• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Juniors/on-loan thread 2013/14

Don't know what studs our lads are using but the number of times they're slipping just as they go to pass, cross or shoot, ridiculous.

5-0 to Pool final score.

If it's any consolation our U21s are unlikely to face such intensity and hunger, not to mention clinical finishing, for a while.

Until the next time we play Inglethorpe's lot again that is.

Liverpool started with Flannagan, Cissokho and Wisdom who are all essentially first team players. All have considerable experience from the PL or from La Liga.

We didn't have any first teamers involved, we also were without some of our more developed youth squad players like Kane and we have quite a few of our best youngsters (Carroll, Pritchard, Smitch etc) out on loan although that's probably true for Liverpool too.

Not too worried.

the past few days have been ones to forget for the club....must be a terrible atmosphere at the training ground as a result

the past few days have been ones to forget for the club....must be a terrible atmosphere at the training ground as a result

Hopefully not.

AVB and the coaches should be able to turn the West Ham result into determination for the players. It's not like we've been on a long run of poor results.

Well at least our U18s won.

They now top the Premier League South Table with seven wins from seven matches.

Liverpool started with Flannagan, Cissokho and Wisdom who are all essentially first team players. All have considerable experience from the PL or from La Liga.

We didn't have any first teamers involved, we also were without some of our more developed youth squad players like Kane and we have quite a few of our best youngsters (Carroll, Pritchard, Smitch etc) out on loan although that's probably true for Liverpool too.

Not too worried.

Maybe, but the commentator rattled off the names of several teenagers fielded by Inglethorpe including the impressive Jordan Rossiter (16) and scorers Adam Morgan (19), Cameron Brannagan (17), Ryan McLaughlan (19) and Brad Smith (19) plus CB Paez (19).

No question our talented youngsters were overwhelmed by Inglethorpe's masterly game-plan yesterday. He admitted after the match he knew exactly how to prepare his team to overcome our high line, a combination of swift counter-attacks supported by high-intensity pressing, and it worked a treat for him.

What he seems to have added to their approach was an irresistible teamwork and belief in their ability the like of which I'm guessing our kids will rarely have had to face.

Maybe, but the commentator rattled off the names of several teenagers fielded by Inglethorpe including the impressive Jordan Rossiter (16) and scorers Adam Morgan (19), Cameron Brannagan (17), Ryan McLaughlan (19) and Brad Smith (19) plus CB Paez (19).

No question our talented youngsters were overwhelmed by Inglethorpe's masterly game-plan yesterday. He admitted after the match he knew exactly how to prepare his team to overcome our high line, a combination of swift counter-attacks supported by high-intensity pressing, and it worked a treat for him.

What he seems to have added to their approach was an irresistible teamwork and belief in their ability the like of which I'm guessing our kids will rarely have had to face.

I didn't watch the game so I'm only making more general comments.

The Liverpool youth setup is reportedly very very good. No surprise to see them have some bright prospects coming through.

I would rather we sent out our youth teams somewhat naively trying to play our style of football instead of adjusting too much to the opposition for the vast majority of games. Results are often overrated for youth games I think.

Playing their style against a team like the one you describe (team work, belief etc) could be a very good learning experience.

I didn't watch the game so I'm only making more general comments.

The Liverpool youth setup is reportedly very very good. No surprise to see them have some bright prospects coming through.

I would rather we sent out our youth teams somewhat naively trying to play our style of football instead of adjusting too much to the opposition for the vast majority of games. Results are often overrated for youth games I think.

Playing their style against a team like the one you describe (team work, belief etc) could be a very good learning experience.

Hopefully last night was just a case of rock-paper-scissors: for every style of play there is a counter, so long as you apply it with sufficient purpose. Neither the brilliance of Barcelona's tiki-taka and intense pressing nor Bayern's more powerful, direct style succeeded in crushing Chelsea's grotesquely negative counter-attacking approach a couple of summers back.

Kane got 2 for england so far. Can only do his confidence good, think he really needs som regular football to see what level he is at, not convinced he is ready for the premership. But the have certainly been some improvements in his play recently.

A half season on loan at a good championship club at xmas would do him the power of good. Wish he would start the league cup match against villa but i guess defoe or ade will get the nod ahead of him.

Kane got 2 for england so far. Can only do his confidence good, think he really needs som regular football to see what level he is at, not convinced he is ready for the premership. But the have certainly been some improvements in his play recently.

A half season on loan at a good championship club at xmas would do him the power of good. Wish he would start the league cup match against villa but i guess defoe or ade will get the nod ahead of him.

Finished up with a hat-trick, but it was only San Marino.

Doesn't matter if its "only San Marino"

I think it does.

We've been banging then in for fun in the cups this year but scored less than a goal a game in the competition that really counts.

I always score against my 8 year old son when we play in the garden - maybe I should be starting up front for England tomorrow?

I think it does.

We've been banging then in for fun in the cups this year but scored less than a goal a game in the competition that really counts.

I always score against my 8 year old son when we play in the garden - maybe I should be starting up front for England tomorrow?

:ross:

Back