• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Blue & Yellow ITK Bonanza Thread

The Journalist reportedly saying that he was talking about Bernard, not Damiao.

That would have made me hopeful, if he had ever gotten anything right.

Who: The Goat

Baldini. The Goat is confident that we have got our man. No idea why it hasn't been announced yet.

Paul ‏@pthfcning
@jetsetyid Barry def isn't happening.

The original JJetset ‏@jetsetyid
Yes i know !!

Paul ‏@pthfcning
@jetsetyid Gotta be a smokescreen. Either that or very lazy journalism. Probably the latter actually.

Smoke screens are myths! We don't do them it's the press etc that do.
Not sophisticated enough !

Paul ‏@pthfcning
@jetsetyid Heard some good news regarding LD9 earlier.

The original JJetset The original JJetset ‏@jetsetyid
@pthfcning what was it?

WOW thanks pthfcning!

Angus Tillson ‏@codspur
@pthfcning lots saying this is dead but you seem pretty optimistic Paul. I guess you have a reason for this optimism esp judging by JJ's WOW

Paul ‏@pthfcning
Those 2 magic words- work permit.

Dont you announce signings pending work permit etc.

This was answered in January, I don't remember the exact details, but you can apply for a work permit without having completed a signing. We apparently did back then with Damiao (I think).

The Goat

The Goat hears from a seperate source that Baldini is done and the lack of announcement is supposedly due to a pre planned holiday. Conversations about targets have taken place however. Also there could well be more than one Brazilian coming to WHL next season. The club is very uptight about leaks at the moment, hence the dearth of good ITK, but I am confident we will have a good summer.

Ryantegan on SC

I know for sure where the "Spurs dont want Leandro anymore" story comes from.

Its THFC publicity machine. I know a Journo who said he was told this by someone at the club without even asking.

The Goat

The Goat hears from a seperate source that Baldini is done and the lack of announcement is supposedly due to a pre planned holiday. Conversations about targets have taken place however. Also there could well be more than one Brazilian coming to WHL next season. The club is very uptight about leaks at the moment, hence the dearth of good ITK, but I am confident we will have a good summer.

This is very believable actually. I know for a fact that this exact scenario happened with Gary Bowyer at Blackburn. Deal done, but went on hols for 2/3 weeks before it was officially announced.

What would announcing before/while on holiday actually not achieve ?

Well if he was announced before/during his holiday he would likely have a fudge load of agents trying to contact him about their players.

Not exactly something you want during your holiday.

And what would be gained by announcing before his holiday?

If it's even true.

Well if he was announced before/during his holiday he would likely have a fudge load of agents trying to contact him about their players.

Not exactly something you want during your holiday.

And what would be gained by announcing before his holiday?

If it's even true.

Buit if The Goat knows then won't all the Agents (who actually do have real football insight) know and contact him anyway?

Buit if The Goat knows then won't all the Agents (who actually do have real football insight) know and contact him anyway?

You're assuming that the agents believe ITK?

Why talk to someone who 'might' become an employee in the future rather than contact someone who definitely is?

We'll probably want to do a proper press conference when we unveil. Don't think Baldini wants to spend his holiday talking to journalists either.

Dont you announce signings pending work permit etc.

Only near deadline day. Otherwise I guess it makes sense to ensure all your I&Ts are in order. Or what Jordinho says about putting it in place in advance.

This PBS/sponsored skilled workers thing seems to work better for football clubs than the old work permits (although it is rumoured that Coulibaly's is being withdrawn).

Back