is already an international then he shouldnt be viewed as a kid but as a first teamer, and therefore its less risky as its less of a bet on his development. And if he's already an international and Ledvaj isn't (and is a CB) then perhaps £14m of the fee is for Halal and £6m for the other

From SC - seems like the story is somewhat blown out of proportion

Ok, got a chance to look at the paper.

All speculation.

Apparently an English reporter phoned the Croatian one and asked if there was any truth that Jedvaj and Halilovic were off to Spurs for 20m euros.

The said (Croatian) journalist went and asked Dinamo's sporting director (Zoran Mamic) about it.

- First and foremost. No official offer has been received by the club. At this moment we don't have anything to hide, there haven't been any official bids for any of our players.

The reporter pressed by saying, ok, but can you at least acknowledge if there is interest from Spurs for a "Jedvaj-Halilovic" package deal:

- There is interest. However, it's not from only one club. For our players, and I'm not exaggerating, there is interest from all of the top clubs in Europe. Whoever you wish to write, you can't go wrong.

About if the players would be allowed to leave:

- Every player can go or can stay. Who knows what will happen until the end of the transfer window. Look, just today I received calls from Turkey (site of the U20 World Cup). I won't name the clubs, but they want to buy Simunovic (CB, the guy I mentioned in this thread as Jedvaj's replacement in Dinamo) and Gorupec (right back)!

That's basically it.

Given that that's how much West Ham paid for Andy Carroll, well maybe they paid a bit less, I don't think £17m is too much at all. What I require, to he satisfied though, is that the scouting has been carried out thoroughly, for us to know the likelihood of these players getting good.

If they have the current ability and great potential then they'll be worth £17m and soon a LOT more than that!!

I have no doubt that we'll sign a striker still, my confidence helps me to enjoy these other potential deals.

I get the feeling that we're going to spend BIG this summer.

What the spammers paid for Carroll is irrelevant. Unless these two boys are ready to compete for starting spots from the get go then it is too much to spend on 'for the future' type players. We could get a top striker for that sort of money.

I disagree as it could potentially save us money in the future. If we buy both of those, and one if them turns in to a player worth £20m+, then isn't that worth it? Plus the wages they will be on will be relatively low, I'd imagine.

I still want us to sign a striker but I'm talking about these signings in addition to a striker, not instead of one. We could still get a top striker and we won't over spend as Levy likely has a budget and will know a striker is a priority and so have money set aside, he's not naive.

What the spammers paid for Carroll is irrelevant. Unless these two boys are ready to compete for starting spots from the get go then it is too much to spend on 'for the future' type players. We could get a top striker for that sort of money.

Didn't work out at all for us when we signed Gareth "for the future" Bale.

A good transfer strategy for a club like ours, and for most clubs in the world, should include spending money on young players with a lot of potential for the future.

It's not necessarily and either/or situation with these (or other) youngsters and a new striker.

17m on Paulinho...20m on these two.... a new striker inevitably will arrive too. I thought we didn't have much cash to spend?

17m on Paulinho...20m on these two.... a new striker inevitably will arrive too. I thought we didn't have much cash to spend?

Should we wait until we see who we actually sign and who we actually sell before we continue this debate? Even more so since this is the ITK thread...

Didn't work out at all for us when we signed Gareth "for the future" Bale.

A good transfer strategy for a club like ours, and for most clubs in the world, should include spending money on young players with a lot of potential for the future.

It's not necessarily and either/or situation with these (or other) youngsters and a new striker.
Using Bale as an example to justify spending large sum on kids is not a valid argument. There are plenty of kids with potential that have fallen by the wayside. For every Bale there are a hundred others who look the real deal and don't make it for a variety of reasons. My point is not don't invest in youth, but rather dont gamble big on unproven talent and 17mil is too expensive IMHO.

Who: Roger Morgan
When: 28/06/2013
Where: SO

Shakhtar's striker Mkhitaryan was in a London hotel earlier this week. He wasn't talking to Liverpool. Agent is Mino Raiola, who looks after Ibra and Mario. Very well connected to Baldini.

Is Roger Morgan the guy who works for the Times or something?

Shakhtar's striker Mkhitaryan was in a London hotel earlier this week
. He wasn't talking to Liverpool. Agent is Mino Raiola, who looks after Ibra and Mario. Very well connected to Baldini.

Is Roger Morgan the guy who works for the Times or something?

Oh really Roger? would you have said this if the picture of Mkhitaryan in London didn't appear:ross:

Can't see why we need him, given that he plays attacking midfielder and, with the seemingly imminent signing of Paulinho, we have a wealth of talent for the midfield areas already!

Can't see why we need him, given that he plays attacking midfielder and, with the seemingly imminent signing of Paulinho, we have a wealth of talent for the midfield areas already!

Cut inside from the left or right so taking Lennon's place basically. He seems to drift around a lot and looks extremely creative so him and Bale behind the striker would probably work well and he would add the creativity whilst Paulinho offers the box to box option.

Shakhtar's striker Mkhitaryan was in a London hotel earlier this week. He wasn't talking to Liverpool. Agent is Mino Raiola, who looks after Ibra and Mario. Very well connected to Baldini.

Tancredi beat you to it Roger, he tweeted it 8hrs ago.

Back