• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Juniors/on-loan thread 2013/14

Having watched that match and people wanting any of these 'youngsters' anywhere near playing in the first team really need a reality check.

yep. none of the swindon boys are anywhere near the 1st team. and all of them 20/21 they will move on for loose change like i said a few pages back. someone once said in this thread pritchard is "the biggest talent since hoddle" which is quite simply laughable.

yep. none of the swindon boys are anywhere near the 1st team. and all of them 20/21 they will move on for loose change like i said a few pages back. someone once said in this thread pritchard is "the biggest talent since hoddle" which is quite simply laughable.

Depends how you look at it.Being the biggest talent since hoddle, i guess your only comparing players who play in hoddles position, otherwise king and campbell(yeah i know) would have to be rated as quite big talents, also players like carr and barmby. But if we are looking at youth produced players that play the same position as hoddle, then i can only think of gower, jackson and bowditch. So he might well be the biggest talent since hoddle.

That is not me suggesting he will be as good as hoddle, time will tell if he even makes a career in football at any level, more a damning indictment of how few passing and skill based midfielders we have produced since hoddle.

Depends how you look at it.Being the biggest talent since hoddle, i guess your only comparing players who play in hoddles position, otherwise king and campbell(yeah i know) would have to be rated as quite big talents, also players like carr and barmby. But if we are looking at youth produced players that play the same position as hoddle, then i can only think of gower, jackson and bowditch. So he might well be the biggest talent since hoddle.

That is not me suggesting he will be as good as hoddle, time will tell if he even makes a career in football at any level, more a damning indictment of how few passing and skill based midfielders we have produced since hoddle.

Genuinely surprised to see that post was one of yours, Chich. Excellent post.

How much of Pritchard have you seen? I trust you when it comes to youth football.

Genuinely surprised to see that post was one of yours, Chich. Excellent post.

How much of Pritchard have you seen? I trust you when it comes to youth football.

Stop flirting with me you tart.

Not sure about pritchard, he certainly fits in with what we are trying to do by bringing through players that can actually play. I have seen clips of him on the football league show when he was at peterborough and one youth match at tottenham so not enough to say yes or no. But from what i saw i could tell he had skill and was comfortable on the ball.

He has not got 2 goals in the league for Swindon both highly skilled goals, but bostock could do that as well and we know how that ended. I think it is about whether he can learn what you need to do in a match, when to release the ball and what positions you should be running into. This loan will give him that experince and then when he returns to us the coaches can decide when he trains with the first team whether he is good enough.

The problem is that he might be good enough for a west ham or an everton but with us now having such good players it could well be very difficult for him to push past those first team players.

Apparently obika is on his way to brighton from what im hearing, so as i go to about 5 brighton games a season i might get to have a look at him, GHod knows he could do no worse then Mackil Smith the clueless ****.

Finland - England 1-1
Tom Carroll played the entire game, and according to the Daily Mail ratings he was England's best player (only one with 8).
Harry Kane come on as a sub after 57 minutes, in an effort to equalise the Suomi lead, ten minutes later the goal came.
And it was Kane that started the move:

Southgate threw caution to the wind 10 minutes after the break and sent on Harry Kane and Sammy Ameobi as England changed to near enough 4-2-4. It was Kane who proved instrumental to the equaliser. The Tottenham forward bulldozed his way through a series of tackles in the 68th minute and fed Wilfried Zaha, whose cut back from the right laid the goal on a plate for Berahino.

Kane forced Joronen into a brilliant finger-tip save from a header and hit the post with a long-range strike as England finished the stronger but Southgate declared himself satisfied with a point given the circumstances.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ares-Jack-Butlands-blushes.html#ixzz2eQrWntKH
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Finland - England 1-1
Tom Carroll played the entire game, and according to the Daily Mail ratings he was England's best player (only one with 8).
Harry Kane come on as a sub after 57 minutes, in an effort to equalise the Suomi lead, ten minutes later the goal came.
And it was Kane that started the move:

Sportsmail's Laurie Whitwell in Tampere watching England Under 21s
'England may be a man down and in a conservative formation but with Kane they have a player performing out of his skin.
'The Tottenham forward wriggles into room at the corner of the area and unleashes a powerful shot that hits the outside of the woodwork. So close.

Gratifying to read that both Spurs' men did well, notwithstanding the same reporter wrote this at HT:)

'Not looking good for England at half-time then. It's a really strong side they've got out there, but Nathan Redmond and Tom Carroll need to start finding the right pass in the attacking third.
Don't be surprised if we see the introduction of Sammy Ameobi and Will Hughes midway through the second-half.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...uro-2015-qualifier-Tampere.html#ixzz2eUn0FclT
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Dawkins scored 2 for the Spurs X1 today in a 3-2 win. Making a late bid for a place in the squad for Tromso match??

Today's training friendly SPURS XI 3-2 IPSWICH TOWN

Kenny McEvoy struck a last-minute winner as our Spurs XI team toppled Ipswich Town 3-2 in a friendly at the Training Centre on Wednesday.

The winger managed to find space in a crowded box to convert Ruben Lameiras' free-kick with only seconds remaining.

Simon Dawkins netted twice in a closely-fought encounter with few clear-cut chances.

Dawkins opened the scoring on 19 minutes. Nabil Bentaleb sent Roman Michael-Percil away down the right and the winger zipped to the byline before cutting the ball back for Dawkins, who executed his finish superbly, angling a side-foot into the top corner.

Jack Marriott hit the side-netting for Ipswich but the visitors were soon level as Matt Clarke headed down a corner and Marriott turned home from close range.

Bentaleb broke forward to force Jacob Marsden into a sharp save down to his left but the goalkeeper could do little as Dawkins latched onto Cameron Lancaster's pass and finished via a deflection for 2-1 on 36 minutes.

Luke McGee entered the fray for the second half in place of Jonathan Miles and soon made a fine one-on-one save to deny Marriott. That was matched within a minute by Marsden as Michael-Percil let rip from 25 yards.

Grant Ward was next to test Marsden after a crossfield pass from Giancarlo Gallifuoco and McGee was equal to Teddy Bishop's drive on the hour.

A defensive mix-up allowed Marriott to convert a one-on-one for 2-2 on 78 minutes but typically, the lads pushed forward for a winner, Shaq Coulthirst was inches away from McEvoy's cross on 86 minutes before the late, late winner.

Coulthirst was chopped down on the right, Lameiras whipped in the free-kick and McEvoy probably couldn't believe his luck with the goal at his mercy to secure the victory.

Spurs XI:

Miles (McGee, 46)

Ward, Ball, Gallifuoco, Stewart (Morne Nel, triallist from club partners SuperSport United, 13; replaced by McEvoy, 62)

Bentaleb, Dombaxe, Lameiras

Dawkins, Lancaster (Coulthirst, 62), Michael-Percil

Tottenham Hotspur Reserves (Spurs XI), Under-21s, & Academy (U-18s) 2013-14

A5266_zps785e7838.jpg

4 wins out of 4 Premier League games for our U18s, who beat Bolton Wanderers 2-1 today.

Harry Winks & William Miller with the Spurs goals.

Tottenham Hotspur Reserves (Spurs XI), Under-21s, & Academy (U-18s) 2013-14

Last edited:
Smith played 61 minutes for a Derby side that won 5-1 at Millwall. Their first win there in 18 years.

Back