• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Juniors/on-loan thread 2013/14

U18s Spurs v City Preview

Academy manager John McDermott is anticipating a ‘different challenge’ when our Under-18s host Emirates Marketing Project at the Training Centre on Saturday.

The lads have won five out of five so far this season in the Barclays Under-18 Premier League, their latest triumph coming last weekend as they hammered four goals past Stoke City without reply.

And John admits the lads will have to carry that momentum into this weekend’s fixture as they seek to deal with whatever City have to throw at them.

“It’s about playing the team in front of you and not playing the shirt,” said John ahead of what appears on paper to be a tough fixture.

“I’ve got a lot of respect for the people at Emirates Marketing Project, just as I have for a lot of the other academies, so I’m sure it will be a difficult game, a different challenge.

“We will see if we can impose our style upon theirs, and hopefully put in an excellent performance and win the game.”

Several players are pushing for a start once again this week, leaving John with a similar selection poser to the one he faced at Stoke.

“The most difficult part of the weekend just gone was which four players to leave at home because there’s a real competitiveness around the squad at the moment and it was harsh on the boys that didn’t travel.

“We could have got on any of the 18 fit boys and I’ve have felt comfortable that they’d have been able to perform.

“We’ve got a lot of good players fighting for a place to play.”

Tottenham Hotspur Reserves (Spurs XI), Under-21s, & Academy (U-18s) 2013-14

U18s Spurs v City Preview

Academy manager John McDermott is anticipating a ‘different challenge’ when our Under-18s host Emirates Marketing Project at the Training Centre on Saturday.

The lads have won five out of five so far this season in the Barclays Under-18 Premier League, their latest triumph coming last weekend as they hammered four goals past Stoke City without reply.

And John admits the lads will have to carry that momentum into this weekend’s fixture as they seek to deal with whatever City have to throw at them.

“It’s about playing the team in front of you and not playing the shirt,” said John ahead of what appears on paper to be a tough fixture.

“I’ve got a lot of respect for the people at Emirates Marketing Project, just as I have for a lot of the other academies, so I’m sure it will be a difficult game, a different challenge.

“We will see if we can impose our style upon theirs, and hopefully put in an excellent performance and win the game.”

Several players are pushing for a start once again this week, leaving John with a similar selection poser to the one he faced at Stoke.

“The most difficult part of the weekend just gone was which four players to leave at home because there’s a real competitiveness around the squad at the moment and it was harsh on the boys that didn’t travel.

“We could have got on any of the 18 fit boys and I’ve have felt comfortable that they’d have been able to perform.

“We’ve got a lot of good players fighting for a place to play.”

P0342_zps7befd229.png

Tottenham Hotspur Reserves (Spurs XI), Under-21s, & Academy (U-18s) 2013-14

U18s SPURS 4-1 Emirates Marketing Project

Our Under-18s made it made it six wins in six in the Barclays U21 Premier League with a 4-1 victory against Emirates Marketing Project this afternoon.

Goals came from Emmanuel Sonupe, Nathan Oduwa, Harry Winks and Daniel Akindayini.

U18s SPURS 4-1 Emirates Marketing Project

Our Under-18s made it made it six wins in six in the Barclays U21 Premier League with a 4-1 victory against Emirates Marketing Project this afternoon.

Goals came from Emmanuel Sonupe, Nathan Oduwa, Harry Winks and Daniel Akindayini.

NaijaSpurs right there! :D

Apparently Sonupe is meant to be pretty special? Suppports the goons tho' :(

I see Smith has seen off another manager. Derby lose 1-0. Adam gets 90.
Carroll and BAE get 90 mins as QPR coast 2-0. Jake hit the post for Hull.
90 mins Khumalo-Donny win 1-0 away.
Swindon lose 2-1 away. Report below.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24185029

Odd decesion to get rid of Clough at derby. Smith has had some decent moments there but i think if we can get him a premership loan at xmas we should.

Good to see carroll get 90 minutes again i wonder why ekotto could not pass a medical but has no problems playing games.

Odd decesion to get rid of Clough at derby.Smith has had some decent moments there but i think if we can get him a premership loan at xmas we should.

Good to see carroll get 90 minutes again i wonder why ekotto could not pass a medical but has no problems playing games.

Wasn't it a season long loan for Smith?

NaijaSpurs right there! :D

Apparently Sonupe is meant to be pretty special? Suppports the goons tho' :(

Akndayini, Winks, Oduwa and Sonupe are all highly thought of ;) amazing that all 4 got on the score sheet at the same time

I watched Smith against Forest and he was poor. He managed to do the impossible in being turned and beaten by Andy Reid (gif), plus missed a tackle on the Forest counter that led to their penalty. He seems to have a bit about him going forwards (decent dribbler), but his crossing was mediocre. Other than his 15 minute debut for us this is all I've seen of him, but with him turning 23 before the season ends I'd be surprised to see him make it with us.

For him it must be annoying that Clough got sacked too, as he'd fought his way into the team after not being picked at the start of the season. Hopefully he'll still be first choice though because, as Chich says, we've had a few late bloomers.

Odd decesion to get rid of Clough at derby. Smith has had some decent moments there but i think if we can get him a premership loan at xmas we should.

I'm really hoping this loan spell works out like the loans did for Walker,Rose and Townsend

I see the U21s are playing Liverpool away next Monday at St Helens RLFC, might have to pay a visit, only down the road from Warrington.

Were those reports ever confirmed by anyone reasonably trustworthy?

If so there's probably a difference between passing a medical for a team looking to commit a significant transfer fee along with a 3-4 years of wages on a contract for a player compared to a team that's taking him on loan for a season for what was most likely a small (if any) loan fee and potentially them paying only a percentage of his wages.

Were those reports ever confirmed by anyone reasonably trustworthy?

If so there's probably a difference between passing a medical for a team looking to commit a significant transfer fee along with a 3-4 years of wages on a contract for a player compared to a team that's taking him on loan for a season for what was most likely a small (if any) loan fee and potentially them paying only a percentage of his wages.

This is true. I read an article from a PL physio about medicals during transfers. I can't remember where I read it but to summarise he said that every player is carrying injuries of one sort or another and that medicals can never be conclusive. They are more of a calculated gamble and the transfer fee is part of the risk analysis. The higher the fee the less you let slide I guess.

We could do with Benny now. Naughton is a poor substitute IMO.

Back