• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Juniors/on-loan thread 2013/14

This is true. I read an article from a PL physio about medicals during transfers. I can't remember where I read it but to summarise he said that every player is carrying injuries of one sort or another and that medicals can never be conclusive. They are more of a calculated gamble and the transfer fee is part of the risk analysis. The higher the fee the less you let slide I guess.

We could do with Benny now. Naughton is a poor substitute IMO.

AVB had over a year to decide which of the two is the better option and he went with Naughton.

While I might not necessarily agree with his decision, I realise that he's in a far better position to judge these things than I am.

If AVB thinks Naughton is the better option, who am I to argue?

Spurs XI played a friendly against Queens Park Rangers at Hotspur Way earlier today.

The game ended in a 2-2 draw with Kenneth McEvoy and Simon Dawkins scoring for Spurs.

AVB had over a year to decide which of the two is the better option and he went with Naughton.

While I might not necessarily agree with his decision, I realise that he's in a far better position to judge these things than I am.

If AVB thinks Naughton is the better option, who am I to argue?

Indeed. There is something more to this Benny thing than meets the eye. I know the levels of playing ability that Benny can perform to, or has in the past, and IMO this is far higher level than Naughton playing out of position can. But the manager in his wisdom has decided this is the way to go for whatever reason. It's a shame as I like Benny and think he would offer more than Naughton in this position.

Naughton will get his chance as right back and will do fine there.

Indeed; I'd guess 95% of Spurs fans think BAE is a better left back than Naughton, so it does seem that there is something else

Either BAE's attitude or something else

Indeed; I'd guess 95% of Spurs fans think BAE is a better left back than Naughton, so it does seem that there is something else

Either BAE's attitude or something else

I'm not sure it's really relevant what spurs fans think. As they are not the ones that make the decisions at the club.

It seems AVB does not like the attitude of BAE, Ade and I suspect Sandro, too.

I don't care about any of these players as long as we keep scoring and winning and team spirit is good.

There was a recent post with a youtube clip showing Defoe wheeling Sandro around in a laundry basket during a training session. I watched it and thought it unprofessional and possibly dangerous to Sandro's health.

I don't think AVB rates "having a laugh" during training as a priority.

Neither does Mourinho.

My guess is few here would play Sandro ahead of Paulinho, so in effect he is competing with Dembele for the one remaining central spot. Both are excellent at ball-winning and -retention but Dembele surely offers far more going forward.

There was a recent post with a youtube clip showing Defoe wheeling Sandro around in a laundry basket during a training session. I watched it and thought it unprofessional and possibly dangerous to Sandro's health.

Neither does Mourinho.

That video is what you're basing your speculation that AVB doesn't like Sandro's attitude?

I think AVB thinks of squad morale and happiness as priorities. Do you think the video would have been released if AVB had found their behaviour unprofessional? It's not like they're hiding away in a corner smoking cigarettes. Coaches and team mates are walking by, people are smiling and laughing. It's at a photo shoot as well, not exactly in the middle of some training session routine.

Do you think that based on this it's likely that AVB also doesn't like Kaboul's and Defoe's attitude as well? They took part just as much as Sandro...

Neither does Mourinho.
Wasn't a training session, it was the team photo shoot, where I'm sure there's a lot of waiting about.
If you don't think AVB likes having a laugh at training then check the pictures when it was Holtby's birthday.
Having a laugh is hardly unprofessional.

Neither does Mourinho.

Haven't seen the video, but seriously? Was he wheeling him down an extremely steep hill at high speed, off a cliff or into a ravine?

It seems AVB does not like the attitude of BAE, Ade and I suspect Sandro, too.

I don't care about any of these players as long as we keep scoring and winning and team spirit is good.

I think the main reason for Sandro not being first choice at the moment is the fact that he is only just back from a serious knee ligament injury. He is therefore still feeling his way back, gaining fitness and confidence again. It seems to me that AVB would rather use the comparatively less physical and frenetic games in the Europa League and Carling Cup to ease Sandro back into the fold gently. Nothing other than very good management I'd say.

U18s Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur Preview

John McDermott is pleased with the way our Under-18s have trained this week as they get set to travel to Norwich City on Saturday.

The youngsters have made a 100 per cent start to the Barclays Under-18 Premier League season, winning six games out of six.

Last week we sent Emirates Marketing Project packing after coming from a goal down to inflict a 4-1 defeat on the visitors, and after another productive week’s work – Academy Manager John says the boys will be aiming for another good performance at the Canaries’ Colney Training Centre on Saturday lunchtime.

“We’ll concentrate on what we’ve got to do and see where we can improve from last week,” said John. “We just have a typical training session today (Friday), hopefully that’s bright and clever, and then we’ll travel up there tomorrow and hopefully continue to play well.

“At this level you never know what the opposition are going to do.”

John added that he still faces a number of selection posers – with competition for places fierce among the players.

“It’s a lovely dilemma. We’ve had a very positive training week this week. We had a game against Birmingham on Tuesday, which allowed some of the boys that didn’t play last week to get a game. Kane Vincent-Young played, which was important. He’s been out since the third week of pre-season.

“It’s been a good week. All we can hope is that we play well tomorrow and we get some good individual performances.”

Neither does Mourinho.

:ross: You serious? Like someone mentioned there are pictures of players and staff roughing up (though playfully) Holtby during practice on his birthday. There have also been videos of the coaches insitigating playful fights with players during said practice....so do you really feel Sandro is at risk of losing his place because he decided to extend the great team chemistry we are currently exhibiting by sitting in a laundry basket and having it slide down?

Spurs U18s v Norwich City

McGee

Walker-Peters - Ogilvie - Maghoma - Carter-Vickers

Lesniak - Onomah - Georgiou

Miller - Oduwa - Akindayini

Subs: Walkes, Goddard, Harrison​

2 mins.

A scramble in the City box leads to Christian Maghoma slotting home.

Early advantage for the visitors.

Norwich U18s 0-1 Tottenham U18s

8 mins.

Anthony Georgiou rattles the post for Spurs, who are on top at the moment and have the lead.

26 mins.

Nathan Oduwa forces a good, point blank save from Marko Cancar, City's trialist 'keeper.

Back